Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 2 Has 512 MB Memory: Report

Well obviously it's going to have 512MB of RAM, just like how the iPhone 5 will have 1GB of RAM. Hasn't Apple been doubling every generation for a while now?

Having said that I am really hoping everyone is wrong and we'll magically find 1GB of RAM in the iPad 2 and justify my purchase. :P

Uhh, even 1GB wouldn't be "ahead of the curve" because many smartphones have that. 512MB was the absolute minimum. Remember how long it took to get iOS4 on iPad specifically because Apple was having trouble multitasking HD apps with 256MB?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    I guess it was a smart move, its cheaper than its competitors so I guess more sales for Apple.

Now I have to decide between an iPad 2 or Nintendo 3DS....
    No contest. iPad 2

+1
    iPad 2 much much greater than > 3ds
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

i won't buy ipad 2 if it has less than 1gb memory, it is suck enough that they using same screen ( aleast that what i heard ). what did they really improve on ipad 2 beside cpu and memory? they could have done way better. I rather go for Xoom , but i hate android. so confusing.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Good call, iPad 2 is going to be the bomb.com

I am hoping there is 512Mb of RAM in there but if not I will still get it. I was going to buy the 1st gen one but decided to hold off since the ipad 2 was going to be out soon. the faster processor is definitely a plus, the cameras are a nice addition although I could live without the rear facing one, only really interested in the front facing cam so i can skype or facetime with my wife and 2 yr old daughter when I am deployed or TDY. I do it it already with my iPhone 4 but I get tired of working off of a small screen for everything. It is jb though so I will only go for the wifi only version sicne I have mywi.

If it has more than 512Mb I will be thrilled. Definitely looking forward to getting mine when they go on sale.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Westerman View Post
    +1
    iPad 2 much much greater than > 3ds
    They're completely different markets really. I wouldn't consider them competitors.
    Both will be undoubted successes

Thanks

Well, I am going to flame you just a bit...not as an Apple Fanboy (although I am and really liked what I saw of the iPad 2)...no, my "flame" is: did you really need to use GD? Really? Seems you were more disrespectful of God than Apple or Apple Fanboys.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chityuulay View Post
    i won't buy ipad 2 if it has less than 1gb memory, it is suck enough that they using same screen ( aleast that what i heard ). what did they really improve on ipad 2 beside cpu and memory? they could have done way better. I rather go for Xoom , but i hate android. so confusing.
    The I pad 1 is very fast at its current specs so the new one will be blazing. The Xoom has 1gb, but keep in mind that half of it is dedicated to the Os. The other half for the apps. It works out extremely well.

Forgot to add this to my last post, another reason I am looking at the iPad over all the other tablets at the moment is the battery length. At the moment, no tablet on the market can match the iPad battery time length. At least not that I am aware of. The 7" galaxy tab comes close with 7 hrs but all the rest that I have been looking at are all around 3-5 hrs. I might as well get a netbook if I am going with that since i will already be making one sacrifice I might as well make another. I use my iPhone for almost everything so the iPad will be even a better match for me with the larger screen size. I use my laptop more like a desktop computer where i use it to sync and store my itunes libary and all but that is about it. For me battery life is a huge factor in what i will buy. That is another reason I love my iPhone 4 since the battery on it last forever for me.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    Yeah, I guessed it was probably 512mb. 1Gb will probably be in the iPad 3.
    etc, etc. lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    They're completely different markets really. I wouldn't consider them competitors.
    Both will be undoubted successes
    The OP was trying to decide which to buy first, not either or.

I can't believe people are complaining about ram. Apple doesn't care about ram. And I bet the iPad 2 with 256 or 512mb of ram is going to be still smoother and faster than the other tablets with 1gig of ram. I have a 3GS iPhone and never had any problem multitasking or running heavy applications like rage and infinity blade. Don't see iPad 2 lagging even if it had the same ram as my 3GS. The way apple designs it's stuff, the final product is always better than the sum of individual parts in the product. It's competitors are simply designing like pcs, double the ram and I'm sure people will buy ours

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by surgeons View Post
    I can't believe people are complaining about ram. Apple doesn't care about ram. And I bet the iPad 2 with 256 or 512mb of ram is going to be still smoother and faster than the other tablets with 1gig of ram. I have a 3GS iPhone and never had any problem multitasking or running heavy applications like rage and infinity blade. Don't see iPad 2 lagging even if it had the same ram as my 3GS. The way apple designs it's stuff, the final product is always better than the sum of individual parts in the product. It's competitors are simply designing like pcs, double the ram and I'm sure people will buy ours
    I think it goes a little bit deeper than "hey! Look at our specs!" The upgrades are very much needed as the demand for bigger and better apps/OS's will be calling for it. Case and point? Look how laggy the firmwares are getting on the older gen iPhones. The iPad will have the same issue if it isn't upgraded as well.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    The OP was trying to decide which to buy first, not either or.
    Ah yes, missed that

iPhone? More like MyPhone krosis's Avatar
    Thanks

256 MB was really just getting by on the first model. Remember that the 3GS uses less RAM than the iPad too with the lower res screen. Having to regularly terminate and re-launch safari just to get more than 30MB free so my google reader page doesn't refresh when I tab back to it is getting annoying.

It's true that Apple's native multitasking model is inherently more memory efficient than what's on android, and that my iP4 can regularly open 8-10 apps without running out of RAM, while my iPad can only do 2-3. Based on that, I'd say without a resolution bump, 512 MB should probably be "enough" for the new model.
    Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible. -- M.C. Escher
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge. -- D.J. Boorstin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Ah yes, missed that
    No worries. However to be fair, there are tons of people who post crap like that. "OMG PS3 > iPhone 4"

I hate to sound like a broken record, but why is this in "iPhone News"?

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

i would aleast like to see better screen on ipad2 =( .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast