+ Reply
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T to Acquire T-Mobile and Become the Largest US Wireless Provider

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by squassss lmao... they are spending billions on their network. 39 billion to be exact. Adding T-mo to their network will only make ATT's network stronger. Plus when
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Gr0undBreak1ng's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by squassss View Post
    lmao... they are spending billions on their network. 39 billion to be exact. Adding T-mo to their network will only make ATT's network stronger.
    Plus when they spent a billion on the whole 3G expansion!
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    lol. Spending $39B and creating absolutely nothing. What a waste of money.

At least when Apple spends their money they create a whole new user experience surrounded by new and innovative products.
    lol seriously. After the ipad 2 launch you are seriously going to say this? Which part was "whole new" and "innovative" about the ipad 2? The cameras that every tab out there has? The dual core that everyone has? Or is it the state-of-the-art dongle they force users to use for HDMI output? 39 billion will allow the company to expand the coverage AND increase the quality of service and that is just the benefits to the consumer. This is a win win situation.

Please refrain from opening your mouth if you can't read about something in full before spouting negative propaganda.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^Did you READ my comments? I think not! They were directed at AT&T! AT&T is spending $39B and creating nothing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by esizzle777 View Post
    Hope this means free mobile to mobile with tmobile customers, I left tmobile for att and couldn't be happier but the rest of my fam stayed with tmobile.
    Aren't you aware of the AT&T plan that if you're on a Family Talk Plan 700mins and $30 unlimited text, you can add the unlimited Mobile-to-Mobile on any carrier in the US at no additional cost. Simply put, your 700 airtime minutes will only be deducted when calling a landline phone. That's is if you're on that plan I mentioned above.

Thanks

Very stupid of AT&T.
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

Green Apple
    Thanks

^Did you READ my comments? I think not! They were directed at AT&T! AT&T is spending $39B and creating nothing.
    ATT is spending 39 billion and improving their network coverage and quality. That is creating something. Try again.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

I wonder what will happen with the T-Mobile 3G towers if this goes through? Will they change them to AT&T's frequency or keep the AWS on the T-Mobile's towers? For me I can roam on T-Mobile's 3G but when roaming on AT&T I get EDGE so I am curious how that's going to work out.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^Creating ZERO, nothing new. Plain and simple.

Thanks

^Creating ZERO, nothing new. Plain and simple.
    Agreed.
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

Green Apple
    Thanks

Rather than playing the role of a three year old. Please explain how this is not creating something. Explain how this does not improve...

1. Coverage
    2. Quality
    3. Speed of availability of an LTE network that will reach 95% penetration.

Please explain this instead of just spouting your "nuh uh" mentality.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^That ALREADY exists now! A little programing change and it could be used now!

Nothing New!! Plain and simple.

Thanks

They need new products. Coverage is really nothing new except gain of area.
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

Green Apple
    Thanks

^That ALREADY exists now! A little programing change and it could be used now!

Nothing New!! Plain and simple.
    Please explain more than just a "simple programming change". There is a lot more that goes into a buyout/merger than just simple "programming changes"

Thanks

Please explain more than just a "simple programming change". There is a lot more that goes into a buyout/merger than just simple "programming changes"
    What do you exactly mean?
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

99% is marketing, lawyers, corporate mumbo-jumbo, government regulations, advertising, merging databases, billing systems, etc. T-Mobile/AT&T already roam on each others networks ... so the engineering change is minimal.

Nothing new. No new towers, no new coverage (where coverage did not exist before), no increased speed, no new features. Nothing new.

$39B to buy out something that already exists. What a waste of money.

Thanks

True. That corporate mumbo-jumbo is AT%T caring about stock and profits not the best coverage and quality. Although they did do a major billion dollar 3G expansion with Qualcomm in order to improve 3G speed and coverage.
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

Green Apple
    Thanks

Obviously the spectrums will need to be matched up but there is a lot that goes into these changes. ATT is already working on hardward upgrades in more rural areas as it is. The companies are not mutually exclusive just because they are both GSM. Yes there is programming changes that have to be made but many are far from simple. Not all companies use the same software or even the same hardware. Optimization and stardardization will need to play a major role. Finding out what hardware and software benefits both companies networks the best. Companies use hundreds if not thousands of internal applications just to see a product from A-Z. If both companies have their own cultures and standards these have to be optimized and standardized to maximize growth while incurring minimal costs over time. It's not just a matter of updating a piece of code to communicate cross platform.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^^That corporate mumbo-jumbo is AT&T worrying about their corporate planes, private yachts, beach front properties, million dollar salaries, and multi-million dollar bonuses!!

This does not help the consumer. No additional anything.

If fact, consumer choices are reduced.

Green Apple
    Thanks

99% is marketing, lawyers, corporate mumbo-jumbo, government regulations, advertising, merging databases, billing systems, etc. T-Mobile/AT&T already roam on each others networks ... so the engineering change is minimal.

Nothing new. No new towers, no new coverage (where coverage did not exist before), no increased speed, no new features. Nothing new.

$39B to buy out something that already exists. What a waste of money.
    This is by far one of the weakest arguments I've heard thus far. Spending 39 billion to secure over 40% of the market share and increase coverage and quality without incurring costs for hardware updates is a smart business move. Unlike sprint who wanted to spend billions to take on a network that would have required massive hardware, software, and infrastructure changes. I'd rather see AT&T help T-Mo grow than see Sprint take them down a notch.

^^That corporate mumbo-jumbo is AT&T worrying about their corporate planes, private yachts, beach front properties, million dollar salaries, and multi-million dollar bonuses!!

This does not help the consumer. No additional anything.

If fact, consumer choices are reduced.
    How do you figure corporate "mumbo jumbo". What are you 13 years old and have no concept of business? Behind each company is 10's of thousands of employees who bust their asses to make sure you have broadband service that allows you to troll forums with uneducated retorts that make no sense. A-Z cost money.. deal with it.
    Last edited by squassss; 03-21-2011 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^You don't know business very well. Retired VP Manager here.

This is nothing new. Grow by acquisition, or grow internally.

Growth by acquisition creates nothing new. Rebranding, elimination of duplication jobs, less choices.

Plain and simple. Nothing new.