+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung VP Calls Their Own Tablet "Inadequate"

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The iPad 2 announcement has met with favorable reviews pretty much across the board, with consumers and tech writers alike finding much to cheer about with the lighter, faster tablet.
    MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Samsung VP Calls Their Own Tablet "Inadequate"

The iPad 2 announcement has met with favorable reviews pretty much across the board, with consumers and tech writers alike finding much to cheer about with the lighter, faster tablet. Praise came from an unfamiliar source on Friday, though, as the vice president of one of Apple's main competitors called his own product "inadequate" in comparison. Samsung VP Lee Don-joo also signaled that they might have to lower the price of the Galaxy Pad 10.1 to compete.

Lee, the executive vice president of Samsung's mobile division, told the Yonhap News Agency in South Korea that they "will have to improve the parts that are inadequate" of its forthcoming Galaxy Tab 10.1, and indicated that they were somewhat surprised that the new iPad had better performance in a new form factor at the same price. "Apple made it very thin," Lee said.

Samsung has been preparing the Galaxy Tab 10.1 to compete directly with the iPad. The company currently makes the 7-inch Galaxy Tab, which costs as much as $900 US without a contract. The iPad's continued low price creates a real obstacle to acceptance of Samsung's offerings, which is even more the case with the larger Galaxy Tab. "The 10-inch was to be priced higher than the 7-inch," Lee said, "but we will have to think that over."

The Motorola Xoom, considered by many to be the most serious competitor to the iPad, costs $799 without carrier subsidy, or $599 with a two-year contract. A comparably equipped iPad retails for $729, and pundits have argued that the Motorola tablet's pricing and the lack of an entry-level model "will shoot it in the foot." Samsung may yet have an opportunity to save some toes, but it will need to be a lot more aggressive than it has been on price.

Source: Cult of Mac

Thanks

Why do they all focus on price?? It's the iOS that makes the iPad/ipad2 hard to beat!! Only thing that could make iOS better is for apple to open it up to the devs rather than waste time trying to block the jailbreaks! After all apple end up copying some jailbreak apps!

Thanks

-^Well it's a mixture if the iOS and the price, you just simply can't beat it.Although you always have to consider the "to each is own" method because people like what they like. I know a lot of people that love their 3GS and I tell them about the i4 and how much better it is,and they couldn't be happier with their 3GS. It all comes down to user experience when you think about it.

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

Samsung should stick to TV's ... Bottom line

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

TV and lcd's not tablets, their phones have nice displays and picture but they are battery guzzlers.

Thanks

yea, um, not paying 900 when i can get a more supported tablet for 500.
    lol fail.

Thanks

i dont see why people care so much about how much thinner it is and how much lighter it is..
    imo, i HATE really light phones and tablets.
    they make it feel cheap
    and the thinness.. its only like 1~2 mm...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

$900 for a freaking tablet?? Why not just add $100 more and get a MBA or MB, or add $300 and buy a MBP?? Waste of money... Also it's funny to see people say iPad is inferior when it is iPad vs The World... Just like iPhone vs the android phones.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chinkynigwap View Post
    i dont see why people care so much about how much thinner it is and how much lighter it is..
    they make it feel cheap

Weird. My iphone 4 is thin and doesnt feel cheap at all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aimetti View Post
    Somebody is offended. :P

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by santacruzlocal View Post
    Samsung should stick to TV's ... Bottom line
    So they should stop designing and manufacturing the flash memory and touch screen panels that Apple uses in their iPhones and iPads?

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

I wonder what the release date of the 10.1 Galaxy tab is? I still can't find a release date for the LG G-Slate either and I'm looking to buy a tablet but if they are going to be a few months I may just get the WiFi only version this week. In my opinion android is just as good as iOS and I have one of each as far as a phone goes now.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LifeSux View Post
    Somebody is offended. :P
    Offended is not the right term. I dont get offended at retarded comments whether its an apple product or not.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I agree, iPhone 4 is I believe the thinnest of smart phones but feels pure quality to hold.

P.S. I'm not offended in the least.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by piston597 View Post
    $900 for a freaking tablet?? Why not just add $100 more and get a MBA or MB, or add $300 and buy a MBP?? Waste of money... Also it's funny to see people say iPad is inferior when it is iPad vs The World... Just like iPhone vs the android phones.
    Not to mention if you buy it subsidized with a 2 year contract you have the extra monthly data fees. At least with the ipad you have the choice of buying cheaper with wifi only.

h2a
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chinkynigwap View Post
    they make it feel cheap
    Funny. I think thick and heavy devices feel cheap. Like Dell products.

Thanks

iPad 2 is a bully , no one can really mess with it...even the haters are loving it
    Last edited by z3r01; 03-05-2011 at 11:20 AM.

Thanks

Have you held one of the android phones? They feel so plastic and cheap. Pretty soon you'll be getting them free in boxes of cereal!

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by charliebee View Post
    So they should stop designing and manufacturing the flash memory and touch screen panels that Apple uses in their iPhones and iPads?
    Lol, what does that have to do with sticking just to tv's? All he meant was they shouldn't have a tablet of their own, that doesn't mean they can't make flash memory or screen panels.

At least the VP for Samsung is honest

20. The Following User Says Thank You to steve-z17 For This Useful Post:

santacruzlocal (03-05-2011)

Thanks

I will never understand why these company execs dont understand their products are terrible.

They never really consider what what people want, they try to tell us what we need.

Truth is, they could all kick Apple's A--, they just have to innovate, ask consumers, and stop thinking solely about net profits (jumping on the bandwagon).