Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: End Of The Line for iPhone 3G : No iOS 4.3 Support

Hey look on the bright side at least those 3G owners don't have to worry about updating to a latest firmware then waiting for an unlock. If your unlocked now then just enjoy it. No more hassle for you of having to wait for an unlocked update.

But still doesn't kinda suck since you won't be getting any of the new features. But hopefully Cydia can provide that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Everyone stfu. If someone wants to keep there 3G you should be able too. No one bashes people for having old *** cars. And updating those, no one bashes people for having old *** sneakers and wearing fresh clothes, no one bashes people for listening to wu tang instead of 50 cent. Not every one in this ***** is rich to be hawking up 200 bucks every year for new firmware. I mean I do it but that's because I get lucky NOTHING MORE.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAYPIFF For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (03-04-2011), shinygerbil (03-03-2011)

I got two 3G iPhones there old an slow but on the bright side both are 8 gb of best iPods I ever had only thing I use em for now

Thanks

iPhone 3G only worked well in 3.xx..plus it's like 3yrs old time for upgrade..just told this to my co worker about it yesterday now it's official..It's slow like a slug..plus his is jailbroken no winterboard and it lags..it's best to not jailbreak a 3G iPhone
    Last edited by pacmac; 03-03-2011 at 10:31 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chillihound View Post
    iPhone 3G user should quit complaining and buy iPhone 4.

IOS is an ongoing entity, with each update it can become more capable and powerful - the 3G hardware is not powerful enough for 4.3 and obviously not upgradable.

So what can you do with wot u got? Nothing

Want to get upto date, buy iPhone 4, iPad 2 etc.

You are not screwed, you have options but to be honest most are complaining because to have the latest ios means spending cash.
    send me $300 and i will most certainly upgrade!

What most people don't get is that our economy is ****. Not EVERYONE can afford a new phone everytime one comes out.

On the other hand however, 3G users stop complaining...it's not like you get something incredible in the updates. When I had my 2g ipod and updated it all i got was a game center that i will NEVER use because the games on there suck. Personally when I got my ipod 4g i wish it could've went to 4.0 and not 4.2.1. So ur really not missing out on anything amazing. u already got a camera and stuff its a pretty decent device.
    No confundas mi personalidad con mi actitud. Mi personalidad es quien soy yo, mi actitud depende de quien seas tú.

Many people still have iPhone 2g and 3G as that's all they can afford.

Granted I fix loads of them aweek but not as much as the 3GS and 4.
    3gs iPhone 32gb-Jailbroken factory unlocked
    iPhone 4 jailbroken & factory unlocked

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    i agree
    3.1.3 on iPhone 3G made most sense. How well does 4.2.1. Run on a 3G?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JAYPIFF View Post
    Everyone stfu. If someone wants to keep there 3G you should be able too. No one bashes people for having old *** cars. And updating those, no one bashes people for having old *** sneakers and wearing fresh clothes, no one bashes people for listening to wu tang instead of 50 cent. Not every one in this ***** is rich to be hawking up 200 bucks every year for new firmware. I mean I do it but that's because I get lucky NOTHING MORE.
    You're ignorant, i'd agree with you if you didn't act like you had the mentallity of a three year old.

devices that are older shouldn't have an update dished out every year. Mostly because the newer devices capabilities are far more aggressive than the old ones and therefor the old ones cant handle it. Also its pointless to keep putting out updates for something that has mostly became obsolete. I haven't seen a 1g ipod touch or iphone in a year. Also its just more time/hassel to make the updates for them.
    No confundas mi personalidad con mi actitud. Mi personalidad es quien soy yo, mi actitud depende de quien seas tú.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pacmac View Post
    iPhone 3G only worked well in 3.xx..plus it's like 3yrs old time for upgrade..just told this to my co worker about it yesterday now it's official..It's slow like a slug..plus his is jailbroken no winterboard and it lags..it's best to not jailbreak a 3G iPhone
    Winterboard does slow the 3G down.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    3.1.3 on iPhone 3G made most sense. How well does 4.2.1. Run on a 3G?
    The secret is... SEBSETTINGS!! Its a fun jb tool that lets you manage ur device. Go to processes and kill the ones running in the background and itll go faster

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    Winterboard does slow the 3G down.
    not winterboard itself, some themes will tho like the animated ones
    Last edited by Co1d Night; 03-03-2011 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    If 3G owner's aren't happy, they need be realistic. Their phone is nearly 3 years old at this point. How many other OS's receive the kind of support Apple has had for the 3G even on 1 year old hardware??? Not Android. Not windows. Hell, go buy the newest and greatest Android phone right now and unless its got "Nexus" in its name (1 phone right now), you'll get it with an OS that's nearly a year old.

And iPhone 3G owners wanna complain about how they won't get 4.3 lol? Pathetic. Apple is so far beyond generous with its old hardware updates. Go try out Android and enjoy your firmware updates (if you ever get them at all) 6-12 months behind the curve.
    I'm very displeased. Being in Canada, when I got my iPhone 3G I had to sign a three year contract. I expect apple to support the phone to at least cover the period of my contract. ie. The product should be able to last 3 years from any given day that apple officially sold the phone to correlate with phone contract terms.

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

iOS 4, was a pretty big fail on the iPhone 3g. It mainly made the devices completely unusable.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bigorangekitty's Avatar
    Thanks

iPhone 4 is great, cannot wait for iphone 5!

My old iPhone 3G that I still own on iOS4 = used as an ipod, nothing else. Cannot be used for anything else. 3G users need to face the fact it's time to turn their 3G into an iPod and move on with life.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bigorangekitty For This Useful Post:

chillihound (03-03-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by xwinger View Post
    I think I saw an iPhone 3G in an antique shop

Anyone who still uses one doesn't know what it's like to use a good iPhone
    Or we are a little more thrifty than the rest of you. Don't generalize and claim we don't know what it's like to "use a good iPhone". I still use a 3G on 4.2.1 and though it is slower it still works just fine. 4.1 was probably the best 4.x iOS for the 3G.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Time to move on to bigger and better things.

Unfortunately it's not Apple who owns those contracts it's your carrier.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    If 3G owner's aren't happy, they need be realistic. Their phone is nearly 3 years old at this point. How many other OS's receive the kind of support Apple has had for the 3G even on 1 year old hardware??? Not Android. Not windows. Hell, go buy the newest and greatest Android phone right now and unless its got "Nexus" in its name (1 phone right now), you'll get it with an OS that's nearly a year old.

And iPhone 3G owners wanna complain about how they won't get 4.3 lol? Pathetic. Apple is so far beyond generous with its old hardware updates. Go try out Android and enjoy your firmware updates (if you ever get them at all) 6-12 months behind the curve.
    I'm sorry, but I have to completely disagree with you on this one.

I'm a technophile so I update my gadgets as quick and as frequently as my means allow me to. However, Apple willingly sold the 3G to customers less than 10 months ago! The fact that one can purchase a device and have support for it dropped in less than a year is completely unacceptable. I believe that a certain level of support can and should be expected from the manufacturer when purchasing a computer, gaming system, smartphone, etc.

Imagine if they had completely dropped support for the PowerPC Mac's less than a year after they stopped selling them.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

shinygerbil (03-03-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone nautical79's Avatar
    Thanks

I'f you are register on this website, you really like apple products, so why the heck would you have a 3g.
    Common Sense Its Not So Common

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nautical79 View Post
    I'f you are register on this website, you really like apple products, so why the heck would you have a 3g.
    Same reasons not everyone on a Ferrari fansite actually owns a Ferrari.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I have the 3Gs because I was holding out for the white iPhone 4. Never happened so getting the IPhone 5 when it comes put for sure! They will dump the 3Gs next that's for sure!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast