Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Cracking Down on MyWi Tethering?

4.3 has a tethered JB out, not untethered...move along..

Roscoe my beautiful blue pittie puppy

Thanks

lets look at the usage to compare the differences. So anyone who got the text or email please post your data usage

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ca3 For This Useful Post:

Doran (03-17-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by i3urger View Post
    F*** this S***. First its apple and jailbreaking...Sony VS geohot...n now AT&T VS People. Alot has happened in a few short years. We (people) have to up our game to keep OUR things the way we like it.
    FAIL.

Apple did not sue any jailbreakers. Neither did AT&T.

Very different than Sony vs. geohot.

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    I think 10GB and under is safe to assume will be ok. But anything above might not be, maybe 15 even. Unless anybody has gotten the message and used less or around that amount?

Because many people I talked to today say they use 20+ and personally I max about 5.
    I'm at 18g right now. The red flag might be at 15g.

Im a happy verizon user , but if they change your bill, legally you have the right to immediately cancel your plan (contract or not) for free. If they were to ever change my plan, to be honest they would see me in court. Thats complete bs.

wow that's wack I use mywi to play ps3 online and even hook up my tv and laptops speeds are great for the ps3 no lagging or nothing I'm on 4.1 il never update then I'm good

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

This would suck because I'm waiting for the 4.3 jailbreak so I can use MiWi.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

From what I understand, if AT&T just sniffs some packets, they can tell what browser you're using to surf the web...so if you're using either your laptop browser or Safari on the iPad, they can tell...I guess if you don't use a web browser or if you fake your UA, it'll be okay...but who wants to browse mobile versions of websites on their ipad or laptop.

BTW, this sucks since I just got MyWi to use on my wifi only ipad...=(...I'll use it til I get the message I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by MrObatres View Post
    wow that's wack I use mywi to play ps3 online and even hook up my tv and laptops speeds are great for the ps3 no lagging or nothing I'm on 4.1 il never update then I'm good
    You're kidding right? LOL!
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

Well this sucks.. *shrugs*

iPhone? More like MyPhone Doran's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 0_Maximus_0 View Post
    Im a happy verizon user , but if they change your bill, legally you have the right to immediately cancel your plan (contract or not) for free. If they were to ever change my plan, to be honest they would see me in court. Thats complete bs.
    I read somewhere on here that Verizon has some fine print involving their "Unlimited" plan. I believe it said that if you continually use more than 5gigs a month they can terminate your service.... Might want to check into that and clear up any mistakes that I might have read...

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking about this, my internet provider just turned off my internet because I forgot to pay it, so you know what Im using now. I will make my payment tomorrow
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Okay so here are my 2cents. I am on 4.0.1, using mywi since july of 2010 when the jb for 4.0 came out. A few facts i wanna get out of the way. Being grandfathered into an unlimited plan means there is no data cap. You are allowed to use the data as much as you want. I suppose the problem is that ATT never imagined that people could use tethering when the unlimited data plan was created. Now they are up on it and are seeing high amounts of data, data that if u were not in an unlimited plan they would make a killing off you. I use the living **** of my mywi it just so happens i have a great connection where i am (always a solid 2-3megs/sec) I use anywhere from 50-70 gigs a month. so far i have not been texted or emailed. BUT even if i will be. here is the thing. for starters APPLE has an app called Downloads. this app allows u to download internet content onto ur phone. So if u want u can pretty much download anything u want via that app. So if u are LEGALLY lets say downloading a lot via the downloads app, WHAT CAN ATT do? its perfectly legal. There cannot possibly be a way for them to actually know that u are tethering. They are just trying to get people to switch to the limited data plan and make money cause they assume once u switch ur usage will remain the same. To anyone who recieved this letter, tell them u are not tethering, and u want to know how they came to this conclusion, u are downloading internet content VIA legal iphone app called DOWNLOADS. done deal.
    iPhone 4 life b*tch

Everyone should just tell them that you stream radio or something. that uses a lot of data and don't have the need to tether, and they will leave it the same because their is no way for them to know what app you use the most data in.

@ the orioles33 I use my Xbox 360 but I can't get a full connection can you

They try this with me and I will spend all day on the phone until they fix it. They probably have a note that I'm a troublemaker on my account. I'll do it!

Quote Originally Posted by JAYPIFF View Post
    Live under a rock? 4.3 is out -.-
    U must be dumb, u have to be jailbroken in order to have mywi.

I used to use MyWi for Xbox live when I wanted to stream my multiplayergaming on JTV.

oh no not kidding why ow that funny?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    debo19832003,

You want to know why your tether is slow. From my experience a USB tether is slow and only does 1mb over the USB regardless what the cell tower connection is. I use PDANet. I connect to the hotspot at 54mb which is standard wireless G speed. Testing my laptop through dslreports gives me 2.7mb!

Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast