+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Unlocks Coming After 4.3 Drops: Dev-Team

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Lets wait the for tomorrow then
    iPhone? More like MyPhone nautical79's Avatar
    Thanks

Lets wait the for tomorrow then
    Common Sense Its Not So Common

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm on 4.0 jb/unlocked on my 3GS which I am currently using, I'm on 4.2.1 with newest baseband on my iPhone 4 which I just picked up. My question is should I stay up tonight to jailbreak my iPhone 4 before they drop the new firmware or can I just wait to do everything (jb/unlock) when the unlock is released. (I don't have any shsh backups) thanks in advance community!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    cant wait. didnt want to use 4.2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Italia411 View Post
    I'm on 4.0 jb/unlocked on my 3GS which I am currently using, I'm on 4.2.1 with newest baseband on my iPhone 4 which I just picked up. My question is should I stay up tonight to jailbreak my iPhone 4 before they drop the new firmware or can I just wait to do everything (jb/unlock) when the unlock is released. (I don't have any shsh backups) thanks in advance community!!
    This is an excellent question. If your phone was originally an unlocked phone that was not originally a U.S. iphone, my advise would be to jailbreak it now. I just jail broke an iphone 4 with 4.2.1 software for a friend of mine who bought his phone in Hong Kong with no problem. I used Greenpoison rc5 which worked very well. No one knows if the current jailbreak software will handle iOS 4.3 (as you suggest may be released tonight, who knows?), so yes, do it under this condition.

If however your phone was originally a U.S. locked phone, then unlocked, I would first start by finding out what baseband you have, and if a jailbreak will change the baseband. There has been conditions like this where it happened. What is your current baseband?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FrankfromShanghai View Post
    This is an excellent question. If your phone was originally an unlocked phone that was not originally a U.S. iphone, my advise would be to jailbreak it now. I just jail broke an iphone 4 with 4.2.1 software for a friend of mine who bought his phone in Hong Kong with no problem. I used Greenpoison rc5 which worked very well. No one knows if the current jailbreak software will handle iOS 4.3 (as you suggest may be released tonight, who knows?), so yes, do it under this condition.

If however your phone was originally a U.S. locked phone, then unlocked, I would first start by finding out what baseband you have, and if a jailbreak will change the baseband. There has been conditions like this where it happened. What is your current baseband?
    My 3GS is j/b and unlocked on baseband 05.13.04 and my 4 is on 03.10.01 not j/b + unlocked(yet). They were both USA locked. Thanks for taking the time to help me so I don't miss out

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Italia411- My pleasure to help. Since you are on 4.2.1 bb 03.10.01 and want to jailbreak and unlock the phone, I have to first mention that unfortunately an unlock for your software and bb is not yet available, as you may already know. I'm also waiting for an unlock to be released for my iphone 4 with iOS 4.1 bb 02.01.04. If I am not mistaken, we both have to wait until iOS 4.3 is released, and ultrasn0w 2.2 is released. Please refer to these events instead of all the speculative dates from the bloggers.

I infer that you are concerned about the bb changing if you jailbreak now, thus prohibiting you from unlocking the phone when this software is released. This is more of a concern if you have bb 01.59.00, not for your bb. I jail broke mine and am waiting on the unlock which helps the waiting period.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by delusion950 View Post
    I can wait for all baseband unlock. As long as they get all the codes and packages together and right I can wait.

MucleNerd is not saying anythin because those that like to be pushy and ask everyday when you tell them there is a unlock " When is it going to be released ", " Release it greedy what are you waiting for ". Kind of what pushed GeoHot away at some point. This way he can work in peace without being annoyed by those that don't do sh**t but annoy the dev-team.
    Definitely agreed.

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

will there be a jailbreak for 4.3?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Good news for those awaiting the unlock for 4.1. We will pass 50% of the hurdle on March 11th when iOS 4.3 is released. Then we need to be on the look out for release of ultrasn0w 2.2.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FrankfromShanghai View Post
    Italia411- My pleasure to help. Since you are on 4.2.1 bb 03.10.01 and want to jailbreak and unlock the phone, I have to first mention that unfortunately an unlock for your software and bb is not yet available, as you may already know. I'm also waiting for an unlock to be released for my iphone 4 with iOS 4.1 bb 02.01.04. If I am not mistaken, we both have to wait until iOS 4.3 is released, and ultrasn0w 2.2 is released. Please refer to these events instead of all the speculative dates from the bloggers.

I infer that you are concerned about the bb changing if you jailbreak now, thus prohibiting you from unlocking the phone when this software is released. This is more of a concern if you have bb 01.59.00, not for your bb. I jail broke mine and am waiting on the unlock which helps the waiting period.
    The 4.3 is out can I unlock and jailbreak 4.2.1 (8c148) bb 03.10.01

Thanks
    Thanked 14,190 Times in 6,648 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cmds187 View Post
    4.3 isn't out yet

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cmds187 View Post
    yeah, go ahead and upgrade. you can jailbreak now, the unlock will be out in a few days.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,680 Times in 831 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    yeah, go ahead and upgrade. you can jailbreak now, the unlock will be out in a few days.
    Stop messin' with people. The jailbreak isn't out yet.

Thanks

I think he meant he can just update to 4.2.1 now and jailbreak to wait for the unlock to come out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lolztheInternet View Post
    will there be a jailbreak for 4.3?
    Yes, you can't unlock without jailbreaking first. Dev-Team announced an unlock for 4.3, so there will be jailbreaking tools. First for the iPhone 4, and then later for the 3GS.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    I think he meant he can just update to 4.2.1 now and jailbreak to wait for the unlock to come out.

No, he was right, I was messing with him. I hate when people don't read.

Green Apple
    Thanks

LOL. I think they're trying to eat up the proverbial "black market".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    I thought 4.3 is JB already ( per the posts) as the unlock is ready as well.
    There are tethered jailbreaks available for the GM 4.3 already, nothing official or untethered yet though since 4.3 hasn't been released to the public yet.

Thanks

I wouldn't get too excited for an unlock. Nothing concrete has been mentioned about an unlock and at this point we are going to see hardware updates in a few months. Apple is definitely winning this cat and mouse game. Unless we get (pleasantly) surprised with a 4.3 unlock, that'll be a grand total of 1 unlock for the iP4.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    I wouldn't get too excited for an unlock. Nothing concrete has been mentioned about an unlock and at this point we are going to see hardware updates in a few months. Apple is definitely winning this cat and mouse game. Unless we get (pleasantly) surprised with a 4.3 unlock, that'll be a grand total of 1 unlock for the iP4.
    What about the unlock for 1.59? Or the earlier bb on iPhone 4? There's atleast 2 out for iPhone 4 now so a grand total of one is wrong.