+ Reply
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T to Acquire T-Mobile and Become the Largest US Wireless Provider

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by trialnterror With AT&T buying t-mobile I'd think it'd be the other way around! I have AT&T n I'd hope they would get some of t-mobiles pricing! With
    iPhone? More like MyPhone MYPHONEI's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trialnterror View Post
    With AT&T buying t-mobile I'd think it'd be the other way around! I have AT&T n I'd hope they would get some of t-mobiles pricing! With the merger I'd hope for an iPhone 5 on LTE unlimited, another thing I'd like to see if they didn't allow the " unlimited " is to give out a hotspot box that would tie into a AT&T provided phone line( that AT&T owns ) that would give wifi unlimited. What I envision in the future is apple work with a company that would let wifi's be hooked up all over, schools , subdivisions , cities etc. N let iPods iPhones n iPads connect for a simple monthly plan! O if I were just in charge..........
    I had Cingular when At&t bought them and the Customer service and prices changed and it was not for the better.

For some reason when Cingular bought At&t it was the other way around

they used the At&t name
    they used the At&t philosophy of service

why would they trade the At&t name, one of the oldest in the USA for Tmobile a German company?
    Don't see it, and I do not see At&t giving away service the way TMobile does.....................

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MYPHONEI For This Useful Post:

mhtruth (03-23-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

You guys are happy about this!? Less competition? Higher prices? I don't see it, the only people happy about this news are the current AT&T costumers who like & enjoy paying a higher phone bill! You people complaining about your bill, month after month you keep paying it with no complaints!! Go down to AT&T and Verizon headquarters and start a riot! Burn down the building! Let them know your pissed!! These fat CEO pigs are FAT enough!! GRRRR!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hogcia For This Useful Post:

mhtruth (03-23-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone MYPHONEI's Avatar
    Thanks

At&t has 71 million plus

T mobile
    T-Mobile USA is the fourth-largest wireless carrier in the U.S. market with 33.73 million customers and annual revenues of US$21.35 billion in 2010.[1]
    T-Mobile USA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So At&t will have 1/3 the country at over 100 million customers

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    You guys are happy about this!? Less competition? Higher prices? I don't see it, the only people happy about this news are the current AT&T costumers who like & enjoy paying a higher phone bill! You people complaining about your bill, month after month you keep paying it with no complaints!! Go down to AT&T and Verizon headquarters and start a riot! Burn down the building! Let them know your pissed!! These fat CEO pigs are FAT enough!! GRRRR!!!
    No.. not happy as far as the competition goes that is for sure..... we need it! I hated it when they took away unlimited data.... am sure glad I am grandfathered in. Maybe just maybe AT&T will lower its prices because of the extra customers? Yeah I know we could only wish eh?

"Always remember your special and unique!"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to thetoothfairy For This Useful Post:

mhtruth (03-23-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    No $325 ETF is too high to buy out ATT plus additional month service and current bill. I asked how ATT was and got lukewarm feedback. I pay $71 per month and not complaining but since no unlock since iOS 4.0 for iPhone 4 my options were far and few. I use textnow and tango to keep my bill low.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MYPHONEI View Post
    I had Cingular when At&t bought them and the Customer service and prices changed and it was not for the better.

For some reason when Cingular bought At&t it was the other way around

they used the At&t name
    they used the At&t philosophy of service

why would they trade the At&t name, one of the oldest in the USA for Tmobile a German company?
    Don't see it, and I do not see At&t giving away service the way TMobile does.....................
    When Cingular bought at&t, they stuck with the Cingular name. People didn't like Cingular, so they changed the name to AT&T. I remember when they had the commercial of the little orange Cingular guy turning blue and them saying the new Cingular. AT&T lost all its pricing when Cingular bought them. The AT&T you see today is nothing more than Cingular under a different name. I expect nothing different this time around.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to center_99_99 For This Useful Post:

mhtruth (03-23-2011)

Thanks

If the merge happens ( I really hope it doesn't) I just can't wait to see the new commercials no more NBA stars using the mytouch no more hot chick talking bout 4g ima miss tmobile ads

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheJailbreakGenius View Post
    AT&T definitely has the wrong idea... Try spending a few billions on networks, and you might actually be the biggest.
    It's cheaper for AT&T to buy out TMobile since they already have the technology and pretty much having it working. Yes AT&T can spend that money improving their network but will end up spending more and will put the cost on us. So I see this as a smart move. Maybe we will be seeing the iPhone 4G this summer and AT&T wants to secure that hold. As you have already seen that TMobile claims that you can Face time on the network not by wifi this would open up different opportunity. The best is still to come. GO AT&T and away with Verzion.
    Last edited by XFaega; 03-20-2011 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Question for you educated folks,

At my house, AT&T gets around 4 bars and T-Mobile gets around 1. If this merge does happen, will I get better signal at home now? (I currently have T-Mobile)

Thanks

You should because your phone is pulling signal from Att towers and tmobile towers at that point

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post
    Lol @ so many people crying about this. Only people complaining and bitter about it are the cheapasses on T-Mobile. It's an awesome move that's gonna better everybody's service both on AT&T an T-Mobile, only difference being you T-Mobile users will start paying what you should be paying. Stop being cheap.
    You are a douche! Paying what you should be paying? You are really considerate towards others with tight budgets? LMAO
    Last edited by ehren88888; 03-20-2011 at 05:45 PM.

Thanks

If this merger goes through. ATT will have a larger network with hopefully better coverage. But at the end of the crappy customer service is still crappy customer service. At least under the Cingular name that acted as if they cared about who paid their bills. For the last few years since the AT&T name rebranding. They've have gone further down the tubes.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to JayWheelz For This Useful Post:

mhtruth (03-23-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have been with tmobile since arial (99), I have been grandfathered in on every plan (arial,voicestream,tmobile), just as people were grandfathered from cingular to att. I am sure that you will be able to retain your unlimited plans (which i have for 69), they are not going to start pissing off millions of customers, if not, you are not required to stay with per law. then, if you like, switch. alot of spazzing out for no reason, this will be awesome!

Banned
    Thanks

U guys don't get it.

Just cuz ATT buys tmobile doesn't mean tmobile is dissolved into ATT.

It just means that their CEO has to report to a higher board or something like that.

Thanks

check and mate

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

All I have been wondering is if they are going to unlock all phones and if T-Mobile will change their name
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

Thanks

They gettin fatter, not better!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to wolk72 For This Useful Post:

mhtruth (03-23-2011)

Thanks

AT&T first agenda is to acquire their $39 billion back! Then we'll be lucky to see competitive prices. Worst case senario is to give up mobile data all together. Wi-fi will just have to be enough. In meantime, I'll be mentallly preparing myself. I refuse to be bullied into paying redicilous fees for mobile data. This is exactly why I park my car and bus 90% of time. I vote with my wallet. While I may be just one person, I'm making a stand...

25. The Following User Says Thank You to iBwizzle For This Useful Post:

Excalabat (03-21-2011)

Thanks

Tmobile customers will get grandfathered in bcuz if att starts messing around with the plans then tmobile customers will leave n not only will att lose money with the purchase it will possible see tmobile customers go to their carrier enemy verizon or other carriers

Green Apple
    Thanks

Doesn't help me much, T-Mobile is only 2G in my area and 3G sucks for At&T and always defaults to 2G all the time on my Iphone outside AND indoors.

I thought 3G was suppost to be a stronger penetrated signal?

T-At&T will be the new logo?
    Last edited by ehren88888; 03-20-2011 at 06:06 PM.

+ Reply
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast