Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Alleged iPhone 5 Part Hints Further at Sliding Cover

Thanks
    The sliding keyboard would be a good way to attract Blackberry users.

i would prefer the option to have the keyboard or not have the keyboard because i dont want the keyboard at all im passed that point in life and i just want my sleek sexy iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by iFlash20 View Post
    Dude anything and everything apple makes is great. Just think about it. A slide out keyboard is right up apples alley. Who better to perfect it than apple.
    That is not apple at all... in the original iPhone conference, which you probably didn't watch, Steve Jobs shunned those keyboards. After all these years, a slide out keyboard is impossible, and would ruin the iPhone.

On second hand, Tim Cook is running the company.

HOLY SH*T!

If it has a sliding keyboard I will buy it. I would never make a habit of buying the next year's phone, just the 2nd next year, but I will replace my iPhone4 for the newer one IF it has a sliding keyboard. I can't type without my eyes with a smooth screen.

I'm not in favor of a sliding keyboard. This is a draw back.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nickaroni22 For This Useful Post:

AkkeDaBest (02-28-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by zygersaf View Post
    That would be amazing, i lvoe that idea of a second touch screen :P
    That would be cool, but someone already released a tablet that has two touchscreens, and it isn't selling too well, I hear.

On the second hand, Tim Cook is running the company.

On the third hand, Apple's chief engineer is leaving for england, they could never coordinate this.

On the fourth hand, there really is no third hand.

Thanks
    Orite guys, I'm not concerned at all about this. Rumours are rumours and this might well be a prototype of some kind. The keyboard won't happen, it isn't apple. And as earlyer menitoned steve even bashed and crushed the keyboards at the original iPhone's keynote.

If, however, this happens, then I'm gonna spend my saved 700 on something else than upgrading my 3GS.
    Last edited by AkkeDaBest; 02-28-2011 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Typ'oh lol

I'm gonna go with this not happening. If it does. I will buy it an then throw it on eBay and keep my i4. I'm extremely happy with this phone. I love multi touch gestures and touch screen keyboard. I can't see changing this. But I dunno

What says that is an iPhone part? Could just as easily be an iPad part. Man the wild speculation around here is horrible.

a lot of i phones on kijiji here because the users cant stand the touch screens and are are going back to blackberry. i wouldn't mind a keyboard but could live without it also..

apple probably wants a larger share of the business market..

This looks like it is for the Verizon iPhone, the dock connector and microphone are in the exact same spots as on the iPhone 4's dock connector.
    Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by j.eck.art.3d View Post
    IF, and that is a HUGE IF, there will be an iphone with a moving cover:
    Perhaps it won't be a physical keyboard, but instead another lower res touch screen devs will be able to use to display custom controls. This way your fingers aren't in the way on your screen. A physical keyboard wouldn't add any functionality that doesn't already exist. And the public has gotten so used to touchscreen interfaces that Apple doesn't stand to gain much market share from those still holding out for a physical keyboard. A physical keyboard will add cost, and more moving parts. As we all know, the more moving parts the greater the opportunity for things to break. BUT, adding an additional touch interface would add a ton more functionality and seems much more in line with Apple's thirst for the awe-factor.
    My thought exactly. I just don't see a physcial keyboard on the iPhone. The first thing I thought of was the Kyocera phone that was recently demo'd. When I saw it, I thought, "Man, Apple could pull that off way better.". Well, maybe they will..

Kyocera Pimps Dual-Screen Android Smartphone | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhUDmRzz9ac]Kyocera Video Demo [/ame]

Just think...micro bezel +2 retina displays???
    Last edited by InDashMP3; 02-28-2011 at 03:38 PM.

This actually proves nothing. The current iPhone 4 has the exact same part in it with a different part number. The design has not changed in any way, shape, or form.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I think a slide out keyboard is a great idea. Hopefully it will also have game controls and a trackpad. It would be the best phone ever if it gets jailbroken.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

It won't happen, until I see a leak like the iPhone 4 last year or Xperia Play, its all rumours.

It also goes against what Apple said "how you can't add a new key to a hardware keyboard".

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

What a disaster. So many nice iPhone designs on google.com and they are going towards physical keyboard.

Maybe this is Apple's phone that said it will compete with android the smaller version of iPhone.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j.eck.art.3d View Post
    IF, and that is a HUGE IF, there will be an iphone with a moving cover:
    Perhaps it won't be a physical keyboard, but instead another lower res touch screen devs will be able to use to display custom controls. This way your fingers aren't in the way on your screen. A physical keyboard wouldn't add any functionality that doesn't already exist. And the public has gotten so used to touchscreen interfaces that Apple doesn't stand to gain much market share from those still holding out for a physical keyboard. A physical keyboard will add cost, and more moving parts. As we all know, the more moving parts the greater the opportunity for things to break. BUT, adding an additional touch interface would add a ton more functionality and seems much more in line with Apple's thirst for the awe-factor.
    Awesome idea man, awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

I bet if it has a slide out, it will still be thin and sleek. Apple will figure a way to make it like that so it will be different.

that is one choppy laggy phone, i got frustrated just watching the video.. hope they improve that before releasing!!

Quote Originally Posted by InDashMP3 View Post
    Kyocera Pimps Dual-Screen Android Smartphone

Just think...micro bezel +2 retina displays???

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Apple are more likely to release an iPhone running Android OS before they put a physical keyboard anywhere near an iPhone.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast