+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung VP Calls Their Own Tablet "Inadequate"

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by ZipZapp I will never understand why these company execs dont understand their products are terrible. They never really consider what what people want, they try to tell
    h2a
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZipZapp View Post
    I will never understand why these company execs dont understand their products are terrible.

They never really consider what what people want, they try to tell us what we need.

Truth is, they could all kick Apple's A--, they just have to innovate, ask consumers, and stop thinking solely about net profits (jumping on the bandwagon).
    That's where apple differs. They don't ask consumers. It's like the Henry Ford quote that said if you ask people what they want, they'd say a faster horse.

Thanks

My personal opinion is this: you can't beat the price of either iPad, you can't beat the ease of use, you can't beat the speed(although some have come pretty close) you can't beat the web experience, you now cannot beat the thinness of the device...so many qualities!! I'm not sure if other companies can catch up to the quality/technology of the iPad. Once again Apple has set the STANDARD and all others are at least a year behind. How many times in history has a company set a standard, only to be outdone by another company....? Yes it has happened but not to Apple...can't wait till the 11th, so I can purchase an iPad 2G woohoo :]

Thanks

This article has a few false points. First of all, its Galaxy Tab 10.1 not Galaxy "PAD" 10.1. Second, it says the 7 inch tab is up to $900. WRONG! Are you kidding me? The 7 inch tab is $450-$500 retail, no contract. Google it. Were in the fraking world did you get $900?!?!?!? I was at best buy the other day and you can get it for $299 on contract and $450 off contract. Oy......

Thanks

I think consumers should be on their hands and knees thanking Steve Jobs and Apple for continuing to create innovative products. Whether you like Apple or not, they are continually causing the rest of the world to step up their games. In the end, we all benefit.

Thanks
    The Samsung VP did not call their tablet "Inadequate"! The quote regarded parts of the Galaxy Tab 10.1.
    Steve Jobs would never consider making such a statement because he knows better.
    As far as I'm concerned, the Samsung VP's public relations skills seem "Inadequate" compared to those of Mr. Jobs!
    Reporting what IS said is more valuable than headlining a story with what some may wish had been said.

Thanks

I'd have to Disagree. I think the Samsung is about as Close too a Alternative Tablet to the iPad for. For Some Price is just as Much a Prefix as the iOS or User experience. I'm not saying that you should get the most expensive one cause if ya don't it makes u look like your not up to date. For me the iPad 3G only made sense to get not for the fact that it was $629 and the Wi-Fi Version was $499 but because Sometimes I might forget too set my iPhone on as a Hot Spot(PDA Net).If the Galaxy Tab were available up here I would have gotten it, if they where out of the iPad 3G. So to most people price does have a factor in what and How they decide on what tablet to purchase.
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone5 16GB(Evasion Jailbreak
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Mavericks
    Cydia Account #895872

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post

Cheap is construction
    So far no Apple product I have ever seen is made in a "Cheap" way

Light and thin have nothing to do with durability when the device is constructed in the right way.

I have bendable titanium framed Eyeglasses, super light and you can just about twist the eyeglasses around your index finger and it snaps back into place. supper light, durable not cheaply made.

You wont win an argument like this...... Apple does make good stuff.
    i wasnt arguing..
    and i didnt say "Apple" feels cheap.. what i was trying to get at is, that lots of other companies are trying to make their phones feel really light, so they end up using really thin plastic feeling materials for their phones. so it feels really cheap.
    i DID NOT say ANYTHING about apple.
    why are people being ******* *** and making assumptions that i was dissing apple?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chinkynigwap View Post
    i wasnt arguing..
    and i didnt say "Apple" feels cheap.. what i was trying to get at is, that lots of other companies are trying to make their phones feel really light, so they end up using really thin plastic feeling materials for their phones. so it feels really cheap.
    i DID NOT say ANYTHING about apple.
    why are people being ******* *** and making assumptions that i was dissing apple?
    Cos you're not allowed to criticise Apple here

i think is great that there is finally an apple product that no one can say is overpriced. apple nay-sayers talk about an apple premium for a comparable product. which in some arenas bears some weight, but with the ipad 2 apple found a way to make the best product with the best OS , with the most supported platform for the best price. my only question is how can this be beat?

in your post you say you didn't call apple product s cheap and light, but you asked why people can how thin and light "it" is in reference to the ipad 2 so yes you were talking about apple.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 03-05-2011 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Damm apple!
    that's it.
    once I get certified for Network + in
    the next few weeks.
    I gonna apply for work @ apple!
    damn it!
    sold my ipad 1 in preparation for ipad 2

Thanks

I was merely being moronic, just to poke fun. Don't take it serious! The iPhone 4 does have a nice look and feel to it for certain.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

I have the iPhone 4 and an iPad 3g and I still don't get what all the hype is about the iPad 2? My iPad is already fast and thin. Wow, it might load a page .03 seconds faster. In my opinion the only new feature on the iPad 2 is the camera's and from what I've read they're not even that good of camera's. Apple is the best when it comes to building up the hype for new releases. If I didn't have an iPad already then I would buy the iPad 2 but I don't get all these people that are buying another one just for a couple of crappy camera's. When the iPad 3 comes out with a new retina display then it will be worth it but not to make a fast iPad a little faster and add two camera's.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Go Gators For This Useful Post:

IcerMize (03-05-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well I think that apple are now making the Ipad at a loss because they make more money from the Apps. Think about it, The likes of Samsung cant compete on price because it's impossible to fit the amount of tec inside the ipad at the price Apple are selling it for.
    Apple are using their clout as a big company to release as many products as possible running IOS so more people buy the Apps from their app store.

The difference with the Ipad over the other guys IS THE APPS.

Jolly

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    I have the iPhone 4 and an iPad 3g and I still don't get what all the hype is about the iPad 2? My iPad is already fast and thin. Wow, it might load a page .03 seconds faster. In my opinion the only new feature on the iPad 2 is the camera's and from what I've read they're not even that good of camera's. Apple is the best when it comes to building up the hype for new releases. If I didn't have an iPad already then I would buy the iPad 2 but I don't get all these people that are buying another one just for a couple of crappy camera's. When the iPad 3 comes out with a new retina display then it will be worth it but not to make a fast iPad a little faster and add two camera's.
    I completely agree regarding the value of upgrading to the iPad 2. It seems Apple is more excited about the 'amazing' folding cover than the device itself. Imagine, a cover that only protects the screen. What about the rest of the device?
    At $39 each, they'll make a small fortune on the covers alone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    Your forgetting the gyro , more ram..dual core for faster apps like the GarageBand app and iMovie. Also the main focus of the iPad 2 was to also build a case that won't hide the iPads beauty. U see it as "oh just cameras" but it's not as simple as you put it...clearly it's a product that has been upgraded and maintains the same price...how sweet is that? Did u not see how cool it would be to create music on GarageBand ? What other tablet let's u do that with ease? Not galaxy or any other android running wannabe. Overall the product has been refined. Retina display? Your begging for retina display? Is that all? Retina display on a screen that already looks great? Retina display was really useful for the iPhones screen so letters could be more legible without having to zoom. Only reason you would really need retina on an iPad is if your blind.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IcerMize View Post
    I completely agree regarding the value of upgrading to the iPad 2. It seems Apple is more excited about the 'amazing' folding cover than the device itself. Imagine, a cover that only protects the screen. What about the rest of the device?
    At $39 each, they'll make a small fortune on the covers alone.

As an iPad 1 owner, here's the reasons why I can't wait upgrade to the iPad 2:

- gyroscope. Along with the dual cameras, I can't wait to see the AR apps folks are going to come out with for the large screen.

- quite a bit faster.

- Garageband. Especially dig the use of the accelerometer for touch sensitivity. and to be able to start a quick comp on the iPad and finish it later on the Mac. Sweeeet!

- iMovie. I really don't like trying to edit video on the iPhone. With the iPad display, it'll be great.

- lighter and thinner + the new cover. I've been using the Apple case for protection and the built in stands for my iPad 1. However, in actual use, it's a bit clunky to flip the iPad over to use the case for the low angle orientation and since I use that orientation the most, it doesn't even work for the high angle orientation any more. The new cover will be great to easily use it for either orientation as well as being able to fully appreciate the fit and finish of the iPad itself.

As for wear and tear on the rest of the device, I slip it into a shoulder bag when I transport it anyway, which is the only time i am worried about the rest of the device protection. I'll have to wait and see if the new cover actually does clean the screen with it's microfiber interior surface, but if it works as advertised, that'll be a plus as well.

- the dual cameras will be great for FaceTiming with my sons and grandkids, which I do a lot.

As for the lack of a Retina display, I have no issue with the current display at all, so that is not an issue. I love it on the iPhone, but that's because the display is so small it's much better for my 50 year old eyes. Don't need it on the iPad. Would be nice, but not a deal-breaker for me in the least.

Bottom line... if none of these points matter to you, then you should be very happy sticking with iPad 1. Just as i'm sure someone will be when I put mine up for sale on ebay at a great price.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    Your forgetting the gyro , more ram..dual core for faster apps like the GarageBand app and iMovie. Also the main focus of the iPad 2 was to also build a case that won't hide the iPads beauty. U see it as "oh just cameras" but it's not as simple as you put it...clearly it's a product that has been upgraded and maintains the same price...how sweet is that? Did u not see how cool it would be to create music on GarageBand ? What other tablet let's u do that with ease? Not galaxy or any other android running wannabe. Overall the product has been refined. Retina display? Your begging for retina display? Is that all? Retina display on a screen that already looks great? Retina display was really useful for the iPhones screen so letters could be more legible without having to zoom. Only reason you would really need retina on an iPad is if your blind.
    There is a lot of funny truth in this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scroogelives View Post
    Why do they all focus on price?? It's the iOS that makes the iPad/ipad2 hard to beat!! Only thing that could make iOS better is for apple to open it up to the devs rather than waste time trying to block the jailbreaks! After all apple end up copying some jailbreak apps!
    I wonder if there is a way for the jailbreak app developers and sue for copycated ios updates that includes these jb app delelopers apps and they wasted there time and get no revenue for those apps becuase to begin with apple wouldnt approve it in there appstore but its good enough to throw in ios .... Thats BullSHIIIIIEEET if you ask me. its more convienet to be in the ios updates but it wasnt their idea to begin with so why should they put another persons ideas and revenues to rest becuase of their ******** app store regulations

I Feel Sorry for any app dev that lost use to buy in cydia store due to apple copycating your development its complete bs..

i Want to see want of u dev in this catagorey to see a attorney that knows electonic laws and actually see if there is something you try to sue and see if it can be ruled out on your side

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by charliebee View Post
    So they should stop designing and manufacturing the flash memory and touch screen panels that Apple uses in their iPhones and iPads?
    First: Your welcome for Quoting me on your first ever post to MMI
    Second: You Wrong;Samsung only makes 50% of the displays, The other half would be LG

and Welcome to MMI

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jed2012 View Post
    I wonder if there is a way for the jailbreak app developers and sue for copycated ios updates that includes these jb app delelopers apps and they wasted there time and get no revenue for those apps becuase to begin with apple wouldnt approve it in there appstore but its good enough to throw in ios .... Thats BullSHIIIIIEEET if you ask me. its more convienet to be in the ios updates but it wasnt their idea to begin with so why should they put another persons ideas and revenues to rest becuase of their ******** app store regulations

I Feel Sorry for any app dev that lost use to buy in cydia store due to apple copycating your development its complete bs..

i Want to see want of u dev in this catagorey to see a attorney that knows electonic laws and actually see if there is something you try to sue and see if it can be ruled out on your side
    wat????