+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 55 of 55

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Samsung VP Calls Their Own Tablet "Inadequate"

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
If Samsung can price the Galaxy Tab 10.1 below the WiFI only iPad's price, I will buy it. I use YouTube and web browsing a lot, no doubt Android does
...
  1. #41
    Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,582
    Thanks
    188
    Thanked 111 Times in 94 Posts

    If Samsung can price the Galaxy Tab 10.1 below the WiFI only iPad's price, I will buy it. I use YouTube and web browsing a lot, no doubt Android does both things better!

    I hope Google will have pushed out an update to further refine Honeycomb by then.

    Also to the people asking for a Retina Display, it'll push the price of the iPad up by A LOT! Apple would have to quadruple the amount of pixels if four pixels on the Retina Display of iPad 2 had made up one pixel of old iPad display.
    The same goes for Samsung not putting in AMOLED on the Galaxy Tab 10.1, it'll push price of it up really high.

    MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

  2. #42
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    sacramento
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by blwallace5 View Post
    wat????
    you dont agree? or you dont understand what im trying to say?

  3. #43
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    127
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jed2012 View Post
    you dont agree? or you dont understand what im trying to say?
    I think I got the idea of what you were saying, but trying to read what you wrote is frustrating and made my brain hurt.

  4. #44
    Starbucks Artist mmaboi21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bakersfield CA.
    Posts
    2,402
    Thanks
    162
    Thanked 207 Times in 160 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    I have the iPhone 4 and an iPad 3g and I still don't get what all the hype is about the iPad 2? My iPad is already fast and thin. Wow, it might load a page .03 seconds faster. In my opinion the only new feature on the iPad 2 is the camera's and from what I've read they're not even that good of camera's. Apple is the best when it comes to building up the hype for new releases. If I didn't have an iPad already then I would buy the iPad 2 but I don't get all these people that are buying another one just for a couple of crappy camera's. When the iPad 3 comes out with a new retina display then it will be worth it but not to make a fast iPad a little faster and add two camera's.
    But its in a beAutiful White! I can't resist I'm sorry.

    Lol

    I am however going to get the iPad2.

  5. #45
    miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    D-town Tejas
    Posts
    490
    Thanks
    317
    Thanked 79 Times in 53 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by LifeSux View Post
    Somebody is offended. :P
    You've got it all wrong.... Somebody knows what they're talking about.

  6. #46
    iPhoneaholic manickbarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    305
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked 38 Times in 19 Posts

    BBC News - Android hit by rogue app viruses
    This makes me glad not to have an android device also

    I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

  7. #47
    iPhoneaholic manickbarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    305
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked 38 Times in 19 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    Well this sucks because its a WIN for Apple to continue its war against Jailbreak
    Well that might be the case and I might be wrong but I have not heard of any iOS apps with viruses

    I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

  8. #48
    iPhoneaholic manickbarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    305
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked 38 Times in 19 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    Sorry I'm in medicine and this is a 2nd or 3rd "Leap" conclusion

    Quote
    You jailbreak and you open up the IOS to attacks per Apple

    to me an easy association, Exploits is how a Virus writer gets his virus in.

    Why do macs have less viruses? Way less of them compared to Windows, WHy would IOS be a target? Because way more Iphones and now Ipads then anything else, the Viruses are coming don't kid yourself.
    I agree but my point is apple closed practice and tight app approval must help keep iOS's immune system strong. If there was no jailbreak surely it would be much harder to infect.

    I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

  9. #49
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,088
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 35 Times in 29 Posts

    No, Android, your tablet is nothing like iPad 2 | DVICE this article i think is quite true. you cant compare the ipad to other tablets. the only reason android is doing good with phones is not because of apps its already a fully functional phone while as for tablets they rely on apps and the android may have many but not nearly as much as the ipads fun fully functional applications

  10. #50
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,233
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 141 Times in 121 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    If Samsung can price the Galaxy Tab 10.1 below the WiFI only iPad's price, I will buy it. I use YouTube and web browsing a lot, no doubt Android does both things better!

    I hope Google will have pushed out an update to further refine Honeycomb by then.

    Also to the people asking for a Retina Display, it'll push the price of the iPad up by A LOT! Apple would have to quadruple the amount of pixels if four pixels on the Retina Display of iPad 2 had made up one pixel of old iPad display.
    The same goes for Samsung not putting in AMOLED on the Galaxy Tab 10.1, it'll push price of it up really high.
    Good call, those two things would help Samsung, it would be a smart move for them and expand sales.

  11. #51
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,088
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 35 Times in 29 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post


    What are you saying? its unclear?

    Are you saying that ANdroid tablets rely mostly on Apps as the function?

    If you look at specs some are close to the same and some are superior to IPAD2

    Apps and IOS so far are superior for IPAD

    Gingerbread OS though I have not seen

    I would like to test both head to head to truly see.
    im saying that due to androids uneasy computer to phone/tablet appstore tablets are not as functional as you think. Tablets rely on apps in everyway otherwise they have little to no purpose. The itunes plays a big role in apples devices and that is one of the ways they succeed but because android doesnt nearly compete with itunes you cant get apps and making a tablet useless. Probably still unclear but......

  12. #52
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,088
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 35 Times in 29 Posts

    apples appstore is simple and connects to your computer ez. android appstore cannot connect to the computer ez. tablets need apps. ipad = ez to get apps, any other tablet = limited apps and not so ez to get. I tried to simplify

  13. #53
    iPhoneaholic NSXrebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    446
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 34 Times in 29 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    Sorry I'm in medicine and this is a 2nd or 3rd "Leap" conclusion

    Quote
    You jailbreak and you open up the IOS to attacks per Apple

    to me an easy association, Exploits is how a Virus writer gets his virus in.

    Why do macs have less viruses? Way less of them compared to Windows,
    WHy would IOS be a target? Because way more Iphones and now Ipads then anything else, the Viruses are coming don't kid yourself.


    There you go with that security through obscurity BS.
    Before OSX, Mac OS had tons of viruses, were just as easily made and spread like Windows viruses. I'm talking about Mac OS9 and older. Wanna know the difference? OSX is UNIX based, which is much more secure than anything Windows. That does not mean it's not vulnerable to malware. iOS is also based on OSX, so its UNIX roots are there as well.

  14. #54
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    398
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 34 Times in 30 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    apples appstore is simple and connects to your computer ez. android appstore cannot connect to the computer ez. tablets need apps. ipad = ez to get apps, any other tablet = limited apps and not so ez to get. I tried to simplify
    You don't need to simplify it, you need to make it understandable! MMi has a lot of very smart people, who are capable of understanding very complex things, but your writing makes that difficult.

    I know what you're getting at, so I'll explain why I think you're wrong.

    It doesn't matter how easily the device syncs with a computer, because all Tablet devices allow a user to download apps directly onto, and from, the tablet itself. I do all of my App purchases/updates directly on my iPhone, and I did the same with my iPad as well. It is just more convenient than having to download on the computer, then sync, then use.

    Syncing, for users like myself, is just a backup point. We use it to restore/backup only, not to add/update apps.

    Tablets have inherent uses, prior to adding any aftermarket apps. Right out of the box, you can browse the net, watch YouTube, check e-mail, etc.

    The bottom line here is this: if you have no need to check your e-mail on the go, then NO tablet is right for you. All the extra apps are just fluff, and you're better off spending the money on a better phone and reserving your web activities for home/laptops.

    I require frequent access to my e-mail, and Internet, in places that would be impractical for netbooks/laptops/computers, so a tablet is marketed at me. I just find that the iPhone 4 is good enough, so I make due without an iPad... For now.

    I will probably buy another iPad, but that won't happen until the display is as good as the iPhone 4's. I miss a lot of the apps I used on my iPad, but business-wise, it just wasn't that much better than my iPhone.

    I will admit, my iPad saw MUCH more use before I got the iPhone 4, when I was still using an iPhone 3G.


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

  15. #55
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    "Apple made it very thin," Lee said.

    Hahahaha!!! Is there actually someone on earth, much less in the industry who is actually surprised that Apple made something thin?

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts