Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T to Acquire T-Mobile and Become the Largest US Wireless Provider

Quote Originally Posted by mhtruth View Post
    there goes gsm carrier options and fair prices out the window. I guess ill go to sprint now. At&t is the worst customer service and price wise.
    Actually, AT&T Has the Best Customer Service out of all the wireless providers (look it up), if this doesn't shock you, and price wise you might as well be paying for verizon, they aren't that bad.

soo can i take my tmobile sim card and put it into my iphone 4... and have service?

wow, did not see this coming, question is will the FCC allow this merger ? if it does get ready for your tmobile bill to jump by about 25% to 50% if not higher......goodbye unlock

last time i heard there were few millions iphones on tmobile network, i wonder if ATT will allow iphones from tmobile with the same plan AND jailbroken and unlocked...i am guessing since now there is a new "sheriff" in town they wont

i was with att on the phone about 2 months ago for at least 3 to 4 hours telling them i am with tmobile and i want to sign up with them so i get 3G instead of EDGE.....i did not get anywhere.... i told them i am paying $140 for unlimited EVERYTHING for 2 lines...and i wanted att to match it....i was even going to sign a 2 year contact with the iphone is ALREADY owned, they did not have to subsidize, they said we understand what you want us to do but we are not going to do it no matter what...they said they rather lose $140 a month and a customer....then they literally said go to verizon...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

this sucks.. now the prices go up and no more unlimited data.. **** att

Quote Originally Posted by steelersfan32 View Post
    A very out of the box way to kill iPhone unlocking; good job AT&T.
    Really don't think there spending 39 billion to stop iPhone jailbreaks an unlocks lol

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    So I guess there won't be a T-Mobile iPhone
    There most likely will be cause 3 g an 4 g not on same band is ATT
    Last edited by aabdullah1979; 03-20-2011 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

That's crazy!

iPhone? More like MyPhone bigorangekitty's Avatar
    Thanks

eventually, everyone comes to the darkside of the force.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Maybe this will end those commercials that T-mobile copied from Apple.

one more thing....just last week att announced is going to send you an email if you are tethering and automatically add $20 to your bill...i highly doubt they will let tmobile unlimited data plans grandfather...

Quote Originally Posted by TheJailbreakGenius View Post
    AT&T definitely has the wrong idea... Try spending a few billions on networks, and you might actually be the biggest.
    You realize that them buying T-Mobile also gives them all of their towers, greatly increasing their signal strength and speed all across the country greatly surpassing Verizon. You realize that right?

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    I'm furious...unlimited internet for $5 a month, free tethering, world-class customer service...all gone
    Let's just hope some of these things get incorporated, rather than just having a giant AT&T with the same old hobblenosh.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDirtyDiddler For This Useful Post:

MooMoo92 (03-21-2011)

Hope this means free mobile to mobile with tmobile customers, I left tmobile for att and couldn't be happier but the rest of my fam stayed with tmobile.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

I look at it like this:

More coverage, more network, more 4G. I think this is a great idea and it will probably help the rollout of 4G to speed up tremendously. So i dont understand what with all the whining.

If anything T-Mobile will KEEP their existing plans or have no ETF to leave so dont complain. Until more information is given i would stay optimistic. When ATT took over Cingular i was allowed to keep my plan.

All in all this is a great thing and i look forward to seeing what unfolds.

" All in all this is a great thing and i look forward to seeing what unfolds." do you have stock in ATT ?

the reason im on t-mobile because i left att now im going to att thats BS

Wow what a shock. I been with T-mobile since they were Voicestream. I love my plan and I hope I'm grandfathered into it...

iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mm8 View Post
    " All in all this is a great thing and i look forward to seeing what unfolds." do you have stock in ATT ?
    no i do not. I should though
    I have been with them forever (not counting when i was on cingular) and have had no issues at all.

I'm an Att customer and I can't wait for this. Also all you tmobile customers will get a 3G signal once this goes down!! Edge is trash so I'd be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by mm8 View Post
    Lol if he doesn't he should buy

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Not looking so good for US customers. Fewer carriers means fewer choices, less competition ---- more expensive. No doubt T-Mobile customers will be lucky to keep their original plans --- but for how long? One thing is certain: AT&T will raise prices as quickly as they can.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast