+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Tinkering with Scratch Resistant Metal Device Coating

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
look!!!
    Banned
    Thanks

look!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Apple Tinkering with Scratch Resistant Metal Device Coating-steelphone.jpg  

iPhone? More like MyPhone jiniej's Avatar
    Thanks

dope
    "foreign corporations > swedish law"

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jiniej View Post
    dope
    What makes u say that?

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    OR, how about you learn to take care of your very expensive electronic device?
    For those of you whining about how easy the i4 breaks, you're either too irresponsible or immature to own an i4. Sorry but big boys and girls know how to take care of their phones. If you lead such an over the edge exciting life maybe you should have a phone that can be dropped, dunked, punted, skipped or what ever you do to damage your i4 and keep the iPhone for those "special" occasions.

I personally love the look, feel, design and durablity of the i4 and I don't want a bunch of whiners that can't take care of their property to influence apple into changing it.
    Your telling me that you have NEVER dropped you phone? I'm calling BS on that, I may have not broken but sometimes it does. Not all of us have 1970's shag carpet in our house to save our phones !!!

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I would love to use my iDevices with no cases.... however that will never happen!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

iPhone? More like MyPhone chad daddy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    OR, how about you learn to take care of your very expensive electronic device?
    For those of you whining about how easy the i4 breaks, you're either too irresponsible or immature to own an i4. Sorry but big boys and girls know how to take care of their phones. If you lead such an over the edge exciting life maybe you should have a phone that can be dropped, dunked, punted, skipped or what ever you do to damage your i4 and keep the iPhone for those "special" occasions.

I personally love the look, feel, design and durablity of the i4 and I don't want a bunch of whiners that can't take care of their property to influence apple into changing it.
    It not about how we take care of it it's about the 600$ were spending to have something that covers all categories so what if he is a sky diver that like to have a retina screen. Apple should cover it like they promise.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have had my i4 without any kind of protection, including those clear screen shields and I take care of it not so well, let's say a 6/10, I have dropped it a few times, one time someone put a beer bottle on top of it went to sleep and left it there and the next morning it left a beer ring on the iPhone screen that came out with only water and a paper cloth and I haven't got any single scratch, not even a hair like scratch, I've got my i4 the first day it came out. So I really don't know how can people get their iPhone 4 scratched...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i have a tungsten carbide ring and its damn hard to scratch apple should look into that, probably to expensive, also nitriding is nothing new this has been used on tooling for a long time. I don't even see how you can patent something like this.. its like saying were going to steal their invention and use it on a phone, i guess if you have a good patent layer you can get any thing thru..

also i never understood why apple doesn't include the little dimples that are on most devices that virtually eliminate scratches.
    Last edited by akafred; 03-01-2011 at 06:02 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Lol yeah I'm with you on that one, I hate how easy the bottom of it can scratch!

If Apple wants to do this then..cool, go right ahead.
    Lol same thing here!! it scratches so easily!

iPhone? More like MyPhone nautical79's Avatar
    Thanks

How about a carbon fiber one.
    Common Sense Its Not So Common

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheJailbreakGenius View Post
    This was applied for last year, and we all new about it...
    Yeah I thought I heard about apple applying for this patent months ago. It's good to see apple is grabbing as many patents as possible. Looks as though if they cease making products they will still be making money on all of these patents

iPhone? More like MyPhone clikzip's Avatar
    Thanks

Ive had my i4 since they came out. I put it in the defender series otterbox thinking it was the best thing. Whereas i never dropped it. I ended up with severe dents and scratches to the phone itself. I have a physical job and therefore wanted shock resistance. I dont know how your phone didnt scratch at all, must be your silk pants.
    Add me up on xbox live gamertag clikzip.

Thanks

I dunno why Essany thinks this immediately applies to iDevices. Unless the next iphone comes out with a steel case, this is best used by the Macs. They scratch up like no one's business.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    Yes... then when you drop it it doesn't scratch,...

it breaks into tiny little pieces that you can superglue back together!
    Mine have yet to shatter.
    Dropped it a couple times, banged it on many things (especially walls and desks).

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12