+ Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 2 vs. The Competition

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by organik Missed something big, and a major win for iPad 2 - battery life and standby. The Xoom gives 10 hours of battery life as well. Originally
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by organik View Post
    Missed something big, and a major win for iPad 2 - battery life and standby.
    The Xoom gives 10 hours of battery life as well.

Quote Originally Posted by iSteed View Post
    maybe this will help some you droid lovers that are here on apple based community forum site to decide.

Google Pulls 'Poisoned Apps' From Android Market - Pennsylvania News Story - WGAL The Susquehanna Valley
    Not sure what this is supposed to help with.
    Last edited by squassss; 03-03-2011 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LSZ33 View Post
    I think it's time to implement flash. F what you think apple,what about the consumers?
    i've had my ipad since launch and have been using iphone for a few years now... not once have felt that i missing out on anything because of not having flash support. not everyone *needs* flash as badly as you and many others may think - i have often wondering why people like this buy apple products if they're not happy with what they do/dont support

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

What competition?? lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

everyone will still be playing catchup by the end of the year iPad2 will reign supreme

iPhone? More like MyPhone iSteed's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by squassss View Post
    The Xoom gives 10 hours of battery life as well.

Not sure what this is supposed to help with.
    Not so bright huh?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by athleticswimmer View Post
    IPAD FTW!!! why? because it's literally almost the same as all of the tablets and even better than some. But the ipad has what no tablet has, APPS!!! ever heard the saying "theres an app for that" yea well with apple that has become true and you can't beat the apps. My friend has the galaxy tab and he hates apple but never says why ( jealous much?) lol. But when were playing games we always end up sharing my ipad. Once I show him the ipad 2 hopefully the android spell will stop controlling his brain and then he can be set FREE!!! jk but seriously android messed with the bull and got the horns, let the games begin.
    ur a freaking idiot. u sound like a complete moron. damn fan boys.

Quote Originally Posted by daffysam22 View Post
    FYI: The "720p HD" rear camera is <1 Megapixel... not that megapixels has much to do with the quality of a digital photograph anyhow (I'm sure all of those devices suck), but don't expect to print a nice high-res photo.
    because u tested all the other devices and u can confirm that they all 'suck' right? u have no brain. another fan boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Amount of RAM is kind of meaningless actually. It all has to do with the efficiency of the OS. Even with multitasking the iPad 2 will not need more than 512MB of RAM since the screen is the same resolution. Apple has not reported the amount of RAM either so until ifixit does a tear down no one will know for sure.
    RAM does matter...who told u it doesnt. if iOS4 had real multitasking then you know that RAM matters. it doesnt take much to put an app on PAUSE. so i can see why iOS4 doesnt need that much RAM. but for those OSes that actually have real multitasking, RAM matters and they all have more. dont try to cover it up.
    Last edited by Iman07; 03-03-2011 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

If its about the OS, why do you even need an iPad when it looks EXACTLY like the iPhone 4?!?!? If its about software,why do you need the latest iPhone or iPad when the previous generations will get the same OS and same features.
    Same square icons, same push notifications, well just an upscaled iPhone OS.

Also Honeycomb is actually better and nicer than iOS, just that Xoom sucks.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    ur a freaking idiot. u sound like a complete moron. damn fan boys.

because u tested all the other devices and u can confirm that they all 'suck' right? u have no brain. another fan boy.
    You know what??... i am sick and tired of coming in to this forum and seeing this crap. If you want your droid crap go buy it. There is a reason why apple's products sell the way they do. It's very simple to figure out who is best. There are tons and tons of side by side field test comparisons of these devices....All of them that are available!!!! GOOGLE it! Then base your decisions on what you need and what you think is best. I've clearly made my decision..... So I guess I'm a "fanboy"... I guess that why I'm on this site....hmmm wow! go figure

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    True... But the Xoom is a overgrown mot handheld as well. Have fun with your xoom. I am sure it will work fine. My money for this one goes to the iPad... as far as screen res... really? I don't see too many people noticing a difference. My MBP has a lower res than my i7 sony. However, to the eye my MBP looks better.

People often worry about numbers and size. side by side comparison will be needed with regards to speed and resolution for visual appeal.
    it looks better because ur brain is telling u that "its apple...so its better". a person with normal eyes would see that the higher resolution would be better.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    it looks better because ur brain is telling u that "its apple...so its better". a person with normal eyes would see that the higher resolution would be better.
    Why are you even on this website??? Please enlighten me?

Thanks

cuz they often report about OSX and i get a good laugh at people defending iOS4 products without trying them and saying something is better 'just cuz it is'....truly brings me joy and laughs.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SwatPac View Post
    You are the only person I have ever heard complain about the iPhone 4 being low on memory. I could run all my apps, and still have ram to spare on my iPhone 4. If you think the iPhone 4 is bad, I would like to see what you would have to say about all the crapdroid devices out there. Trying to use one of those p.o.s phones is a f-ing nightmare!
    So your telling me you never had to close any apps from the multitasking task bar to free up memory? If so, your the biggest liar on the planet. Your obviously not conscious about how much memory the apps are actually using. I don't think the iPhone 4 is bad otherwise I wouldn't own one myself. I am not alone, there are others complaining as well. People like you (fanboys) are sad human beings who get upset when people say the slightest bad thing about the iPhone and bring up competitors to explain who is superior.
    Last edited by xclusiveiphone; 03-03-2011 at 03:39 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

uhhhhhhh no, its all about everything together working together and the final product it produces...........

you can have an os thats beautiful, but without hardware that can run it you're s*** out of luck. you can have awesome hardware, but without a good os all you have is a bunch of synthetic and natural materials.......

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Should also include battery life/specs

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    So your telling me you never had to close any apps from the multitasking task bar to free up memory? If so, your the biggest liar on the planet. Your obviously not conscious about how much memory the apps are actually using. I don't think the iPhone 4 is bad otherwise I wouldn't own one myself. I am not alone, there are others complaining as well.
    Im not a big fan of the task switcher myself and there are many people who do not kill the apps in the task switcher. Apple should include a way to kill all and maybe even warn of a low memory condition. There is a cure for this in Cydia. = remove background and a seperate SBsettings toggle.. and you can make exceptions.. works beautiful

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    I think it's a testament to iOS that it started out as a Phone OS, and was so easily scalable for a Tablet Device, the same cannot be said for Android, they had to go back and design Honeycomb specifically for Tablets.
    Sorry but no, Android can be easily scaled up but whats the point?

It'd be just like Android Froyo but with more space between icons and widgets.

The iPad OS looks exactly like iPhone OS, same push notifications, same unlock slider, same UI, only apps were converted for a bigger screen.

Google redesigned everything for Honeycomb and it looks nice and they did a good job. At least you can tell its not based of Android Froyo.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ohthatguyagain View Post
    Are you sure it's an iPhone FOUR?? 512 is more than enough to handle all the ridiculous crap I install and run: and I'm a heavy user.

Many people who are brand new to purchasing an apple product still believe that processor speed and ram are somehow comparable to other products or even relevant to the purchase. Apple (recent as of post-2000 era) does not release a product that isn't guaranteed to work smoothly. CPU and RAM are irrelevant. Compare actual usage. The os's of apple are so much better than the competition that apple has been selling hardware to accompany it's software for longer than most competitors have been in the computing industry.

In the end, Os efficiency makes all the difference. Don't believe me? Compare your iPhone four to that motorola brick or the htc drywall.
    Who ever said OS efficiency isn't important? Even a dummy know how important it is. I'm saying its not as efficient as I would expected to be. Yes your another fanboy comparing iPhone to competition.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

LMAO at idiots still asking for flash!! 100 million + iOS devices sold and NOW flash is needed?? GTFOH!!!

iPad2 smokes the competition and to talk about the damn cameras....REALLY?? Are the people on this board so out of touch with reality that they dont understand that how many gigapixels you have on your camera means NOTHING! RAM? WTF does it matter if the iPad is super quick (which all initial reports say it is).

This is why Steve and CO are so far ahead of the competition, they realize this nonsense about spec wars is useless and all it does is it turns the market into a battle on sheets of paper. Its all about how well the product integrates into the users life and how well the product addresses the consumers experience with the product.
    SD Slots? Megapixels? I have said it over and over again, the best way to fail at a product is to base your design on the idiotic comments on tech blogs and message boards.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    If its all about the software for you then you don't need to buy the iPad 2. The iPad 1 will run 4.3 fw just like the iPad 2. You're all set!
    True. I have no need but I have the extra cash to blow.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snozberries View Post
    Could have just posted 'first'.
    You could have just not posted.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast