+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Some Users Reporting Poor Battery Life After Upgrading to iOS 4.3

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by jsweeney800 I can't recommend an iPhone anymore (or any iOS device). Apple is going down hill. Get webOS. That's the future (or Android). I work for Att
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jsweeney800 View Post
    I can't recommend an iPhone anymore (or any iOS device). Apple is going down hill. Get webOS. That's the future (or Android).
    I work for Att and I agree android is the future of the smart phone. I also own a 3GS and iphone4 (which influenced me into buying a $2000 mbp). I don't know if I could give them up for an android. The iphone os seems to be more stable and user friendly then android plus way more apps then android. I do think and hope that time can change this so we have a better selection of smart phones in the future. That Atrix seems to be a good start towards the future but I still think android needs more time to catch apples technology and marketing schemes.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IXAdamOwnzXI View Post
    You're such a disrespectful idiot. That wouldn't be so far fetched. Just look at iOS4 and the iPhone 3G. The 3G could have been usable on ios4 but Apple wanted to Fu.ck 3G users. Also Apple restricts us from overclocking OUR devices. If overclocked the 3G could EASILY Rrun like a 3GS but Apple is Jewish and doesn't want to lose money
    Wow...Your post started with "disrespectful idiot" and ended with "Apple is Jewish".

I'm sure if you use just a bit of critical thinking, you could come to other conclusions on why Apple won't let us overclock. Intel locks their processors (I know they have unlocked ones, but I'm talking consumer retail OEM - HP, Dell, etc) they must be Jewish as well....

Everyone who overclocks knows they need to add additional cooling. Where do you suppose you would add the cooling on an overclocked iPhone?

Battery problems are most likely caused by people who are running exchange. The connection isn't handled properly and stays open, so if you notice your battery draining unusually, check to see if your phone is constantly transmitting data.
    This has been a bug since 3.0 days, and requires you to delete and recreate your Exchange accounts.

You're the disrespectful idiot.
    Last edited by nimavafi; 03-18-2011 at 01:48 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hahaha. I was never impressed with the 4.3 update. Also, the FaceTime icon looks bad too.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes!! Ive had such a bad battery life after updateing yesterday!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mvhurlburt View Post
    Ergh!!! There is a JB for 4.3 using custom pwnage bundles/sn0wbreeze beta + tethered boot and has been doable ever since the beta releases. Yes it's semi-tethered but for me it was definitely worth the sacrifice for the new features. I'm really really loving the built-in hotspot amongst other things. As far as MobileSubstrate goes I would guess it to be 95% compatible. Perhaps it has been upgraded but IDK. As of this posting most extensions work, the really annoying MS incompatibility however, is backgrounder. Also @i0n1c appears to be readying an untether to be used in conjunction with the limera1n exploit. I believe he has just a little bit of kernel patching left to do so everything plays nice together... Now if he would just release antid0te!!!! Also, while I'm not sure, I think comex's new JB is untethered as my guess is that it occurs in userspace and will rely on kernel modifications but I don't really know. I can say this however; with iPhone dev, cdev, comex, i0n1c, pod2g, maybe... Just maybe geohot(though I doubt it given his ongoing legal issues) and other great hackers in the picture it's just a matter of time before we see an untether. Hell, the ETA that i0n1c gave for the untether was before this weekend(though it has been changed to before next year!) but it's hard to tell with that guy as antidote was supposed to drop months ago...
    i know this...
    i would rather have Untethered

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iFrosty View Post
    i know this...
    i would rather have Untethered
    There's no point arguing with "them."
    They are incapable of understanding why we might not want to worry about having to run to a laptop and re-JB/install every Cydia app every time we restart our phone.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Battery Drainage
    Quote Originally Posted by snax83 View Post
    I had this issue for a couple of days after upgrading but then found some steps online that helped combat this and now it is back to how it was pre 4.3

Try the steps below in order until it gets back to normal, it is not necessary to do all of them unless the previous step hasn't worked...

1. Reset phone by holding down the sleep/wake button along with the home button until the Apple logo re-appears
    2. Turn on a restriction on 'ping' in settings (it's rubbish and not needed)
    3. Delete and then re-add any exchange email accounts
    4. Close all open/recent apps in the multi-tasking bar
    5. Restore the phone using iTunes

The bug is not necessarily to with the software but it's a glitch happening during the upgrade process as it has happened on virtually every single software update.

Hope this helps
    These options are not viable for most of us who have jailbroken their iphones.

I called ATT and they recommended doing a reset on my iphone. NEVER AGAIN. It took me quite a bit of time to redo my screens and applications the way I had them...and it made no difference.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Bluetooth
    Someone needs to look in to the Bluetooth problems if you look IOS 4.3 Bluetooth don't work to well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley John Wright View Post

Some users are experiencing extremely poor battery life after upgrading their iDevices to iOS 4.3. This update is brings with it a host of new features and enhancements to existing ones, but unfortunately battery life seems to have taken a drastic hit in the process. Some users are seeing their battery life drop as much as 20% after installing the update.

iOS 4.3 includes such new features as an updated version of AirPlay, which allows more apps to stream content directly to the Apple TV, Safari now uses the Nitro JavaScript engine for faster webpage rendering, and the iPhone 4 can now be used as a personal Wi-Fi hotspot, among other iOS improvements as well.

It's currently unclear if these battery problems are the result of a bug in the operating system or caused by some other issue. It's possible that Safari may be using too much power now that it's using the new Nitro JavaScript engine. Another possibility may lie with Apple's latest Ping notification system, which runs continuously in the background.

Apple discussion forums have well over 200 users reporting similar problems with poor battery performance. One possible solution to improve battery life is to disable all push notifications to the iPhone. It's unfortunate that users may have to disable certain features on their iPhones in order to improve battery life.

Apple recently released a security update for the desktop version of Safari. The mobile version of Safari is also expected to see the same security update in the near future. Hopefully, Apple will be able to address the latest battery woes that many users are now experiencing with the next iOS update. Personally, I have to charge my iPhone every night as it is, so any improvement in battery life would be very welcome.

Source: Apple

Green Apple
    Thanks

Jesus, I had a full charged phone this morning, listened to about 30 minutes of streaming radio, 2 or 3 hours of Ipod music, NO PHONE CALLING and all thru 3G and I was down to 24% tonight. UGHHHHHHHH

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123