+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Some Users Reporting Poor Battery Life After Upgrading to iOS 4.3

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by sphangman check your tin foil hat, it seems to be cutting of the circulation a little bit. They didn't bother making iOS 4 run smoothly on the
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sphangman View Post
    check your tin foil hat, it seems to be cutting of the circulation a little bit.
    They didn't bother making iOS 4 run smoothly on the 3G when they very easily could have.
    This is a clear indicator that iOS 5 won't be on 3GS

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    They didn't bother making iOS 4 run smoothly on the 3G when they very easily could have.
    This is a clear indicator that iOS 5 won't be on 3GS
    But doesn't the 3GS have a similar speed processor to the 4? I thought the 3G had problems simply due to processor speed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone General Klinger's Avatar
    Thanks

I haven't even upgraded to 4.3 yet, and now in recent days I am getting a pretty drastic drop in life. I haven't been doing anything different and it's dropping much faster than normal.

I usually close my programs in multi-tasking that I don't need.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I had 100 3 hours ago... Im I'm school barily using it. Wtf apple...

iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trouphaz View Post
    But doesn't the 3GS have a similar speed processor to the 4? I thought the 3G had problems simply due to processor speed.
    yes it did

I jailbroke my 3g (A LONG time ago ) and put multitasking on and wallpaper on (via redsn0w ; not a tweak)
    it was pretty bad after having two apps running in the background.

Now one could argue that they didn't take any time to make the 3g have the ability to multitask, but they were quite right about it not "having a good enough processor/hardware".

i REALLY want to update my iphone to ios 4.3 just to test it but losing my jailbreak would drive me nuts.

On the bright side, my ipad 2 has no battery drain issues on 4.3. Maybe its just an iphone issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoredrummer1996 View Post
    I had 100 3 hours ago... Im I'm school barily using it. Wtf apple...
    So did i...

thats NORMAL!

how much did you lose since then?
    Last edited by iFrosty; 03-18-2011 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iFrosty View Post

i REALLY want to update my iphone to ios 4.3 just to test it but losing my jailbreak would drive me nuts.
    Ergh!!! There is a JB for 4.3 using custom pwnage bundles/sn0wbreeze beta + tethered boot and has been doable ever since the beta releases. Yes it's semi-tethered but for me it was definitely worth the sacrifice for the new features. I'm really really loving the built-in hotspot amongst other things. As far as MobileSubstrate goes I would guess it to be 95% compatible. Perhaps it has been upgraded but IDK. As of this posting most extensions work, the really annoying MS incompatibility however, is backgrounder. Also @i0n1c appears to be readying an untether to be used in conjunction with the limera1n exploit. I believe he has just a little bit of kernel patching left to do so everything plays nice together... Now if he would just release antid0te!!!! Also, while I'm not sure, I think comex's new JB is untethered as my guess is that it occurs in userspace and will rely on kernel modifications but I don't really know. I can say this however; with iPhone dev, cdev, comex, i0n1c, pod2g, maybe... Just maybe geohot(though I doubt it given his ongoing legal issues) and other great hackers in the picture it's just a matter of time before we see an untether. Hell, the ETA that i0n1c gave for the untether was before this weekend(though it has been changed to before next year!) but it's hard to tell with that guy as antidote was supposed to drop months ago...

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sphangman View Post
    check your tin foil hat, it seems to be cutting of the circulation a little bit.
    You're such a disrespectful idiot. That wouldn't be so far fetched. Just look at iOS4 and the iPhone 3G. The 3G could have been usable on ios4 but Apple wanted to Fu.ck 3G users. Also Apple restricts us from overclocking OUR devices. If overclocked the 3G could EASILY Rrun like a 3GS but Apple is Jewish and doesn't want to lose money

Thanks

Sorry, but Apple does a better job at adding features than the jailbreak community. I upgraded to 4.3 because of Home Sharing. It's nice to have things all in one player and not have to install anything else on my computer. I don't intend to ever jailbreak again. It's a pain in the *** and it's just not as stable as it should be anymore.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ramicio For This Useful Post:

mhtruth (03-18-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

Well you can't always have it perfect damn it.

Thanks

@ramicio I will agree with you the day Apples iOS gives me all of this:
    - Auto Silent
    - CameraButtons
    - ChatPic
    - Cyntact
    - Firewall IP
    - FolderEnhancer
    - iFile
    - Inspell
    - Notifier+
    - PkgBackup
    - Popup Blocker
    - PowerUp
    - ScreenDimmer
    - SIGnify
    - SleepFX
    - StartDial
    - Status Namer
    - Switchboard
    - WearherIcon

Until then, my iPhone is a lot more functional with the above installed.

Banned
    Thanks

^^^ what he said. The best Apple can do is steal Jailbreak Devs ideas and improve them. Or make them crap (folders for example)

Thanks

Oh god! People are always reporting battery issues after every firmware update. Nothing new here.
    Apples taste good. PwnApples taste better!

Thanks

And a lot more slow and unstable...

Think of all that Apple has to deal with to make it all stable, and protect their profits. If they made something as unstable as what jailbreak stuff does to phones they would go out of business. Sorry, but when I can't even scroll through the list of installed items in Cydia without it totally crashing it makes my phone unusable. Apple also has to limit features because there are retards with old hardware that want new features that come with new hardware releases and then complain that their hardware is choked by the new features. But they should also be allowed to revert back to the last stable OS. That's one thing that totally pisses me off about Apple. A lot of iDevices get used for business, and if a business upgrades and their device gets rendered useless by new incompatibilities then they are screwed.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trouphaz View Post
    The iPhone and iPhone 3G have a 620 MHz CPU (underclocked to 412)
    The iPhone 3GS has a 833 MHz ARM-8 CPU (underclocked to 600)
    The iPhone 4 has a 1 GHz ARM-8 (underclocked to 800)

The 3G had problems in functions that previously worked fine. Email, Browsing, SMS and general UI slowness. I can understand new apps being slower on a 2G/3G but things that worked well before iOS 4 became "magically" slow and sluggish once people updated.

Banned
    Thanks

^^^^ my point exactly. If overclocked, the iPhone 3G could have the processing speed of a stock 3GS. But that would make people not buy the latest device. Typical Apple business bull.****

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IXAdamOwnzXI View Post
    ^^^^ my point exactly. If overclocked, the iPhone 3G could have the processing speed of a stock 3GS. But that would make people not buy the latest device. Typical Apple business bull.****
    Not even overclocked, just natively clocked.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Dear Apple Customers,

This is not a software problem. You are clearly holding your phone wrong. Again!

Sincerely,

Apple

Apple barfs up another iOS update. What a shocker! This is why you don't update right away. Let the guinea pigs uncover the problems first....wait for the fix (which will take a while knowing Apple)....and then maybe update.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Dear Apple Customers,

This is not a software problem. You are clearly holding your phone wrong. Again!

Sincerely,

Apple

Apple barfs up another iOS update. What a shocker! This is why you don't update right away. Let the guinea pigs uncover the problems first....wait for the fix (which will take a while knowing Apple)....and then maybe update.
    Maybe the a new clock app that actually can tell the correct time is draining the battery

Green Apple
    Thanks

I can't recommend an iPhone anymore (or any iOS device). Apple is going down hill. Get webOS. That's the future (or Android).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ive notice that too. My batterie drains alot more than before.