Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rumor: Apple Considering Aluminum Back for iPhone 5

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyD4 View Post
    Apple should have removable batteries and give u a choice of the backing
    They'll never do this. They would not be able to prevent aftermarket companies from making different backs, which would change the look/feel of the phone. Apple hates customization. They're ok with "bumpers" or cases, but with a replaceable back-panel, they'd lose revenue from people who have to come in for repairs on them.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalDriver View Post
    They'll never do this. They would not be able to prevent aftermarket companies from making different backs, which would change the look/feel of the phone. Apple hates customization. They're ok with "bumpers" or cases, but with a replaceable back-panel, they'd lose revenue from people who have to come in for repairs on them.

There's already after market back panels for the iPhone 4.... I have an aluminum light green back panel for my iPhone 4 and it looks pretty nice and I got my girl friend a hot pink back panel for her iPhone 4.... There's a few colors which you can find on eBay. And it's easy to replace so if anything ever happens to the phone just put the original part back on and take it back to apple and they'll never know.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b44/ZEROSKATER61/be033f97.jpg
    Last edited by zeroskater61; 03-16-2011 at 04:59 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zeroskater61 For This Useful Post:

HeavyD4 (03-16-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone HeavyD4's Avatar
    Thanks

Thats the one problem i have with apple they have to much contol over something u bought,after u buy a TV does the company u got it from tell u what channels u can watch,once u buy it its urs not a rental,if they gave me a free one every time a newer version came out i wouldnt have a problem with it,we know thats never happening!!!

I am very happy with glass it looks classy so no thanks I do not want aluminium.

The reason apple doesn't have removable backs and batteries is so they can pack a better battery into a smaller space because they don't have to make it "user replaceable", even though many of us have to know-how and could do it anyway.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HeavyD4's Avatar
    Thanks

C this is my point everyone has there own style or preference that's y we should have a choice, I like change so I would like the option to switch when ever I felt like it.

Quote Originally Posted by zeroskater61 View Post
    There's already after market back panels for the iPhone 4.... I have an aluminum light green back panel for my iPhone 4 and it looks pretty nice and I got my girl friend a hot pink back panel for her iPhone 4.... There's a few colors which you can find on eBay. And it's easy to replace so if anything ever happens to the phone just put the original part back on and take it back to apple and they'll never know.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...1/be033f97.jpg
    I knew someone was going to say something like this.

It's not an "accepted" product. Technically, you void the warranty by doing this. You don't void the warranty on a BB by replacing the battery cover.

Also, those companies are committing a crime. By putting the Apple logo on their product, they can be sued by Apple.

It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyD4 View Post
    C this is my point everyone has there own style or preference that's y we should have a choice, I like change so I would like the option to switch when ever I felt like it.
    And I like a more durable phone with a battery better than pretty much every other phone.

Twitter: @tshoults

Thanks

pretty nice, i like it.
    No confundas mi personalidad con mi actitud. Mi personalidad es quien soy yo, mi actitud depende de quien seas tú.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345