+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Blackberry Messenger May Be Coming to iOS

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by mm8 extremely popular BB IM yeah right, I NEVER seen anybody using it....can you say Yahoo, AOL, MSN, Novell groupwise, Lync, but BB messenger I never ever
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mm8 View Post
    extremely popular BB IM yeah right, I NEVER seen anybody using it....can you say Yahoo, AOL, MSN, Novell groupwise, Lync, but BB messenger I never ever seen anybody using it, maybe .01% of all IM users. Let's face it besides email BB does not have anything else worth using. Period.
    Wow you must not get out much to "NEVER" see anyone using BBM. I can list at least 50 people off the top of my head that have BB and use BBM all the time. That's just people I know. I would love to have BBM on my iPhone because of this.

Sure there are 3rd party apps out there that replace it, but then everyone you know that has a BB will need to install it as well. Not very likely. Something on the iPhone that can work with BBM would be awesome.

Thanks

a year to deploy?????, in what world this ppl live???

Thanks

Default LiveProfile
    By the time RIM releases those apps, LiveProfile will have already dominated. LiveProfile is still relatively new and its supports a lot of what BBM supports except it is already out for the iPhone, Android and it is supposed to be released for Blackberyy within this week. I have personally used both bbm and LiveProfile and I believe that LiveProfile is better. It has a nicer UI and its cross-platform.

Thanks

haha! RIM is a company on the verge of losing a lot of $$, due to the fact they are stuck in the 90's! Blackberry's look and operate almost exactly as they did upon launch. Same button setup, same short cuts...same same same. Don't get me wrong, if its not broken don't fix it. In this case RIM needs some fixing. Most corporations have moved to the iPhone or Android OS. It won't be long before Apple takes a larger slice of the mobile telcommunications pie, leaving RIM with the crust :]

Thanks

I could not see this happen, but would love it if it did
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Funked View Post
    This is hilarious! BBM is the ONLY thing that BlackBerry owners have over iPhone owners. My friends with BB's all argue that they couldn't own an iPhone for lack of BBM - now they have literally no argument rofl. I hope this becomes a reality!
    Same with a bunch of my friends. "I'm addicted to bbm I can't live without it"

Ever heard of text messaging?

extremely popular BB IM yeah right, I NEVER seen anybody using it....can you say Yahoo, AOL, MSN, Novell groupwise, Lync, but BB messenger I never ever seen anybody using it, maybe .01% of all IM users. Let's face it besides email BB does not have anything else worth using. Period.
    Ok this is probably the dumbest post of 2011
    Last edited by xwinger; 03-03-2011 at 02:20 PM.

Thanks

Question Hopefully BB Mail also.....
    Its been a loooonnngg time since i had a blackberry and was just thinking about how many messages I have in that inbox lol....kinda sucks not having it because I know I have something important in there

iPhone? More like MyPhone krosis's Avatar
    Thanks

I was trying to figure out what it is about BBM that BB users seem to love so much, and from searching the net a little bit it seems to be primarily either:
    • Separate delivered / read notifications
    • Free service (doesn't use plan texts, works internationally)
    It seems like a nice service, but by no means a must-have.
    Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible. -- M.C. Escher
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge. -- D.J. Boorstin

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Umm I'm new to the iPhone scene and come from a blackberry. Anyone who finds bbm ridiculous and overrated is greatly uninformed. It may not look or be the coolest looking app but I do miss it alot and wish I could go back to my bb (can't for reasons beyond my control). But yea, point is, if you dot understand the allure of bbm, you've never used it. It'd be awesome if apple could incorporate it on iOs devices.

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont see the need for this app so let blackberry waste their time it wont keep their people eventually they will flee to iOS or droid, u see what happened to nokia lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont like BB messenger. And cant decide one time fee or monthly fee. Really.....???? BB Messenger sucks anyway.

Green Apple
    Thanks

LiveProfile free at the AppStore

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have never used bbm, but hear blackberry owners praising it. Really what are the advantages over iPhones stock messages app? I wouldn't think they could send a message as fast as I could on bitesms? And bitesms is not exclusive to a certain brand of phone. Are there real advantages?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    haha! RIM is a company on the verge of losing a lot of $$, due to the fact they are stuck in the 90's! Blackberry's look and operate almost exactly as they did upon launch. Same button setup, same short cuts...same same same. Don't get me wrong, if its not broken don't fix it. In this case RIM needs some fixing. Most corporations have moved to the iPhone or Android OS. It won't be long before Apple takes a larger slice of the mobile telcommunications pie, leaving RIM with the crust :]
    YEaH because iOS has changed soooooooo much! NOT

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    i dont see the need for this app so let blackberry waste their time it wont keep their people eventually they will flee to iOS or droid, u see what happened to nokia lol
    I carry an old BB 8900 and iphone4. Just cos you dnt see the need, there will be millions that do. Go on your facebook and put your status as "shall I buy new iPhone or blackberry?" 60% will say iPhone 40% bb! Bbm is also great for when u dnt want to give out your number
    Last edited by se23; 03-03-2011 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    YEaH because iOS has changed soooooooo much! NOT

I carry an old BB 8900 and iphone4. Just cos you dnt see the need, there will be millions that do. Go on your facebook and put your status as "shall I buy new iPhone or blackberry?" 60% will say iPhone 40% bb! Bbm is also great for when u dnt want to give out your number
    Actually iOS HAS changed so much..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Funked View Post
    This is hilarious! BBM is the ONLY thing that BlackBerry owners have over iPhone owners. My friends with BB's all argue that they couldn't own an iPhone for lack of BBM - now they have literally no argument rofl. I hope this becomes a reality!
    I said the exact same thing hahaha.. I wanna watch as all my friends have no Crackberry leg to stand on =D

The end of the Crackberry's is upon us.. And soon the Hemorrhoid's will be forgotten too haha =P

mm8
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xwinger View Post
    Same with a bunch of my friends. "I'm addicted to bbm I can't live without it"

Ever heard of text messaging?

Ok this is probably the dumbest post of 2011

right...you and the other poster from Canada, where BB is from ARE the dumbest posts of 2011...I have been forcefully using BB for 5 years at work Blackberry SUCKS !!!
    Last edited by mm8; 03-03-2011 at 08:56 PM.

Thanks
    Do you live under a rock?
    White iPhone 4S - 32GB
    Black iPhone 4 - 32GB
    White iPad 2 - 32GB
    MacBook Air 1.86 Ghz OSx Lion

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Would be nice for those that have BB for business and use iOS or Android for personal use. This way they would not have to carry the BB all the time.

mm8
    Green Apple
    Thanks

BB does and they keyboard that sucks