+ Reply
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T to Acquire T-Mobile and Become the Largest US Wireless Provider

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Mes Not looking so good for US customers. Fewer carriers means fewer choices, less competition ---- more expensive. No doubt T-Mobile customers will be lucky to keep
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Not looking so good for US customers. Fewer carriers means fewer choices, less competition ---- more expensive. No doubt T-Mobile customers will be lucky to keep their original plans --- but for how long? One thing is certain: AT&T will raise prices as quickly as they can.
    i have had my plan since the old cingular days and thats been YEARS ago.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

*logs into e-trade.com*

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xgus69 View Post
    this sucks.. now the prices go up and no more unlimited data.. **** att
    We don't know what the prices will be yet We'll have to wait and see!
    Last edited by steve-z17; 03-20-2011 at 03:22 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone romeo_herman's Avatar
    Thanks

So no need unlock iPhone to use for t-mobile in US,.......

and this is suck for t-mobile customers who have $29.99 plan --> the plan automatic change to $39.99 since 03/21/2011.....
    Last edited by romeo_herman; 03-20-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I hope the FCC and/or the Justice Department blocks this merger. With a Democrat in the White House, there is a greater chance DOJ might step in. I expect the Democrats in Congress will furiously oppose this merger, but their options are limited.

This needs to be blocked.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bdiddy619 View Post
    Your joking right? thats pretty much just happened when they aquired them buddy
    I know I was just going to write the same thing. This is fantastic news to both AT&T and T-Mobile customers, we are now going to have much better coverage on both ends.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

So the U.S only has three carriers now?
    AT&T, Verizon and Sprint ya?or am I missing someone?
    Less competition can mean higher prices so that sucks.

Can't believe we've 6 carriers on our small island

Green Apple
    Thanks

According to the AT&T website, the full effect will take place in 12 months. So I'm assuming that unlocking will be needed still for iDevices for a little while longer.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yikee View Post
    This is bad for us t-mobile customers, fees are higher and customer service is the worst. I know, I have at&t before switching. No more fun of unlocking the iphone anymore.

Unlock is still needed for a lot of people. Especially those of use that travel abroad. That was my main reason for unlocking. No roaming in other countries... I remember unlocking of phones (carrier unlock) back in 1999. Very popular in EU... And still will be... so I doubt unlock will not go away, in fact my 3gs was unlocked by t-mobile for 50 euro when i left DE...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    Will it now be AT&TMobile?

That's great x)
    And Steve Jobs said "Let there be light... and lets put that into an app also"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 835 Posts

Less choice, less competition. Eventually it will come down to two carriers. Then they can set their prices to whatever they want. Scary stuff.

Thanks

I actually like t-mo... Only problem is the coverage in the USA is lacking. Always roaming on ATT net. But... wouldn't it be great if all T-Mo customers went to CDMA (spring or Verizon)? lol... Of course if most customers are like me. Once you go GSM you wont go back!

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Less choice, less competition. Eventually it will come down to two carriers. Then they can set their prices to whatever they want. Scary stuff.
    If it turns out like it did in EU. Then yup that could be the case. However, there could be some good out of it as well. lets see what happens and I bet the FCC is keeping a close eye along with the FB.
    Last edited by kuhndsn; 03-20-2011 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    I bet the FCC is keeping a close eye along with the FB.
    I would have to agree. It would literally mean that 2 huge corporations run a significant portion of the United States' wireless market. I'll just hope my Simple Mobile plan remains the same price as well, since they are on those T-Mobile towers.

Thanks

Well if rumors hold true... Apple could launch its wireless network... Just imagine the options. The idevices would be unleashed!!! And if the cost of MME vs enterprise based clients are used as a comparison then their wireless fees would be competitive.... ""We hope""

Green Apple
    Thanks

Do any of you think that, if indeed this does happen, AT&T will bring back the unlimited data plan?

God I hope so!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have an unlocked iphone 3g using a tmobile sim card. I pay a monthly fee of 15$ to get unlimited texting and 10 cents per minute used on a phone call. Can at&t get rid of this or am i allowed to keep it if they make the change?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 808 Posts

^if your not under contract thell be changing it i almost guarentee that lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by farahm2 View Post
    Do any of you think that, if indeed this does happen, AT&T will bring back the unlimited data plan?

God I hope so!
    It did happen.... Not sure about the latter but i doubt it. Especially since they (att) finally went to no unlimited on their dsl as well. I believe they were one of the last to do so.... I think bandwidth is no longer going to be a free for all. (plus if you look at the lobbyist for the movie and music industry they are both begging for it to keep pirate's at bay). Then you have netflix and such not wanting bandwidth limits...hmmmm push and pull.. But, Ill bet the bandwidth limit will remain. at least until the next big tech break through...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mm8 View Post
    wow, did not see this coming, question is will the FCC allow this merger ? if it does get ready for your tmobile bill to jump by about 25% to 50% if not higher......goodbye unlock

last time i heard there were few millions iphones on tmobile network, i wonder if ATT will allow iphones from tmobile with the same plan AND jailbroken and unlocked...i am guessing since now there is a new "sheriff" in town they wont

i was with att on the phone about 2 months ago for at least 3 to 4 hours telling them i am with tmobile and i want to sign up with them so i get 3G instead of EDGE.....i did not get anywhere.... i told them i am paying $140 for unlimited EVERYTHING for 2 lines...and i wanted att to match it....i was even going to sign a 2 year contact with the iphone is ALREADY owned, they did not have to subsidize, they said we understand what you want us to do but we are not going to do it no matter what...they said they rather lose $140 a month and a customer....then they literally said go to verizon...

What T-MOBILE PLAN are you on ???
    2 phones unlimited everything for $140 is damn good . I have 1 phone on T-MOBILE unlimited everything including DATA & I PAY
    $101.69 .

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't see anyone benefiting should AT&T raise T-Mobile prices...
    Last edited by Bluprint; 03-20-2011 at 03:59 PM.