Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No NFC in iPhone 5?

This is not really all that surprising. There isn't a lot of need for NFC here in the states. The infrastructure is built upon the mag stripe. Why would Apple bother spending money on something that is not widely used in the states? For foreign members who might take exception with that comment keep in mind Apple is an American company.

EXAMPLE OF HOW THIS WILL WORK WITHOUT NFC - Starbucks has a mobile card app. You register your physical Starbucks card and then can reload it with money from within the app. It applies a bar code with your account number on screen when you open up the app. Starbucks has gone to the expense of building this out within their stores by purchasing scanners for the app. You go to the counter, order, open the app which shows the bar code, wave it in front of their scanning device and it charges your account for the order total. Works pretty well and shows the receipt in app (with a backlog history of past purchases). If this is going to happen in the near future, that is how it will happen. At the expense of individual businesses, not Apple.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    Features != products. Remember that.
    Fair enough.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    Now if only they would make it so that police will accept my drivers license from my iPhone then I can forget my wallet.
    Now that would be awesome
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    Now if only they would make it so that police will accept my drivers license from my iPhone then I can forget my wallet.
    Don't worry, 20 years from now, you won't even need an ID. They'll just read the RF Chip in your neck...

Oh, wait, I sound like the guy who predicts that the illuminati are orchestrating earthquakes.

My bad.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalDriver View Post
    Don't worry, 20 years from now, you won't even need an ID. They'll just read the RF Chip in your neck...

Oh, wait, I sound like the guy who predicts that the illuminati are orchestrating earthquakes.

My bad.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    that was not funny
    Instagram: zplit
    Twitter: zplit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12