+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TruPrint Expands Jailbroken iDevice Printing Capabilities

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Can this print to a printer that is connected to an AirPort extreme?
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Can this print to a printer that is connected to an AirPort extreme?

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Way to go guys! I think will be expanding this soon (hope) but I'm sure it'll still be a small list.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Just a note, but the OP should edit the information. This does NOT work with anything lower than 4.2 and it's NOT compatible with 4.0.1 like stated.

From Cydia: "This product requires iPhoneOS 4.2."
    Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    Your an ignorant moron!
    fail

iPhone? More like MyPhone ismoothproject's Avatar
    Thanks

Warning!!!! If you have a Mac you can modify a couple of system files on your Mac to share your printer over AirPrint for free! I dont remember the link but I have done it myself and use it! It works great! Google it because it is 100% free no pirating!!!!
    ModMyi Rocks!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default AirPrint
    You can get a free tool called AirprintActivater for Mac/PC and it works fine for my non-Airprint printers. Plus one of my printers works with Airprint that I got free with my iMac

Link to the Printer with Airprint supportfree with Mac purchase!!!

Would be cool if I could not install AirprintActivator on all machines. But I can so this is useless.
    Last edited by jsweeney800; 02-28-2011 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

HP Photosmart C4580 worked first time!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ticko's Avatar
    Thanks

well it finds my printer fine, but won't print. Occasionally it returns the error saying my printer is offline, but other times it wont say anything and acts like it should be printed. I have tried when printer is asleep awake, and all other ways...cant seem to get it to work...too bad its with a brand new printer too

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ticko View Post
    well it finds my printer fine, but won't print. Occasionally it returns the error saying my printer is offline, but other times it wont say anything and acts like it should be printed. I have tried when printer is asleep awake, and all other ways...cant seem to get it to work...too bad its with a brand new printer too

Yeah am having the same issues with my HP photosmart C4795

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jsweeney800 View Post
    You can get a free tool called AirprintActivater for Mac/PC and it works fine for my non-Airprint printers. Plus one of my printers works with Airprint that I got free with my iMac

Link to the Printer with Airprint supportfree with Mac purchase!!!

Would be cool if I could not install AirprintActivator on all machines. But I can so this is useless.
    Yep, I use that. It works perfectly on my Kodak printer.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Steps to Enable AirPrint on Mac, so it can recognize your wireless printer.
    Print from iPhone, iPad or iPod you dont need TruPrint so your iPhone can recognize your printer with this method.

Steps to Enable AirPrint on Mac

Make sure you have Mac OS X and iTunes updated to the latest version. Download the AirPrint Activation files given here and copy them into following three specific system locations:

urftopdf to location /usr/libexec/cups/filter/
    apple.convs to location /usr/share/cups/mime/
    apple.types to location /usr/share/cups/mime/
    Now go to System Preferences. You will have to delete your printer and add it again. Now share the printer like you normally do.

That’s it we’re done. Now click Print on any media like webpage, email, attachments etc. on your iPhone and you should be able to see your printer listed.

Its very intuitive and there are no settings or toggle on the iOS end. You just click on Print in any App on the phone and it will show you the available printer options.

Works perfect for me... Try it out, works on any wireless printer shared from your Mac.
    Last edited by javiert30; 03-01-2011 at 07:26 AM.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Works like a charm - Had to open some TCP/UDP ports on it's IP Address, but she's working perfectly!

Thanks

NOT Bad, shame I already have n app called Print Central which didn't cost $9.99 but does the same thing.
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone5 16GB(Evasion Jailbreak
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Mavericks
    Cydia Account #895872

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Only bummer is it doesn't print in color for me. Everything is black & white with TruPrint. When I use the app Print N Share with the native iOS printing it does print color. Anyone experience this too?

Thanks

i hardly print to paper these days, just print to a pdf file and save to dropbox is all i need. also, i'm not a fan of intelliborn's pricing, most iOS apps you buy once, run on all your devices, having to re-purchase their apps for every device i own gets too expensive.

allow me to buy once and install on all my apps and i'd be much more likely to purchase. add a print to pdf feature and even more so.

Previously known as psuskeels
    Thanks

scottjl: You can actually install on up to 5 devices (we've changed that when we started selling via Cydia). It actually in most cases does print to pdf - so thanks for the feedback
    sami4021: Nope - no support via airport extreme. No USB-Only printers will work (must be a network printer)
    javiert30: Yes - you can print from your iDevice through your mac. But why would you? Print directly from your iDevice to your printer. (Works great especially when you're not at home by your mac).

All: Thanks for the feedback on which printers are working (and the one's that do not . Enjoy!
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skeels For This Useful Post:

javiert30 (03-01-2011), scottjl (03-03-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am having problems printing to a Dell V305 wifi printer, my iPad recognises my printer TP_Dell_Dell_V305 and it says printing but nothing happens. I have noticed that when I have my computer on I get another printer option that says Dell 305 but has a pad lock next to it. When I try and choose this it asks for username and password. I am not sure what to put in there or which printer option I should choose. I can print from my laptop to my printer with no problems. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Looks cool but I havent tried it yet.

Thanks

of course its $9.99

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by and1gator View Post
    Only bummer is it doesn't print in color for me. Everything is black & white with TruPrint. When I use the app Print N Share with the native iOS printing it does print color. Anyone experience this too?
    I have an older HP8450 network printer. With HP Print I can print color photo's. With Truprint I also only can print black and white and Truprint will not print to the 4x6 photo tray either. Very strange as my other printing apps have not problem printing in color. I've had other intelliborn apps and they are expensive. Glad there was a trial before paying $9.99. I've written to Truprint-Intelliborn support. I would purchase this if it really gave me all around printing, all apps including photo's in color thru airprint. From my point of view, this 1st release of truprint just doesn't give me the reason to spend $9.99.

Was frustrated by TruPrint and annoyed at $9.99 price tag for something that did not work. I looked up how to enable airprint on Windows and it worked, printed in color and for free! Still trying to print on off my photo tray, having a little difficulty with that.

Enable Airprint in Windows and use any printer
    Last edited by emkers; 03-02-2011 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

@psuskeels thanks for the response! i wasn't aware of the change in policy allowing up to 5 devices.

regarding print-to-PDF, are you saying that truprint can print and save a PDF file to my iOS device that i can save off later to a desktop, or email, or save to a service like dropbox?