+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Unlocks Coming After 4.3 Drops: Dev-Team

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Whole different ballgame with the Verizon iPhone since it is CDMA.
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,045 Times in 6,932 Posts

Whole different ballgame with the Verizon iPhone since it is CDMA.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ash3s2012 View Post
    Is there any way that they can unblock the Verizon iPhone as well or that is different technology?
    The Verizon iPhone is not locked. Difficult to "full flash" presently, but it's not locked to Verizon. There are already people who have gotten it to OTA for talk and text on Cricket.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ash3s2012's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gotanmp3 View Post
    The Verizon iPhone is not locked. Difficult to "full flash" presently, but it's not locked to Verizon. There are already people who have gotten it to OTA for talk and text on Cricket.
    I didn't know tho thanks

Thanks

Yeah and how many times do we get told this??

Thanks

How I interpret MN and Sherif:

They have an AT command (and/or other vectors for code injection) to crash the baseband of the i4 for all basebands through 04.10.01 (4.3b3). My gut suspicion is they also have the actual ThreadX process to patch the RAM to allow the baseband to accept any SIM (my intuition tells me it's a re-used or minimally patched task from the ultrasn0w 1.2 release).

What I interpret their hangup to be is the actual calling and invocation of the necessary AT commands to start the unlock (or whatever other injection vector they use)--currently ultrasn0w 1.2 requires MobileSubstrate to get access to the baseband and thus the unlock.

Even Minicom over Terminal/SSH requires some extra hackery to get manual AT commands working on the iPhone 4. With ASLR in iOS 4.3, those hackery-type tricks may stop working, or need changes... or any number of other new, unforseen roadblocks.

TL,DR: I think the concept and exploit are done (or close), now they're just working on execution and day-to-day stability.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ash3s2012 View Post
    I didn't know tho thanks
    Me too I shall let my friend know.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

Finally!!!!! this is awesome, i've been waiting since november for this

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

Listen, it's great news, but as others have said, this means nothing the GM for 4.3 has been pushed, and pushed for many, many, many reasons! Not all hardware, or software. This is delaying the release. I've heard of a lot of the basebands have been crashed, just needed to figure out injection. As well, they are keeping an even more low profile due to Apple cracking down on our unlocks!

Last thing anyone wanted was an unlock before 4.3 really went to GM, so Apple had a chance to fix, and close the hole. I've been working on some crashing my self, and getting commands to do this is not always hard 3Gs, 5.14.02, but finding a good way to get them running, an stable. One phone I think I've bricked the modem. I'm still working on it.

Regardless, keep at ur current iOS, and basebands. If your in a rush, u can use iPad band, but... I would wait. It has been a very long haul, thus why I've been playing on my own here and their. But, my thoughts, wait! It will be worth it to find out exactly what's coming. And when that is. My guess, if they drop 4.3 GM Wednesday, the new programs will be out Friday. THIS IS JUST A GUESS.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    New unibody Macbook Pro, the jacked Model.. Iphone 2G, and 3G, 3G's, And 4G.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

$20 donation from me when it is out. I promise.

Thanks

Man, I'm so so tired of H2O wireless.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm still on 4.0. I'm wondering if I should update to 4.2.1 and jailbreak that before they stop signing it when 4.3 comes out.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by delusion950 View Post
    I can wait for all baseband unlock. As long as they get all the codes and packages together and right I can wait.

MucleNerd is not saying anythin because those that like to be pushy and ask everyday when you tell them there is a unlock " When is it going to be released ", " Release it greedy what are you waiting for ". Kind of what pushed GeoHot away at some point. This way he can work in peace without being annoyed by those that don't do sh**t but annoy the dev-team.
    Lol so begins the asking for an unlock everyday....!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darrius777 View Post
    I'm still on 4.0. I'm wondering if I should update to 4.2.1 and jailbreak that before they stop signing it when 4.3 comes out.
    Just make sure you have your shsh saved.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chad daddy View Post
    Noob question, what does an unlock do for you?
    seriously? you have been on here since '09, have 61 posts, and you don't know what an unlock is???

And your question was answered by a true noob, that only has posts in the single digits.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A3gOwner View Post
    Just make sure you have your shsh saved.
    Yea I have them saved. I just wasn't sure if the HDR picture taking and game center were worth the upgrade. I was reading for some people that the upgrade to 4.2.1 made their iPhone slower.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jeffwo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by delizaza23 View Post
    $20 donation from me when it is out. I promise.
    Ditto

I was gonna donate to the legal fees against Sony but they got all they needed in like 24 hours...lol.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    its so simple, if they give us a ETA ppl would stop asking. I have a big hunch that even if they were working on a unlock it wont be released untill possibly the end of march or even later, because ios 4.3 is soon to come it doesnt mean they worked out an unlock for ios 4.1+. But i remember reading somewhere that Dev. team already has a unlock and are waiting for ios 4.3 to be released forst before droping the unlock. But these are all just rumors, no hard facts. I think the best thing to do is to just save up a little extra cash and buy a already unlocked or unlockable iphone 4 then wasting your time waiting for an unlock

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Regardless of dates that many have heard, unlock for iphone 4.1 will come out after these 2 events occur: release of iOS 4.3 for reasons mentioned earlier, and release of ultrasn0w 2.2. Please follow these two events instead of the speculative dates.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by n0n0_no View Post
    its so simple, if they give us a ETA ppl would stop asking.
    This is not true. They gave an ETA once before and they had some issues and pushed it back a little bit and all hell broke loose.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

unlock now