+ Reply
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T to Acquire T-Mobile and Become the Largest US Wireless Provider

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Holy Cellphones ! WTF is happening to America ? Personally, I can live with bad customer service. All you have to do is know that they are asses and that
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Holy Cellphones !

WTF is happening to America ?
    Personally, I can live with bad customer service. All you have to do is know that they are asses and that you will achieve more by looking online than by calling att.
    However my unlimited internet, even if it is EDGE, manages to let me listen to internet radio however long I want without having the cellphone company poking their noses in business that isn't theirs. (Hint to att, FINE, charge your customers out the rear for service. But just give the option to an unlimited plan, take the money and don't give a shhh what they do with what they paid for.)

Sigh. Whoever thinks this is good is on att (since their service is crap and this would apparently give them all the goodness of T-Mobile. If not then att wouldn't be interested in buying it). Sure, T-Mobile will get better network reception ... but at such an extreme cost? I'd rather keep hanging upside down on the balcony to get signal.

I for one am keeping my custom T-Mobile logo on my phone. REFUSE to have att ****** letters ANYWHERE on my screen.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I think AT&T is only doing this to try and regain control of the iPhone drama... I mean now that verizon also sells the iPhone there loosing sells and customers... And since there's a lot and I mean a lot of unlocked iPhones out there running under t-mobile wouldn't this be a good way to get control of the situation once more?? I mean my thought but I know I could be so wrong...

Either way if this helps at&t push out a 4G, LTE network then better for us AT&T customers right?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    its shocking news i heard it by my colleague now i am seeing it

Thanks

So I guess unlocks in the US will be pretty much useless soon.

I wonder if they will keep T-Mobile as a seperate service and just share networks or do away with the name all together and roll it all together...

I didn't read the official ATT announcement so no flamin' if that question is already answered in there
    @hvywheel

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evchau View Post
    Many of you say "better speed, bigger network, bigger coverage" WRONG!!!! ATT will charge you once they see you using the Iphone. ATT will cut off or decommission T-Mobile Towers, and custmer service will go down hill because the competition from T-Mobile will be gone! (I had seen it happen when they acquired ATT from Cingular, Cingular kept the name ATT cause not many people knew Cingular), so history will just repeat itself, except that we---(the general public), will be screwed coming and going!

Someone should tell the FCC that this merger is NOT serving the well-being of the public, it is filling the money coffers of AT&T at our expense~~~~~
    Att sold their wireless decision to Cingular and then bought it back. I kept my cell phone plan through the entire ordeal. They will make the billions back in half of a year.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Tmobile customers will get grandfathered in bcuz if att starts messing around with the plans then tmobile customers will leave n not only will att lose money with the purchase it will possible see tmobile customers go to their carrier enemy verizon or other carriers
    Everyone gets grandfathered in, ya noon

Thanks
    Thanked 5,467 Times in 2,703 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Att sold their wireless decision to Cingular and then bought it back. I kept my cell phone plan through the entire ordeal. They will make the billions back in half of a year.
    really?
    verizon is any better?
    are u 4real?

Green Apple
    Thanks

WOW, what huge news! Didn't see this coming.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    We will still need unlocks if this is allowed to go through. Everybody forget about the CDMA Iphone?? Just means dev team will be able to focus on it that much more.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MYPHONEI's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Tmobile customers will get grandfathered in bcuz if att starts messing around with the plans then tmobile customers will leave n not only will att lose money with the purchase it will possible see tmobile customers go to their carrier enemy verizon or other carriers
    Yes and no, the Grandfathering of old Cingular plans and old At&t plans before Cingular bought At&t have been discontinued just this month.

Tmobile plans may or may not all be Grandfathered, exspecially the ones that mimic At&t or arereal close.

So I would say some may but the $10 and 5.99 Data plans you can forget it.

I once read that Texting costs the Carries about nothing, its like 0.00001 Cent that its already part of the system so they make just about pure profit from that.

How much does Data truly cost At&t and Verizon?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cranie View Post
    We are the Borg. You will be assimilated- AT&T
    LOL that's funny.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this definitely took me by surprise, cant wait for tha iPad 4g

and i wonder if att is goin for the jugular with this one, they buy tmobile becoming the largest us carrier.

Their next move should be to match sprints unlimited plan, and change their slogan to "who does it better?" lmao

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow. But T-mobile network isn't very good.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    Will it now be AT&TMobile?
    AT&T(mo) or ATT(mo) or AT&Tmo
    lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottw03's Avatar
    Thanks

Does this mean that AT&T will finally get to have more color on the map of the USA for 3G or faster coverage over Verizon?

Because I would love for the Verizon guys to finally have to eat their own words.

However, with that said, I was probably going to jump ship with AT&T when my contact was done and get a 3G (or whatever G) iPad 3, 4, or 5 with data plan and a dump phone. I hate talking on the phone so a iPad would be better for me. I could "forget" my dumbphone at home........ a lot!!!!!!!

sh!t, might now even get a dumbphone and stick with free texting, skype and whatever else they come out with for the iPad later.

Green Apple
    Thanks

AT&T = Everyone can hear us!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sfarijo View Post
    AT&T = Everyone can hear us!
    Don't count on that...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Gr0undBreak1ng's Avatar
    Thanks

very shocking AT&TMobile gsm to gs,

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheJailbreakGenius View Post
    AT&T definitely has the wrong idea... Try spending a few billions on networks, and you might actually be the biggest.
    lmao... they are spending billions on their network. 39 billion to be exact. Adding T-mo to their network will only make ATT's network stronger.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by squassss View Post
    lmao... they are spending billions on their network. 39 billion to be exact. Adding T-mo to their network will only make ATT's network stronger.
    lol. Spending $39B and creating absolutely nothing. What a waste of money.

At least when Apple spends their money they create a whole new user experience surrounded by new and innovative products.