+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Prototype iPhone 4 with 64 GB For Sale in Hong Kong

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I'd be extremely surprised not to see a 64GB iPhone this June/July. I think we'll have 16GB, 32GB and 64GB just like the iPad.
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I'd be extremely surprised not to see a 64GB iPhone this June/July. I think we'll have 16GB, 32GB and 64GB just like the iPad.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I find it weird that phone has 4.1 with 01.59.xx baseband with no cydia

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

There is no way they're going to get rid of the 16gb model. most casual users who aren't really into music don't even come close to filling it up, and it's a cheap option for many potential buyers. I think the most likely thing would be for them to ship 3 models. 16, 32 and 64. This would appeal to pretty much everyone. Although I think the likelihood of seeing a 64 gig is pretty 50/50

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Give me a 4 inch screen and I'm sold. I need something bigger for my e-Book and comic reading. I was contemplating a used iPad but a bigger iPhone will be just fine.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieSmith View Post
    Picture appears photoshopped to me, so I'm not sure what the fuss is about. Why would anyone wait 9 months to try and offload a device like that?

As far as this years iPhone goes, I suspect we will see an increase in storage. 16gb will be dropped. 32GB will be the new low end with 64GB or possibly even 128 the top. Increasing screen size while keeping it retina will be tough unless they don't care about price.

Apple could easily geek this thing out, let the cost go thru the roof, but they wouldn't see as many sold. Carriers are only going to subsidize a handset so much and we know the magic price point is $199 for a full discount. Anything beyond that makes android look soo much better.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXrT7-qyXuE&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - 64GB iPhone 4 Hands-on[/ame]

proof

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keenpois0n View Post
    although its unlikely, I'd love to see iPhones with 120 gb hard drives! or whatever the highest amount there is out atm for the classics. would be nicee
    same size as macbook air? not gonna happen soon.
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SergeantMAC View Post
    The 59 in the picture looks like they photoshopped it and tried to add a noise filter to make it blend but only did a mediocre job. Then again if they're selling them who knows.
    Yeah, except there's a video displaying the 59.1GB capacity as well... unless they did a mediocre job in After Affects with that as well...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It's probably not that hard to edit some files in iOS to make your device report whatever number of GB's you want.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

64 GBs would be sweet. I am always running out of room.

Green Apple
    Thanks

do we really need that much room? i mean with all the apps out there to stream your music(audio galaxy - FREE) and your videos(airvideo - $3 or something can't remember which even does airplay now when 4.3 comes out) is it worth it. i am only using like 10 gigs of space all pics and apps. i can't see myself ever needing 64 gigs. just my 2 cents.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to moeses For This Useful Post:

KingCane (03-09-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ticko's Avatar
    Thanks

you know when you report on more 'memory' most computer enthusiast and people who know anything about technology think about RAM...you sound like my 69 year old mom when you are talking about increasing memory when you are really talking about increasing storage space.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,875 Times in 2,214 Posts

64 would be great I feel up my 32gb iPhone in nothing flat
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moeses View Post
    do we really need that much room? i mean with all the apps out there to stream your music(audio galaxy - FREE) and your videos(airvideo - $3 or something can't remember which even does airplay now when 4.3 comes out) is it worth it. i am only using like 10 gigs of space all pics and apps. i can't see myself ever needing 64 gigs. just my 2 cents.
    I think it's great that you only use 10gigs, but I have almost 10gigs of apps alone on my phone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

iPhone clone 100%.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,875 Times in 2,214 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by delusion950 View Post
    iPhone clone 100%.
    Maybe or some one just modded the file to display 64gb but if it is or isn't true 64 gb would still be cool
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

How can anyone even question this? It is Apple's business model intentional or unintentional. They can't keep unveiling the latest and greatest every year if the drop it all at one time. The tech is there...so why else hold back on it?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ticko View Post
    you know when you report on more 'memory' most computer enthusiast and people who know anything about technology think about RAM...you sound like my 69 year old mom when you are talking about increasing memory when you are really talking about increasing storage space.
    No, most people call storage memory. I run into this problem constantly. Only people like us ("techies") actually differentiate memory and storage to RAM and HD.

Most people barely even understand what RAM is, let alone that it actually improves performance.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalDriver View Post
    No, most people call storage memory. I run into this problem constantly. Only people like us ("techies") actually differentiate memory and storage to RAM and HD.

Most people barely even understand what RAM is, let alone that it actually improves performance.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Then most people are incorrect. Simple as that.

Twitter: @tshoults

20. The Following User Says Thank You to moon#pie For This Useful Post:

mortopher (03-09-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moeses View Post
    Most people don't need or will never fill 500GB or 1TB HDD in their PC/Mac's but it's still an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticko View Post
    Yeah If someone ask's "How much memory is in a device?" I would answer them by telling them the amount of RAM not storage space.

For me, Memory = RAM and Storage = HDD/SSD.

I do hear people asking "How big is your iPhone/iPod?" and they are referring to the amount storage.

Quote Originally Posted by Westerman View Post
    64 would be great I feel up my 32gb iPhone in nothing flat
    Does your iPhone get turned on when you feel it up
    Last edited by feidhlim1986; 03-09-2011 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Bigger is better.