Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Alleged iPhone 5 Part Hints Further at Sliding Cover

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Alleged iPhone 5 Part Hints Further at Sliding Cover

On Monday, a new photo of a supposed iPhone 5 part surfaced, sparking further speculation about what phsyical attributes Apple's fifth generation iPhone will sport. The image in question puts the spotlight on a 30-pin dock connector cable (part designated 821-1300-02 HF/c1.) that is rumored to be an integral part of the iPhone 5. Originating overseas, the pic first surfaced on apple.pro.

Additional details speak to the recently suspected sliding screen cover that could very well indicate the iPhone's adoption of a physical keyboard for the first time in the device's life. According to the Chinese report, other recent photos that have surfaced (specifically, of the larger edge-to-edge screen) are, in fact, fake. Of course, at this stage in the game it's impossible to decipher reality from rumors. But the apple.pro revelation suggests that Apple will take a completely different direction with the next refresh of its handset.

It's only fair to say, however, that this particular online hub of part leaks has been incredibly accurate in the past. From revealing images that foreshadowed everything from the iPod nano to the white iPhone 4, apple.pro has some serious credibility when it comes to dishing up hush-hush images of supposed new iDevice parts. If such is the case yet again in this instance, the iPhone 5 may take on an entirely new shape and appearance than its siblings of yesteryear.

Source: apple.pro (for Google Translate click here )

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (02-28-2011), Mrteacup (02-28-2011), reaves205 (02-28-2011), Snozberries (03-01-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Oh no,,,

If the iPhone has a slide out keyboard, this will be the first iPhone I will not purchase.

Who am I kidding, i'll buy it either way
    I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewie Griffin For This Useful Post:

ufcsean (02-28-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If it gets a sliding keyboard it will prob be thicker and heavier, no thanks I like sleek and sexy.

I'll pass
    -Cobra

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CobraSVT For This Useful Post:

Snozberries (03-01-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone newyork0900's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
    If the iPhone has a slide out keyboard, this will be the first iPhone I will not purchase.

Who am I kidding, i'll buy it either way
    On a more serious note, this would be a big gamble, as people love the idea of iPhones being touch screen. The possible introduction of a solid keyboard, could put people of.

Although, I agree I would still buy it

They would have to find a way to keep the phone as thin and light as it is now...otherwise I wouldn't buy it as I would likely NEVER use the slide-out keyboard. I find it much easier to type on a touchscreen.

Also, having moving parts would lessen the sturdiness of it. I like the sturdy feel of my phone.

Thanks

i would hope that if this is true then apple knows what they are doing, and will make a great looking and functional product. I'll get it.
    Thanks to all those who do what I can't
    Z - K - Wy - Bars - Blue - Li - Darkness

and many more

It isn't going to happen, it would ruin Apples image for the phone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Thanks

If this happens, i'll stick with my iPhone 4 as long as possible. If i need a new phone after that, it's time for a dumb phone or a WebOS phone.

IF, and that is a HUGE IF, there will be an iphone with a moving cover:
    Perhaps it won't be a physical keyboard, but instead another lower res touch screen devs will be able to use to display custom controls. This way your fingers aren't in the way on your screen. A physical keyboard wouldn't add any functionality that doesn't already exist. And the public has gotten so used to touchscreen interfaces that Apple doesn't stand to gain much market share from those still holding out for a physical keyboard. A physical keyboard will add cost, and more moving parts. As we all know, the more moving parts the greater the opportunity for things to break. BUT, adding an additional touch interface would add a ton more functionality and seems much more in line with Apple's thirst for the awe-factor.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to j.eck.art.3d For This Useful Post:

babyydaveyy (03-02-2011), iNT3Rv3NTiONZz (02-28-2011), kingbijan (02-28-2011), skj8100 (02-28-2011), vantheman169 (02-28-2011)

Thanks

Would never happen, apple wouldn't be messing with multi-touch gestures so much if this was the case. Besides buttons are a thing of the past

Dude anything and everything apple makes is great. Just think about it. A slide out keyboard is right up apples alley. Who better to perfect it than apple.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by newyork0900 View Post
    On a more serious note, this would be a big gamble, as people love the idea of iPhones being touch screen. The possible introduction of a solid keyboard, could put people of.

Although, I agree I would still buy it
    Physical keyboard would be ok as an additional iPhone family product like iPhone with or without a sliding keyboard option.

Seems unlikely as this would make an awkward shape for a case/bumper and there is no way Apple will give up the HUGE margin that they make on cases.

Id like to see a physical keyboard on an iphone. We will have to wait and see. I really have no clue what apple is gonna release this summer. Im pretty sure it wont be 4g compatible and im sure it will be badass

Please apple don't please please please. I wont buy it never thought I'd say that about an apple product.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Quote Originally Posted by Robsbrutal View Post
    Id like to see a physical keyboard on an iphone. We will have to wait and see. I really have no clue what apple is gonna release this summer. Im pretty sure it wont be 4g compatible and im sure it will be badass
    No there actually saying apple is working on an LTE compatible device. I'm gonna guess the iPad 2 but then again maybe not cause their saying iPad 3 in the fall.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if this is the case i will just have to stay with my 3gs or an iphone 4 till apple decides to get its **** together.

Yeah maybe the ipad but the 4g network wether it be tmobile att or verizon ect ect isnt established yet and wont be stable or wide enough in coverage for at least a year. Apple knows this and i know this because i went through it with 3g. Therefore i see apple holding off til next year. Now if you wanna talk about iphones for sprint and tmobile i can see that happening this summer for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by j.eck.art.3d View Post
    IF, and that is a HUGE IF, there will be an iphone with a moving cover:
    Perhaps it won't be a physical keyboard, but instead another lower res touch screen devs will be able to use to display custom controls. This way your fingers aren't in the way on your screen. A physical keyboard wouldn't add any functionality that doesn't already exist. And the public has gotten so used to touchscreen interfaces that Apple doesn't stand to gain much market share from those still holding out for a physical keyboard. A physical keyboard will add cost, and more moving parts. As we all know, the more moving parts the greater the opportunity for things to break. BUT, adding an additional touch interface would add a ton more functionality and seems much more in line with Apple's thirst for the awe-factor.
    That would be amazing, i lvoe that idea of a second touch screen :P

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast