+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Prototype iPhone 4 with 64 GB For Sale in Hong Kong

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Default Prototype iPhone 4 with 64 GB For Sale in Hong Kong

Apple products usually get a memory boost with every update, most of the time. This has been the case for quite awhile now, with the possible exception of the iPhone. It hasn’t seen a memory increase since 2009 when the 3GS model topped out at 32 GB. That is, until now.

Grey Markets in Hong Kong are selling an iPhone 4 “engineering prototype” that looks like the genuine article. It includes the same “XXGB” markings found on the iPhone 4 prototype that Gizmodo obtained early last year. Of course they got their prototype iPhone 4 before Apple officially announced it, unlike this device that recently popped up in Hong Kong.

According to Unwire.hk, this prototype iPhone 4 is on sale in Sin Tak, the greyest grey market in all of Hong Kong. Amazingly, they claim to have a small quantity available for sale, not just a single unit. The “About” screen indicates that there is in fact 59.1 GB available, the same amount of memory that is available on the 64 GB iPad.

If this does turn out to be an actual Apple prototype, then the question remains, why didn’t Apple release an iPhone 4 with more memory capacity when it was released last June? We may never know the answer to that question, however, the cost and availability of flash memory might have played a part in Apple’s decision not to release it. The cost of such a phone would have undoubtedly been higher, perhaps too high in Apple’s eyes. Hopefully, this is a good indication that when the iPhone 5 is released later this year, it will finally be available with more memory. My iPhone 4 is bursting at the seams as it is, so an increase in memory capacity would be a real godsend.

Source: M.I.C. Gadget

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

You know at some point they will bring larger drives to the iPhone. Sooner would be better than later.

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

although its unlikely, I'd love to see iPhones with 120 gb hard drives! or whatever the highest amount there is out atm for the classics. would be nicee

Thanks

I'm inclined to think this year's iPhone will be nothing more than an increase in storage capacity rather than an iPhone 5. Maybe the new model will be called the iPhone 4 HC(High Capacity)? Just a thought.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

More room would be great..as well as faster, thinner, lighter, and possibly a little bit bigger screen

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i think they will have a hit with an iphone5 with a larger screen (keep it retina), A5, and 64gb drive, possibly thinner but if not, i'd still buy it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Colby21 For This Useful Post:

Snozberries (03-10-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keenpois0n View Post
    although its unlikely, I'd love to see iPhones with 120 gb hard drives! or whatever the highest amount there is out atm for the classics. would be nicee
    The classics use regular hard drives, while anything ever released with iOS has used flash drives. Also, a device that is meant to be flipped around (aka something with an accelerometer/gyroscope) is not something that should be equipped with a hard drive with moving parts.

Thanks

Picture appears photoshopped to me, so I'm not sure what the fuss is about. Why would anyone wait 9 months to try and offload a device like that?

As far as this years iPhone goes, I suspect we will see an increase in storage. 16gb will be dropped. 32GB will be the new low end with 64GB or possibly even 128 the top. Increasing screen size while keeping it retina will be tough unless they don't care about price.

Apple could easily geek this thing out, let the cost go thru the roof, but they wouldn't see as many sold. Carriers are only going to subsidize a handset so much and we know the magic price point is $199 for a full discount. Anything beyond that makes android look soo much better.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I am just not buying it. I don't see any reason to "find" these in the wild now.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Anybody want one? I work next to sin tak...

Thanks

They should have had a 64GB since the start of the iPhone 4, which quite frankly disappointed me.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm still using a iPhone 4 16GB. I need a 64 GB as the 14.1 or so available has been used up.

Thanks

The 59 in the picture looks like they photoshopped it and tried to add a noise filter to make it blend but only did a mediocre job. Then again if they're selling them who knows.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

I highly doubt it's a prototype. Their market is saturated with clones. Heck their pirated products are even pirated.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

As soon as they release a 160GB iPod Touch or iPhone I will never need to buy another iPod again
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The capacity and the available memory sections seem to be a lot darker in txt then any other one's... Zoom in a little and you'll notice the difference.

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Whats the point? I cant even fill up my 16...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Could this just be the same thing they are doing with all the sandisk memory cards? I received a 32gb microusb card from a seller in the states that he bought from hong kong. It had all the correct markings and packaging, and even read the correct capacity while in the device. When you tried to load more than what the actual capacity, it was start corrupting the files. Just a thought though.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Memory =/= Drive Space...

Thanks

Pretty sure Steve woulda mentioned this

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast