Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.3 Today? Not Ready For Jailbreak

Default iOS 4.3 Today? Not Ready For Jailbreak

News is buzzing around the web this morning that Apple's latest update, iOS 4.3, could be released as soon as 10am today. While we were told by Steve that the firmware wouldn't be available until March 11th, it's hard to gauge the validity of these rumors of an early release. Apple only seeded iOS 4.3 GM to developers last Thursday, so it's quite a quick turnaround. We shall see how the morning turns out, keep an eye out for that update and let us know if you see it.

Nonetheless, those of us that jailbreak our iDevices should be hesitant to update to iOS 4.3. The obvious reason being that an official jailbreak tool for iOS 4.3 is not yet available. There are various guides on the web, demonstrating a manual jailbreak for iOS 4.3, however many of these end up with errors, as Mobile Substrate is not yet fully compatible with iOS 4.3. A majority of the jailbreak apps in Cydia use Mobile Substrate so there isn't much point in wasting your time and possibly losing your jailbreak. The only real added feature to iOS 4.3 is the new Hotspot function, but if your jailbroken, I'm sure you've heard of MyWi by now.

As per usual, if you unlock, do not update your firmware.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick Hesson For This Useful Post:

Deestructson (03-08-2011)

Replacement iPhones have been shipping with 4.3 out of the box so this rumor is a possibility.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to goonerm3 For This Useful Post:

madiaw (03-11-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Any advantage to the iPhone Hotspot over MyWi?

MyWi allows USB and Bluetooth tethering so.....
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

6. The Following User Says Thank You to zinjen For This Useful Post:

Norbac (03-23-2011)

I will wait a while i have gotten burned a few times being an early jailbreaker i will wait a while for 4.3 i already have mywi so im good

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wolverinemarky For This Useful Post:

madiaw (03-11-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Dang, 4.3 already. I am staying on 4.2.1 for a while at least till a lot of the cydia apps are updated and an untethered JB is released.

Hopefully there will be a jailbreak tool soon after the release! Should be getting my ip4 this weekend... still stuck on my iphone 2g.... don't ask why lol

Quote Originally Posted by toawkanavngthded View Post
    Hopefully there will be a jailbreak tool soon after the release! Should be getting my ip4 this weekend... still stuck on my iphone 2g.... don't ask why lol
    I liked the original iPhone better than any of them except the iPhone 4...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to andygev35 For This Useful Post:

kingbijan (03-08-2011)

Thanks

Will wait a while before I update.... MyWi seems to do the job just fine.
    There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.~Peter F. Drucker

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andygev35 View Post
    I liked the original iPhone better than any of them except the iPhone 4...
    After being on my 3gs and going back to an iphone 2g and messing with it to get unlimited data back on my 3GS, i dont know how anybody could say that its better. Maybe the deisgn? But as far as internal hardware the 2g is garbage, slow and very very laggy. And mind you no 3G so how could anyone like it better? Old firmware 3.1.3 no native folders ect. umm no

I'm guessing any wifi hotspot on the iPhone will be Ad-Hoc only, right? I'd like to be able to connect my PSP to my iPhone's Internet, but the PSP can't connect to Ad-Hoc networks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MoDaLoT's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope we will get a unlock soon like the 3.10.1 for the iPhone 4. If they release the 4.3 today

still on 4.1 lol

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MalayZN For This Useful Post:

plcrules (03-08-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    After being on my 3gs and going back to an iphone 2g and messing with it to get unlimited data back on my 3GS, i dont know how anybody could say that its better. Maybe the deisgn? But as far as internal hardware the 2g is garbage, slow and very very laggy. And mind you no 3G so how could anyone like it better? Old firmware 3.1.3 no native folders ect. umm no
    Yea I agree. I'm on 3.1.3 jailbroken and all and it is very laggy. Didn't really care foe the 3g and 3gs. But the ip4 is one amazing device. I know this is off topic but do u think if I use my moms upgrade to get the ip4 can I still keep MY unlimited data? We have separate plans as well....

Banned
    Thanks

I got a iPhone 3G so it doesn't really matter when it comes out as its not for this phone anyway. Bastard Apple.
    I now have 2 obsolete iPhones. 2G and now 3G

21. The Following User Says Thank You to NakedFaerie For This Useful Post:

Norbac (03-23-2011)

I'm good enough with 4.2.1....

Quote Originally Posted by goonerm3 View Post
    Replacement iPhones have been shipping with 4.3 out of the box so this rumor is a possibility.
    My wifes replacement came Saturday with 4.3 on it.

Quote Originally Posted by toawkanavngthded View Post
    Yea I agree. I'm on 3.1.3 jailbroken and all and it is very laggy. Didn't really care foe the 3g and 3gs. But the ip4 is one amazing device. I know this is off topic but do u think if I use my moms upgrade to get the ip4 can I still keep MY unlimited data? We have separate plans as well....
    Yes you can... in fact. that was the only way they allowed me to keep my unlimited data. simply because i didnt have an upgrade!
    iPhone [5] 64GB Black 6.1.2

http://www.twitter.com/iChrisHarrison

Quote Originally Posted by MalayZN View Post
    still on 4.1 lol
    I'm on 4.0.1 and haven't found a good reason to upgrade yet...lol

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    @hvywheel

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarge78 For This Useful Post:

holygamer22 (03-08-2011)

Hey if I add line for my bro can he get unlimited data too as I have unlimited data but if I add line with me for him can he get unlimited data too or not ??

Hah. Staying on 4.2.1 'till there's a tweak for enabling multi-touch gestures, at least redsn0w tethered

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast