Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 78 of 78

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Consumer Reports 'Lab Tests' Find Death Grip in Verizon iPhone

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    Didn't happen as I posted above, you can say this yet its not true, not one smart phone I tested in the AT&T store did the same thing,

    the antenna is in contact with the metal around the phone and when you hold the bottom of the phone you ground it out- dampen the signal, plain and simple, I know the technical knowledge here is varied, but to say every phone is just not true, some of the antenna's are placed in a way that this would never happen, and some phones only loose signal when put in a lead box or in an interior room with 3 feet of thick concrete surrounding them.

    Could I make a phone do this? Sure!
    Could I do it by just holding the bottom like I did with the Iphone4 in the store and then just holding all the other phones by the bottom? No Only the Iphone 4 did this, and it was reproducible because it has been per the evidence and the salesman did it for me first............Case closed move on.



    Just tired of the BS friend, Iphone4 has a flaw, we know but to keep posting "All other phones" have the same flaw is not a Fair statement.

    A better statement is:

    Yes this is a Flaw
    Other Phones have flaws too, some with the Antenna ( Not all)
    Iphone has great strengths
    Screen
    battery life
    Small form factor
    great camera
    Largest App store

    on and on

    the antenna is a small issue

    But why did I not get a free bumper when I paid my 399 for my Phone at AT&T? Hmm
    U don't deserve it. 

  2. #62
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa (ISU for Vet School!)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 310 Times in 264 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    It amazes me as to how many people sit here and defend a flawed phone. If you bought a brand new car and the blinker wouldn't ever turn off would you defend it? How about a can opener that almost finishes opening cans? These are phones first and foremost, but they fail at the very thing they are supposed to excel at. Buy a bumper! Buy a bumper! What a bunch of sheep.
    That's what "Apple People" do. I love many of Apple's products, but I am honestly embarassed sometimes at the culture I am supposedly a part of.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 02-27-2011 at 11:17 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

  3. #63
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,266
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 146 Times in 124 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by nicrfe View Post
    So you can not admit it.

    Good going dude. You may be the only one with a non exposed antenna on an iPhone 4 or your post is bs.
    Maybe you never grip the phone in the incorrect way but If you own the phone you own a phone with an issue. I am sure of it. I happen to be an electrical engineer but this idea is basic. I am sure you can understand it if you just take your head out of Steve jobs *** for a second. Again I love my iPhone 4 but come on it's a flaw; being one of only 2 flaws it's not a big deal.
    Be a man about it and admit the flaw. Then defend the product.
    Do the i4's have an issue? Yes, that's obvious. Does it happen on ever iPhone 4? No. I know because I've tried to do it on my friends iP4 and nothing, it did it on mine but his didn't do anything. So don't jump to the conclusion that he's lying about his phone, unless you've personally tested every phone in the world, you can't honestly make that statement.

  4. #64
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Posts
    604
    Thanks
    138
    Thanked 145 Times in 75 Posts

    No I admit the iPhone 4 has a flaw, it's doesn't ship jailbroken.

  5. #65
    I have a iPhone 4 when I take the case off and death grip it I lose signal sometimes but when I leave the case on I get great service. Kind of weird
    Ps it's running on T-Mobile

  6. #66
    Who really gives a ****.... You'd have to be a dope or have unlimited funds to use that phone without a case.
    One drop ...... and its over johnny!!!
    I just bought a Ver. 4 phone and absolutely love it .
    Show me another plastic pce of **** on the market that compares in camera, video, build and display quality.
    Waiting.........zzzzzzz !!!!
    Last edited by sharrack; 02-27-2011 at 05:22 PM.

  7. #67
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,266
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 146 Times in 124 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    While I believe you, it happens to enough of the Iphone4 that its been reported over and over all over the world.

    Awesome that a percentage don't do it, but based on the current info its a small percentage verses a large percentage.

    The problem is trying to say a flaw does not exist, admit it and move on, it would make these long drawn out threads shorter.

    As I said it ticks some of us off to read "Its not a big deal or real Problem" It is a big deal when we can get another smart phone free that does not do this, but the High end Iphone4 supposed to be the Best loses signal...........

    Jokes are made in the PC forums about Apple being a "Cult" that if Apple put out a brick an Apple fan would buy it and then praise it. Don't prove this right.............
    I understand and agree. I guess it's a sacrifice we're willing to make so we can JB and customize!

  8. #68
    I don't agree. If it WAS that much of a problem it would have been found out in the first few days which it was reported long before Antibes return period was up. RETURN IT. Why pay for something if you are going to complain about it. I honestly don't have a problem with it, but if I did I would have picked up another device and let Apple take the loss not me. It is so asinine to pay for it then complain about it. You could remedy it the easy way or complain for days, months, years, and where are you now? Still complaining about it over and over. No matter what device it is it'll happen. That's what is getting old for me. My wife had a problem with hers, and now she it's gone. She saved her upgrade and is still waiting for a new device that'll catch her eye.

  9. #69

  10. #70
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    Posts
    289
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts

    F#@% cs :d

  11. #71
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Just when you thought this had all blown over, oh well

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    Stop making excuses..... At the AT&T the Iphone4 was the only phone that DID THIS, Not the Captivate, not HTC Aria, Not Motorola Flipside, not the BlackBerry Curve, none of these phones, held at the bottom or encased in my hands loss a Bar at the AT&T store, yet the Iphone 4 did, holding the bottom we saw 1 then 2 bars disappear like magic!

    Yet I just bought an Iphone 4 because I keep it in a case and that insulates it and you do not loose bars,

    But just because Steve said other phones ( he did not mention which mind you) does not mean its true............So far I have not found a Current phone that was engineered as "ART" that does this except for the Iphone............

    The Iphone4 has a design flaw you should learn to accept it and move on ( stop saying its normal because "Other phones have it too" they don't)
    Please google "Suzuki versus Consumers Union (parent company of CR) and see what CR is about. You can also find the court case in AntiqueCar.com.

  13. #73
    All the iphones do have a death grip issue. All of them will drop signal if held in the common way most people hold phones. Does the bother anyone if they use a case... No.. Does this mean if you don't use a case you will drop calls....nope.. but you will lose signal strength. Do other phones lose signal if held this way..some do, but it has been shown they don't lose as much as the iphone does.

    If you don't believe this read about it and stop being a fan boy. I'm glad your parents bought you an iphone and you love it, but get real. It isn't perfect.

    But, the +'s on the iphones out weigh the negatives. I think it is still far and away the best smart phone out there and I'm glad my family owns 4 of them. It still does annoy me they let this problem slip through and I hope they fix it with the next iphone.

  14. #74
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Posts
    604
    Thanks
    138
    Thanked 145 Times in 75 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    While I believe you, it happens to enough of the Iphone4 that its been reported over and over all over the world.

    Awesome that a percentage don't do it, but based on the current info its a small percentage verses a large percentage.

    The problem is trying to say a flaw does not exist, admit it and move on, it would make these long drawn out threads shorter.

    As I said it ticks some of us off to read "Its not a big deal or real Problem" It is a big deal when we can get another smart phone free that does not do this, but the High end Iphone4 supposed to be the Best loses signal...........

    Jokes are made in the PC forums about Apple being a "Cult" that if Apple put out a brick an Apple fan would buy it and then praise it. Don't prove this right.............
    I don't care what the users in "PC forums" say. They are idiots, I mean they have a PC when they could of got a Mac. Apple makes superior hardware and software. My Mac runs windows and it's apps/games better then 85% of the idiots who talk about how good PCs are. Let them think apple fandom is a cult, its a "cult" that's gaining size every day. More devs are coming to Mac. They only thing windows does better than Mac is gaming and crashing.
    Last edited by Rob2G; 02-28-2011 at 12:16 PM.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob2G For This Useful Post:

    mhtruth (02-28-2011)

  16. #75
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    New york
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by nicrfe View Post
    So you can not admit it.

    Good going dude. You may be the only one with a non exposed antenna on an iPhone 4 or your post is bs.
    Maybe you never grip the phone in the incorrect way but If you own the phone you own a phone with an issue. I am sure of it. I happen to be an electrical engineer but this idea is basic. I am sure you can understand it if you just take your head out of Steve jobs *** for a second. Again I love my iPhone 4 but come on it's a flaw; being one of only 2 flaws it's not a big deal.
    Be a man about it and admit the flaw. Then defend the product.
    I agree with you on honesty before defense. in real life use, i don't have an antenna issue with my iphone 4 jailbroken on t mobile. I do however have a major proximity sensor issue that cause the phone to hang up. Back to the antenna "issue" my bold 9700 couldn't hold 4 bars steady in hand or out of it. Also my e51 nokia from way back would loose signal everytime i used while scrolling on my macbook's touch pad... that was real annoying. This iphone antenna issue exists but its a bit blown out of proportion from my daily use/tests.

  17. #76
    I love the doofi here telling me I am lying or am a fanboy or am so unschooled in the art of using a phone that I can't tell I have a problem. Let me say it again, really slowly, for those of you with a learning disorder (oh, by the way, I'm a teacher of special ed students and my mom did not buy me a phone- I'm in my 60's and have been around so long I can remember party lines): My phone does not drop calls, with a bumper, with a case, or when naked. As I said before, two dropped calls since last summer. Period. That is not a problem, an issue, an oversight on my part, my head up my butt, my being a fanboy, my NOT being an electrical engineer, my not stretching a copper wire across the bottom of the phone, my holding it in some special secret way. Just a cold, hard fact. It's not an opinion. Empirical, yes. Opinion, no. Well, you say, I got the only i4 IN THE WORLD that doesn't have this problem. I don't think so. If the i4 was truly bad, and all the phones except mine had this problem, there would be lines stretching around the block in front of all the Apple Stores made up of disgruntled i4 buyers RETURNING THEIR PHONES. Ooooh, the phone drops calls, I'll bring it back and get a refund or a good phone that doesn't do this. Oh, no, wait, I'll keep my phone that doesn't work, that costs $200-$600, because it is an Apple product and I'll put up with a phone that doesn't work because Apple made it. Seriously? You think people are that loyal to a non-working phone?

    Are you kidding yourselves? 'Cause you are not kidding me. Say what you will, this problem you speak of is not global, nor is it a problem for most of the 12+ million buyers/users of i4s. Just because you say it does not make it true. Just because CR says ANYTHING does not make it true. Just because you are an electrical engineer does not make it true. Just because YOU went into an AT&T store and are telling us that every phone you picked up didn't do this except for the i4 doesn't make it true. This is not the scientific method. This is flawed data (or no data). And when you tell me I am wrong, I don't understand the reality of the situation, all I can say is.... no, wait, I can't say that here because there are filters that won't let me.

    So, one more time: I know my phone. I know how it works. I'm not a fanboy. I'm highly (HIGHLY!) educated. My phone works. If you can't deal with that, just shut up.

    Oh, and I have a VERY minor issue with proximity: if I try to record my voicemail message by holding the phone horizontally, bottom first, in front of my face, it won't let me. But if I hold the phone normally next to my face, no issue.
    Senior

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr117 For This Useful Post:

    mhtruth (03-01-2011), Rob2G (02-28-2011)

  19. #77
    My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    835
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 48 Times in 44 Posts

    yea i had a feeling that consumer reports would try and grill the Verizon iPhone too, what they are stating can be said about nearly every phone
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to EskimoRuler For This Useful Post:

    mhtruth (04-14-2011)

  21. #78
    My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    530
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 53 Times in 37 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    I love the doofi here telling me I am lying or am a fanboy or am so unschooled in the art of using a phone that I can't tell I have a problem. Let me say it again, really slowly, for those of you with a learning disorder (oh, by the way, I'm a teacher of special ed students and my mom did not buy me a phone- I'm in my 60's and have been around so long I can remember party lines): My phone does not drop calls, with a bumper, with a case, or when naked. As I said before, two dropped calls since last summer. Period. That is not a problem, an issue, an oversight on my part, my head up my butt, my being a fanboy, my NOT being an electrical engineer, my not stretching a copper wire across the bottom of the phone, my holding it in some special secret way. Just a cold, hard fact. It's not an opinion. Empirical, yes. Opinion, no. Well, you say, I got the only i4 IN THE WORLD that doesn't have this problem. I don't think so. If the i4 was truly bad, and all the phones except mine had this problem, there would be lines stretching around the block in front of all the Apple Stores made up of disgruntled i4 buyers RETURNING THEIR PHONES. Ooooh, the phone drops calls, I'll bring it back and get a refund or a good phone that doesn't do this. Oh, no, wait, I'll keep my phone that doesn't work, that costs $200-$600, because it is an Apple product and I'll put up with a phone that doesn't work because Apple made it. Seriously? You think people are that loyal to a non-working phone?

    Are you kidding yourselves? 'Cause you are not kidding me. Say what you will, this problem you speak of is not global, nor is it a problem for most of the 12+ million buyers/users of i4s. Just because you say it does not make it true. Just because CR says ANYTHING does not make it true. Just because you are an electrical engineer does not make it true. Just because YOU went into an AT&T store and are telling us that every phone you picked up didn't do this except for the i4 doesn't make it true. This is not the scientific method. This is flawed data (or no data). And when you tell me I am wrong, I don't understand the reality of the situation, all I can say is.... no, wait, I can't say that here because there are filters that won't let me.

    So, one more time: I know my phone. I know how it works. I'm not a fanboy. I'm highly (HIGHLY!) educated. My phone works. If you can't deal with that, just shut up.

    Oh, and I have a VERY minor issue with proximity: if I try to record my voicemail message by holding the phone horizontally, bottom first, in front of my face, it won't let me. But if I hold the phone normally next to my face, no issue.
    Nicely put. The people that hate the phones so vehemently make less sense to me than what some call the super "fanboys". I don't get it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •