Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Alleged iPhone 5 Cases Suggest Great Similarity to iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by brbortscheller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AfterMercyFM View Post
    Why is everyone (writers on this site) assuming the phone will be called the iPhone 5? iPhone 4G or iPhone 4s or something seems more likely than 5.
    I would think they will call it the iPhone 4G[S].
    You are a complete idiot. It would need to have LTE to be called "iPhone 4G[S]"

There was already enough confusion in the current generations with half the accessory makers and retailers labeling things "iPhone 4G" when there was no such thing. Now that we can keep things simple, why not? Assuming that there will be no LTE in the next iPhone, it will be called "iPhone 5." If they do add LTE, which they won't, they might call it "iPhone 4G," but "iPhone 4G[S]" would be another generation beyond that, assuming that they would want to continue that way.

Green Apple
    Thanks

and not a single f*** was given that day.

::hand motion::

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post

There was already enough confusion in the current generations with half the accessory makers and retailers labeling things "iPhone 4G" when there was no such thing. Now that we can keep things simple, why not? Assuming that there will be no LTE in the next iPhone, it will be called "iPhone 5." If they do add LTE, which they won't, they might call it "iPhone 4G," but "iPhone 4G[S]" would be another generation beyond that, assuming that they would want to continue that way.
    Way to play nice, douche. I'm merely saying that calling the next iPhone the iPhone 5 like it's already predetermined when it makes more sense to say 5th iPhone, next iPhone, or what have you. Also, why should we assume that LTE won't be in the next iPhone? It seems that a lot of phone manufacturers are taking advantage of having yet another selling point and incredible speeds on the iPhone would be one. It's going to happen eventually. I don't understand your logic of Apple waiting another year to put out an LTE capable iPhone. It could even be another marketing tool for AT&T, "We have 4G speeds, and it plays nice with your iPhone 4G." (or whatever it would be called). But again, I don't know when AT&T plans on rolling out LTE.

And the reason I said iPhone 4G (or S) was because there was rumors of the iPad being called the iPad S or something because it didn't get a huge update.

I'm not trolling, and I'm not here to pick a fight with you or anyone

I have personally owned all the iphones and the iphone 4 could have been the BEST apart for one EPIC FAIL the antenna design, Iím on my 4th replacement phone from Apple and still the reception is horrific and no I donít live in the wilderness the joke of it all is I actually have a blackberry as well on the same network that has full bars the iphone barley 2 even with the stupid bumper on it, so PLEASE PLEASE APPLE I beg you shoot who ever designed the antenna on the Iphone 4 and change it on the iphone 5

Does everybody seriously think the next iPhone will not run on att/verizon 4g, lte etc.? In my head I was thinking this should be a no brainer, a screen that is 10% wider and a dual core processor hardly seem worth updating in a phone.

This would put apple a full year behind, assuming their next update would be 2012.

As an iPhone user for 4 years on att, t mobile, and now verizon, I would seriously consider a switch to an android phone that runs on a faster network.
    Last edited by Azdaren; 03-17-2011 at 08:42 AM.

The amount of hostility in this thread and many others is absolutely astounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Azdaren View Post
    Does everybody seriously think the next iPhone will not run on att/verizon 4g, lte etc.? In my head I was thinking this should be a no brainer, a screen that is 10% wider and a dual core processor hardly seem worth updating in a phone.

This would put apple a full year behind, assuming their next update would be 2012.

As an iPhone user for 4 years on att, t mobile, and now verizon, I would seriously consider a switch to an android phone that runs on a faster network.
    1. AT&T doesn't roll out 4g until the end of this year.
    2. 4G is really not that much faster than 3g.
    3. Apple would not put a LTE chip in the iPhone until it was a much more popular network because all it would do is sit there and drain the battery.
    4. ?
    5. Profit.

Twitter: @tshoults

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    1. AT&T doesn't roll out 4g until the end of this year.
    2. 4G is really not that much faster than 3g.
    3. Apple would not put a LTE chip in the iPhone until it was a much more popular network because all it would do is sit there and drain the battery.
    4. ?
    5. Profit.
    ya dood not that much faster, only 6x faster..................

3g = AT&T wins PCWorld's 3G speed test : The Technology Chronicles

4g = Verizon's 4G Network Doubles AT&T Speeds - Mobiledia

::hand motion::

Just like that 300mbps router of yours maxes out at about 135mbps. It's called real-world testing. Not just whatever crap the corporations get when standing 6 inches from the tower with no one else on the network.

Plus, I've said it before and I'll say it again. "4G", isn't even 4G. It's much closer to 3.2G.

I'll bide my time with the new iPhone. I love the 4g, tremendous phone, once all the bugs has been worked out. I'think I'll it a few months after being released before I consider getting one.

Green Apple
    Thanks

lrn2speedtest.net

Bad URL or no entry in the DNS server. Try again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Azdaren View Post

android on 4g is still not faster than the iphone sorry

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

alibaba's a great site.. i got my white iphone 4 conversion kit with everything for 113 from there and it's awesomeeeee
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post

I think it's funny that someone not understanding that one thing makes them a "complete idiot" to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwned4life View Post
    android on 4g is still not faster than the iphone sorry
    Im a little confused. Currently I own an Iphone 4 on Verizon. My dad owns a Samsung Galaxy (or whatever it is called on Verizon), our internet speed on 3g is pretty much identical.

Are you saying someone that owns an android phone running on a 4g network will be slower?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by AfterMercyFM View Post
    Way to play nice, douche. I'm merely saying that calling the next iPhone the iPhone 5 like it's already predetermined when it makes more sense to say 5th iPhone, next iPhone, or what have you. Also, why should we assume that LTE won't be in the next iPhone? It seems that a lot of phone manufacturers are taking advantage of having yet another selling point and incredible speeds on the iPhone would be one. It's going to happen eventually. I don't understand your logic of Apple waiting another year to put out an LTE capable iPhone. It could even be another marketing tool for AT&T, "We have 4G speeds, and it plays nice with your iPhone 4G." (or whatever it would be called). But again, I don't know when AT&T plans on rolling out LTE.

And the reason I said iPhone 4G (or S) was because there was rumors of the iPad being called the iPad S or something because it didn't get a huge update.

I'm not trolling, and I'm not here to pick a fight with you or anyone
    I agree with you and believe we should always use the most correct way to refer to it (5th gen iPhone is fine). All I was saying was that the other guy is a complete idiot for attempting to "correct" you with an even more stupid name than the ones you were correcting.

IOW:
    1) You speak out about stupid assumptions for the next model's name
    2) He replies with an even worse, OBVIOUSLY incorrect name
    3) I call him out for being an even bigger idiot than the ones you were correcting

See?

I'm a big fan of "if you don't know what you're talking about, STFU." Bad input isn't valued for the sake of encouraging input (at least it shouldn't be).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123