+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TruPrint Expands Jailbroken iDevice Printing Capabilities

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
dont have a wifi printer but used airprint activator for windows. Found my printer and connected fine. However sent to printer and nothing happened. So either my printer isnt compatible
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

dont have a wifi printer but used airprint activator for windows. Found my printer and connected fine. However sent to printer and nothing happened. So either my printer isnt compatible or the airprint activator isnt working.

model is epson nx415

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Truprint printed pages and pages and pages of gibberish to my Epson workforce 610 for a brief email print. Also, I couldn't cancel the job once it began, eventually the printer jammed and now I have a replacement on the way.

I'm not blaming truprint for breaking my printer, but it basically did.

Previously known as psuskeels
    Thanks

scottjl: PDF Printer has been added to TruPrint 2.0

All - TruPrint 2.x adds a tremendous amount of support for a variety of additional printers including Epson, Brother, HP, Lexmark, and Canon printers that appear in the manufacturer's iOS printing app. For these printers, we've also added Color/BW control and Duplex support for HP, Brother, and Epson.

Additionally - Printer discovery is much faster, and there's more support for printers that are not supported as per above.

We knew at launch we couldn't possibly have 100% success rate with every printer (there are literally thousands out there). It took us about 10 days to catch up with all the reports of the printers working/not working and 2.x is a best effort to support a huge amount of new printers as quickly as possible. Feel free to report back and thanks for your patience and support!
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have had truprint for awhile now. when i first got it worked with ALL of my printers!! but since 2.X i have lost support for all but 1, my L7700 hp officejet pro. It always wants to use hp iprint which only does inkjet printers. I NEED laser support. hp p4014n and p3005dn are my laser printers. PLEASE FIX A ONCE GREAT, NOW ****** APP

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twitchthecat View Post
    Truprint printed pages and pages and pages of gibberish to my Epson workforce 610 for a brief email print. Also, I couldn't cancel the job once it began, eventually the printer jammed and now I have a replacement on the way.

I have been using truprint with my epson sx515W without any issues at all, it was great. Then recently like yours when i try to print it either wont print at all or it spews out page after page of gibberish, only way i can stop it once it starts is to physically remove the power cord from the printer.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi

i get the same gibberish with my EPSON PX700W ethernet wired (printer hasn't gone bust though!). I had to turn it off to stop the process.

cheers

bob

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobdenar View Post
    Hi

i get the same gibberish with my EPSON PX700W ethernet wired (printer hasn't gone bust though!). I had to turn it off to stop the process.

cheers

bob
    Me too I have that problem with my brother mfc-9840!!!! Fix the stupid app intelliborn!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have contacted truprints support and provided a log from 1 of my iphone4's, i got a reply asking me all the usual stuff, have i updated my ios version, did i update truprint, have i installed anything else recently. I explained that it was working perfectly on both my iphone4s and my ipad untill the latest update which was suppose to add greater printer support but that after this update it didnt work, since that i have not heard back from them.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi guys, any news yet?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobdenar View Post
    hi guys, any news yet?
    Ive had no repsonce for there support since sending the syslog to them.
    i have emailed them since requesting more information but they ignore my emails.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi guys

I tried to connect the printer wireless over the weekend, but Trueprint could not even see it!!

has anyone been able to deal with this kind of printer? (PX700W either wireles or not)

cheers

bob

Green Apple
    Thanks

For those of you having trouble printing to Epson printers and are receiving pages of gibberish, I was just able to resolve this for my Workforce 630. You will need to manually install your printer. If it's an Epson the following has Linux drivers for Epson printers: Linux Driver | AVASYS CORPORATION. Find your printer and download the correct driver. You'll need some sort of unarchiver to find the .ppd driver file within the package. Once you've extracted the PPD open up TruPrint on your iPhone, launch the CUPS Management page. Choose the admin page and then allow remote administration. Now browse to your iphone's IP at port 631 (http://myipaddress:631). Go to the admin page on your computer and choose modify printer, then once it shows your printer choose modify again. After going through the steps leaving it all as is, the last page should have the driver and it's going to be a generic one. Choose to upload your PPD file on this page, once that's done, reboot your phone.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123