Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Alleged iPhone 5 Part Hints Further at Sliding Cover

iPhone? More like MyPhone newyork0900's Avatar
    Thanks

I have discovered the real attachment, it is the best of both worlds, we get to keep the iphone as it is, but we also get a games controller.

What do you think?

Remember you saw it here first
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -p3011175.jpg  
    Last edited by newyork0900; 03-01-2011 at 11:38 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default looks like a htc 8925 cable to me look it up more false info
    looks like a htc 8925 cable to me look it up more false info

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post

On Monday, a new photo of a supposed iPhone 5 part surfaced, sparking further speculation about what phsyical attributes Apple's fifth generation iPhone will sport. The image in question puts the spotlight on a 30-pin dock connector cable (part designated 821-1300-02 HF/c1.) that is rumored to be an integral part of the iPhone 5. Originating overseas, the pic first surfaced on apple.pro.

Additional details speak to the recently suspected sliding screen cover that could very well indicate the iPhone's adoption of a physical keyboard for the first time in the device's life. According to the Chinese report, other recent photos that have surfaced (specifically, of the larger edge-to-edge screen) are, in fact, fake. Of course, at this stage in the game it's impossible to decipher reality from rumors. But the apple.pro revelation suggests that Apple will take a completely different direction with the next refresh of its handset.

It's only fair to say, however, that this particular online hub of part leaks has been incredibly accurate in the past. From revealing images that foreshadowed everything from the iPod nano to the white iPhone 4, apple.pro has some serious credibility when it comes to dishing up hush-hush images of supposed new iDevice parts. If such is the case yet again in this instance, the iPhone 5 may take on an entirely new shape and appearance than its siblings of yesteryear.

Source: apple.pro (for Google Translate click here )

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I wouldn't put it past them. Those that are saying they wouldn't gain market share by having a device with TACTILE keys are dreaming. There are plenty of people that cast the iPhone and other similar touch only phones aside for this very reason.

Also, who is to say they won't have multiple versions of their phone? As it stands, the iPhone and iPod touch is the only product that really only have one version released (discounting the storage capacity differences). Pretty much all of their other products give the consumer at least some semblance of choice.

Lastly, slideout keyboards don't add that much bulk anymore. There are plenty of phones that have slideout keyboards that have virtually the same specs as their counterparts without. We are talking millimeters *or less) difference in thickness.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork0900 View Post
    I have discovered the real attachment, it is the best of both worlds, we get to keep the iphone as it is, but we also get a games controller.

What do you think?

Remember you saw it here first
    They actually already have a phone like this...

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    I think the most likely thing Apple would do along these lines would be to put another touch screen that slides out. This way you can display all the controls for a game or video on a separate screen, rather than right on top of whatever you're trying to play or watch. That makes the most sense and still retains their original vision.
    Just make the screen bigger (4" or so). Problem solved there...
    Last edited by sziklassy; 03-01-2011 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone newyork0900's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I wouldn't put it past them. Those that are saying they wouldn't gain market share by having a device with TACTILE keys are dreaming. There are plenty of people that cast the iPhone and other similar touch only phones aside for this very reason.

Also, who is to say they won't have multiple versions of their phone? As it stands, the iPhone and iPod touch is the only product that really only have one version released (discounting the storage capacity differences). Pretty much all of their other products give the consumer at least some semblance of choice.

Lastly, slideout keyboards don't add that much bulk anymore. There are plenty of phones that have slideout keyboards that have virtually the same specs as their counterparts without. We are talking millimeters *or less) difference in thickness.

They actually already have a phone like this...

Just make the screen bigger (4" or so). Problem solved there...
    You could have been a bit more sensitive, it took hours to design that.

Thanks

Im not sure I want a keyboard...all slide phones are heavy. I thought the iPhone's biggest asset was it's OS of course but also it's sexy design...there are NO SEXY slide out phones, that i can think of....CAN YOU??

iPhone? More like MyPhone James360Petty's Avatar
    Thanks

Have we thought about a twin touch screen.... one for a full size keyboard or to be utilised as the apps see fit...... one for the display?? I honestly can't see apple putting a physical keyboard on an idevice!! That's just wrong!!!

Already said!!! My bad!!!
    Last edited by James360Petty; 03-01-2011 at 01:45 PM. Reason: My bad!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Physical Keyboard
    Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    Physical keyboard would be ok as an additional iPhone family product like iPhone with or without a sliding keyboard option.
    Agreed. Many of us would like to tell Apple right now that we would OPT OUT on the physical keyboard.
    There are companies that are already selling cases for the iphone 4 with a sliding keyboard underneath.

see link below for example:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Dobi-Design-Sliding-Bluetooth-Keyboard/dp/tags-on-product/B004JW4E7U]Amazon.com: Dobi Design Apple iPhone 4 Sliding Bluetooth Keyboard Case: Electronics[/ame]

Slide out keyboard = no need for home button = larger screen.

Physical keyboard + Larger screen?
    I would definitely buy it. I've always envied Droid users for having physical keyboards.

Thanks

Ummm...that looks like it was created with PhotoShop.

that looks like the ipad 30pin dock connector.

過兩天就發表iPad2了
    本來想要再多寫些iPad2的料
    但既然剩沒幾天了了
    我還是多給大家一些iPhone5的新聞
    大家應該比較有興趣
    Also this snippet from the source clearly says iPad2 more likely then the iPhone. Massy making up stuff again.

Plus I agree with the photoshopped statement, look at the top part where it angles, see the stretching?
    Last edited by iPhone3G[S]; 03-01-2011 at 07:12 PM.

Default Yes!
    Physical keyboard please!!!!
    It would be kinda cool if the did a regular sized iPhone with a keyboard and a bigscreen one without a keyboard, kinda like the EVO. As long its not a "me too" kind of move.

iPhone? More like MyPhone nautical79's Avatar
    Thanks

If apple thinks its good well problably it is.
    Common Sense Its Not So Common

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345