Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Alleged iPhone 5 Cases Suggest Great Similarity to iPhone 4

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Alleged iPhone 5 Cases Suggest Great Similarity to iPhone 4

Alibaba is showing off in its listings what's rumored to be images of new iPhone 5 cases.

Although there's obviously no confirmation of such "legitimacy," the images at least appear to corroborate what we've been hearing for some time about the purported design of the forthcoming iPhone 5. Specifically, the changes between the most recent generations of the Apple handset won't be drastically different.

Last week, Wiley discussed the new engineering images that supposedly show the iPhone 5 with an edge-to-edge screen. As Wiley concluded, if these images do prove to be genuine then the iPhone 5 may not see a significant change in case design. The new images from Alibaba, which has a fairly decent track record of leaking accurate case images, suggest that widespread suspicions about the iPhone 5 may be correct. That is, the forthcoming iPhone refresh will bear a striking external resemblance to the iPhone 4, with the exception of a larger display and edge-to-edge glass.

Per Apple's annual summer tradition, the iPhone 5 is expected to be unveiled this June.

Source: Alibaba

Those cases look hideous but the iPhone 4 design has grown on me quite a bit since I got it last July. I rather like the front and back glass panels. Plus the shape lends itself better for taking pictures, videos, and facetime chat.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Such BS rumors. I am not believing anything till its announced. Cuz who knows, half the rumors for the iPad 2 were not true, and i agree ^^^ yuck

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

The design of the iPhone 4 (appearance-wise) is great. But the materials could be a little better. Glass on 2 sides is a little harsh. But a bigger screen on generally the same phone is not a bad thing in my opinion.

On a side note, these are the first cases I've ever seen that took the sim tray into consideration. Although I think that opening is actually a bad idea.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Why is everyone (writers on this site) assuming the phone will be called the iPhone 5? iPhone 4G or iPhone 4s or something seems more likely than 5. If these cases are any indication it seems to me, in my humble opinion, that it's just a small update. Okay, maybe a dual core processor isn't insignificant, but the design of the phone doesn't look to have changed much.

Just my opinion, a pet peeve on people assuming things as fact when they could just as easily say "Next iPhone".

Had to get that off my chest, sorry people.

Quote Originally Posted by AfterMercyFM View Post
    Why is everyone (writers on this site) assuming the phone will be called the iPhone 5? iPhone 4G or iPhone 4s or something seems more likely than 5.
    I agree with this. Bump in speed, more storage, change an antenna design or two...

Maybe they are referring to it as the iPhone 5 because (gasp) it's the 5th iPhone. Calling it 4G would make no sense at all considering it is almost assuredly *not* a 4G phone, and that would lead to consumer confusion (not that AT&T calling their HSPA+ network 4G is any better...). The 4s name has a chance, but I wouldn't bank on it.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trademark.designs View Post
    Maybe they are referring to it as the iPhone 5 because (gasp) it's the 5th iPhone. Calling it 4G would make no sense at all considering it is almost assuredly *not* a 4G phone, and that would lead to consumer confusion (not that AT&T calling their HSPA+ network 4G is any better...). The 4s name has a chance, but I wouldn't bank on it.
    It was my understanding that AT&T is deploying its version of LTE, which should be comparable to 4G speeds. But I could be very wrong since I'm with Sprint and don't follow AT&T news as close.

Those cases look horrible

Why is everyone (writers on this site) assuming the phone will be called the iPhone 5? iPhone 4G or iPhone 4s or something seems more likely than 5. If these cases are any indication it seems to me, in my humble opinion, that it's just a small update. Okay, maybe a dual core processor isn't insignificant, but the design of the phone doesn't look to have changed much.

Just my opinion, a pet peeve on people assuming things as fact when they could just as easily say "Next iPhone".

I understand what your saying and do agree but I also agree with the term iPhone 5.
    Now that doesn't mean that's what the next iPhone will be called but it's simply called that now only because it will be apples 5th iPhone. There for we call it the iPhone 5 for that only reason... Until apple puts the facts on the table and unveils what the new iPhone will look like and be called of corse.
    We're stuck with iPhone 5.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Please have a bigger screen...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroskater61 View Post
    I understand what your saying and do agree but I also agree with the term iPhone 5.
    Now that doesn't mean that's what the next iPhone will be called but it's simply called that now only because it will be apples 5th iPhone. There for we call it the iPhone 5 for that only reason... Until apple puts the facts on the table and unveils what the new iPhone will look like and be called of corse.
    We're stuck with iPhone 5.
    Sure, anything can sound right with "facts" and "logic". Guess I'm just stubborn in reading it and wanted more people to agree than disagree with me. I learned something today..

Chill out. It's going to be the 5th generation iphone, that's why.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colby21 For This Useful Post:

AkkeDaBest (03-17-2011), Jahooba (03-16-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by trademark.designs View Post
    Let's not forget T-mobile does the same thing with calling their network "4G".

18. The Following User Says Thank You to scottw03 For This Useful Post:

LSZ33 (03-16-2011)

Puras mamadas!!!!

Eso es mentira.

No one knows what the new one will be called(writers on this site included), so why would we call it anything other than the 5th iPhone(iPhone 5). None of the writers on this site have ever claimed it would be named iPhone 5. It would be asinine at this point to call it the iPhone 4g or 4s or 4std. Lol. Hope this clears things up for you.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It's just going to be the 5th iPhone so it makes sense to refer to it as iPhone 5.
    Everyone called the iPhone 4, "iPhone 4" before it's release but I guess we assumed right on that one.
    I think iPhone 5 seems more likely than 4G or 4S.
    There is a very very slim chance that the "Next iPhone" will be compatible on 4G networks that rules out iPhone 4G.
    Naming the next iPhone 4S then just doesn't differentiate it enough from the iPhone 4, people didn't really get the difference between the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS

I'm crossing my fingers for a bigger screen, but I have doubts: after ramping up production of the iP4's retina display, would they really retool after only a year?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast