+ Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 121

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPad 2 vs. The Competition

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by iSteed Not so bright huh? If by bright you mean lemming or fanboi then no. It's funny, I have been an iphone/ipad user since launch and the
...
  1. #81
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    82
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iSteed View Post
    Not so bright huh?
    If by bright you mean lemming or fanboi then no. It's funny, I have been an iphone/ipad user since launch and the second I disagree with the whole "jesus made the iphone with the help of chuck norris" mentality people start turning. Many of you are simply saying it's better but cannot give a solid reason why. If Steve Jobs packaged all his bowel movements and called it iCrap many of you would buy it and say it is the best smelling crap ever.

    It's people like you that are the reason I own stock. Because we can tell you what to buy and not give a valid reason and you will buy it and defend it till your last drop of blood because it's the flavor of the year. The ipad is a good product, not great, but good. I'm not wasting another 900 bucks for slight upgrades. This is like going from the 3G to the 3GS.

    Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Sorry but no, Android can be easily scaled up but whats the point?

    It'd be just like Android Froyo but with more space between icons and widgets.

    The iPad OS looks exactly like iPhone OS, same push notifications, same unlock slider, same UI, only apps were converted for a bigger screen.

    Google redesigned everything for Honeycomb and it looks nice and they did a good job. At least you can tell its not based of Android Froyo.
    Thank you! Finally someone sees the logic here!
    Last edited by squassss; 03-03-2011 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  2. #82
    iPhoneaholic NSXrebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    407
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 30 Times in 27 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    cuz they often report about OSX and i get a good laugh at people defending iOS4 products without trying them and saying something is better 'just cuz it is'....truly brings me joy and laughs.
    There are far better sites for reports/updates/rumors on OSX than this site.

  3. #83
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    82
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Moreno53 View Post
    LMAO at idiots still asking for flash!! 100 million + iOS devices sold and NOW flash is needed?? GTFOH!!!

    iPad2 smokes the competition and to talk about the damn cameras....REALLY?? Are the people on this board so out of touch with reality that they dont understand that how many gigapixels you have on your camera means NOTHING! RAM? WTF does it matter if the iPad is super quick (which all initial reports say it is).

    This is why Steve and CO are so far ahead of the competition, they realize this nonsense about spec wars is useless and all it does is it turns the market into a battle on sheets of paper. Its all about how well the product integrates into the users life and how well the product addresses the consumers experience with the product.
    SD Slots? Megapixels? I have said it over and over again, the best way to fail at a product is to base your design on the idiotic comments on tech blogs and message boards.
    Perfect example of a fanboi here. Only time will tell how successful this 2nd ipad will be. Apple has always done extremely well with marketing and telling people what they do and do not need. It started with the ipod and bandwagon won't be stopping any time soon.

  4. #84
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    485
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 36 Times in 31 Posts

    This whole discussion is pointless. Everyone likes different things for different reasons. Does everyone like the same automobile? Just because one has better performance or more options doesn't make it the most reliable or best looking. This applies to anything.

    People are going to buy what they like and want whether its a car, electronics, movies, or whatever. Try to convince me to like rap music or raw onions. I've tried both and just don't like 'em.

  5. #85
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by squassss View Post
    Perfect example of a fanboi here. Only time will tell how successful this 2nd ipad will be. Apple has always done extremely well with marketing and telling people what they do and do not need. It started with the ipod and bandwagon won't be stopping any time soon.
    Welcome to life. The best doesn't always win out. The best person doesn't always get the job, and the best product doesn't always sell the best.

    Are there phones and tablets with better specs out there? Sure. However who cares, if there isn't a wide spread acceptance of the product. Most of the above devices will not go beyond one or two refreshes. The electronics market is not driven by spec craving consumers. It is for the general everyday consumer that is looking for ease of use and a company that will stand behind its products.

    Apple has set a standard with it's products and marketing that everyone else is trying to emulate.

  6. #86
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    This whole discussion is pointless. Everyone likes different things for different reasons. Does everyone like the same automobile? Just because one has better performance or more options doesn't make it the most reliable or best looking. This applies to anything.

    People are going to buy what they like and want whether its a car, electronics, movies, or whatever. Try to convince me to like rap music or raw onions. I've tried both and just don't like 'em.


    You are correct. Nobody here is going to convince anyone here to buy a product that they can't stand.

  7. #87
    iPhone? More like MyPhone SirZyrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    You are correct. Nobody here is going to convince anyone here to buy a product that they can't stand.
    x2

    I think a lot of the reactions here will be more defensive than anything. We're largely biased after all.

    I dind't go through this entire thread, but did anybody post up Gizmodo's review of the Xoom?

    Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide

    I noticed a couple of interesting things, particularly:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmodo
    It feels unfinished. There's a lot "not yets." No Flash (despite being very heavily advertised), no 4G (which will require sending your tablet away for week(!)), no microSD access. No way to clear all notifications simultaneously. A crazy bug in the YouTube app makes high quality streams error out frequently. The Chrome-like UI of the browser promises more than it delivers, since it's not quite as smooth or smart as the iPad's (double tapping still ignores columns on the page, for instance). The power/lock button is in a really stupid spot. Hand a blank Xoom to people. Time how long it takes them to turn it on. Average time: 44 seconds.) No micro-USB charging. The app flood needs to happen now. ‘Specially ‘cause lotsa phone apps don't play so nicely on the tablet. Oh! You can scuff the back material with your fingernails. Like seriously, what the balls.
    Just sayin'...

  8. #88
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by squassss View Post
    Perfect example of a fanboi here. Only time will tell how successful this 2nd ipad will be. Apple has always done extremely well with marketing and telling people what they do and do not need. It started with the ipod and bandwagon won't be stopping any time soon.
    Perfect example of someone out of touch with reality. Your another moron who thinks that its the "marketing" but not the actual product. Another moron who realize that Apple products are always the gold standard that every other product gets compared to. There is a reason the newest POS from Motorola or Samsung is touted as the iPhone "killer" or the iPad "killer". THERE WOULD BE NO ANDRIOID, or XOOM or whatever COPYCAT out if it wasnt for Apple. We already know that the iPad2 will destroy every Xoom, Galaxy, PowerTab or whatever that comes out. Not because it has the best specs or because to has a 56 gigapizel rear camera....its because it provides the user with an unbeatable experience while using it.

  9. #89
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,431
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 185 Times in 145 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by squassss View Post
    They didn't have to create Honeycomb. They did so because one of the biggest complaints about tablets was that they felt like nothing more than bigger versions of the phones. Of course IOS is going to be scalable to a tablet. Why wouldn't it be? It literally functions as a larger version of the iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Sorry but no, Android can be easily scaled up but whats the point?
    It'd be just like Android Froyo but with more space between icons and widgets.
    The iPad OS looks exactly like iPhone OS, same push notifications, same unlock slider, same UI, only apps were converted for a bigger screen.
    Google redesigned everything for Honeycomb and it looks nice and they did a good job. At least you can tell its not based of Android Froyo.
    The point I was making is that Apple didn't need to redesign iOS for iPad, like Google did with Honeycomb. Early tablet makers and users were constantly complaining about Android Froyo being crap for Tablets. iOS has seemed to work much better than Froyo for Tablets with minimal redesign. It feels alot less like such a big version of a phone OS. I'm not bashing Google or Android. I havent used Honeycomb, but I think it looks awesome.

  10. #90
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    82
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by SirZyrion View Post
    x2

    I think a lot of the reactions here will be more defensive than anything. We're largely biased after all.

    I dind't go through this entire thread, but did anybody post up Gizmodo's review of the Xoom?

    Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide

    I noticed a couple of interesting things, particularly:



    Just sayin'...
    This is the kind of data we need. Actual hands on with a professional who knows how to review a device. THIS puts things into better perspective. Not fanbois with the "nuh uh" mentality. I personally will be going through each device before I buy or even upgrade from my current iPad.

    Good point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moreno53 View Post
    Perfect example of someone out of touch with reality. Your another moron who thinks that its the "marketing" but not the actual product. Another moron who realize that Apple products are always the gold standard that every other product gets compared to. There is a reason the newest POS from Motorola or Samsung is touted as the iPhone "killer" or the iPad "killer". THERE WOULD BE NO ANDRIOID, or XOOM or whatever COPYCAT out if it wasnt for Apple. We already know that the iPad2 will destroy every Xoom, Galaxy, PowerTab or whatever that comes out. Not because it has the best specs or because to has a 56 gigapizel rear camera....its because it provides the user with an unbeatable experience while using it.
    How do you know all this? Based on was research? You should probably not talk and just start saving your money for the iPad 3 which comes out in 12 months. I hear it has groundbreaking options like stereo sound and internal HDMI ports lol.
    Last edited by squassss; 03-03-2011 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  11. #91
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Niner1000RR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Posts
    283
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 27 Times in 26 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    I know its not perfect but you could always RDP or VNC to a desktop from your ipad to do all this. I do it all the time.
    Yea that's difficult when I'm walking a project, I'd have to have MyWi running and deal with the lag. And I've tried every office app I can find (Doc to Go, Office Premium, Office2, Office HD)

    lol

    Think I'm just going to take a shot at writing an app.

  12. #92
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,431
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 185 Times in 145 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by squassss View Post
    How do you know all this? Based on was research? You should probably not talk and just start saving your money for the iPad 3 which comes out in 12 months. I hear it has groundbreaking options like stereo sound and internal HDMI ports lol.
    It's called an educated guess. The first iPad destroyed competition in terms of sales. The good money is that the new iPad will do the same.

  13. #93
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    First off lets give up on the flash crap already,DOES THE ZOOM HAVE FLASH? NOOO ..exactly.. all these other tablets need more ram because there OS is s4it and it takes all that power to make it operate even remotely close to what apples products do..And why the hell is everyone complaining about the camera? Its a tablet not a camera or a cell for that matter, like im gonna walk around pointing and shooting with a tablet...lmao

  14. #94
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    82
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    It's called an educated guess. The first iPad destroyed competition in terms of sales. The good money is that the new iPad will do the same.
    The first iPad was just that... the first. It really didn't have any competition to really "destroy". This is the second and it's not even a medium sized leap from the previous iPad. Just like quinn says.. if you have an original ipad why would you care about a camera on a tablet enough to spend another 800-900 bucks for minor upgrades. The A5 is nice but not enough there to make me sell my Ipad for a new one. As for Morono's "educated guess". None of the stuff coming from his mouth has given such an impression.

  15. #95
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by squassss View Post
    This is the kind of data we need. Actual hands on with a professional who knows how to review a device. THIS puts things into better perspective. Not fanbois with the "nuh uh" mentality. I personally will be going through each device before I buy or even upgrade from my current iPad.

    Good point.


    How do you know all this? Based on was research? You should probably not talk and just start saving your money for the iPad 3 which comes out in 12 months. I hear it has groundbreaking options like stereo sound and internal HDMI ports lol.
    15 Biggest Tech Winners In 2010
    15 Biggest Tech Winners In 2010
    Apple tops loyalty in notebooks, smartphones | Electronista
    http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/2...action-rating/
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1EBIaBWLxM]YouTube - CNET Prizefight: Samsung Galaxy Tab vs. Apple iPad 3G[/ame]


    Now STFU!

    Quote Originally Posted by squassss View Post
    The first iPad was just that... the first. It really didn't have any competition to really "destroy". This is the second and it's not even a medium sized leap from the previous iPad. Just like quinn says.. if you have an original ipad why would you care about a camera on a tablet enough to spend another 800-900 bucks for minor upgrades. The A5 is nice but not enough there to make me sell my Ipad for a new one. As for Morono's "educated guess". None of the stuff coming from his mouth has given such an impression.
    Right! LOL...cuz they arent people who were waiting for the iPad2, like every person looking to buy a tablet bought an iPad and there are no more potential customers. Like how the iPhone4 wasnt a huge leap from the iPhone3gs and didnt blow the doors of every other Android phone.
    Last edited by Moreno53; 03-03-2011 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  16. #96
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    82
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Moreno53 View Post
    15 Biggest Tech Winners In 2010
    15 Biggest Tech Winners In 2010
    Apple tops loyalty in notebooks, smartphones | Electronista
    http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/2...action-rating/
    YouTube - CNET Prizefight: Samsung Galaxy Tab vs. Apple iPad 3G


    Now STFU!



    Right! LOL...cuz they arent people who were waiting for the iPad2, like every person looking to buy a tablet bought an iPad and there are no more potential customers. Like how the iPhone4 wasnt a huge leap from the iPhone3gs and didnt blow the doors of every other Android phone.
    That's the entire point. This iPad is not a giant leap forward. I would just as soon wait for an ipad 3 and play with another product for now instead of wasting my money on slight upgrades. Also, what you wrote was almost painful to read. It's like going from Arial to Wingdings. I honestly can't believe you quoted CNET. We all know they have been swinging from apples nuts for years. Although I will agree that the ipad was better than the original Galaxy Tab but that's why I bought the original ipad. As for the iphone4.... I'm not sure how you can say it's not a big jump from the 3GS.
    Last edited by squassss; 03-03-2011 at 07:48 PM.

  17. #97
    Green Apple die glocke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    pretty soon quad core android tablets will b out with a new more refined android while there wont likely b another update this year 2 the ipad. the ipad was revolutionary the the first time but now there is gonna b a TON of competition. so im probably gonna wait 4 a quad core android 3.1 tablet.
    see my tut on how to downgrade without shshhttp://modmyi.com/forums/general/743...n0wbreeze.html

  18. #98
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    174
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    well more ram = more multi tasking which is important when using dual core now i think......... no one want apps to crash because lack of ram

  19. #99
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    82
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts


  20. #100
    Green Apple neonsector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 32 Times in 8 Posts

    what Competition?
    You got the iPad then pretty much a bunch of plasticky tacky looking **** that wanna be iPads
    Excuse my French

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts