Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Consumer Reports 'Lab Tests' Find Death Grip in Verizon iPhone

Please view my signature. We have been over this.

As for the proximity sensor, I had trouble with it on 4.0, but it seems to have been fixed in later updates. Is that just me or was it actually fixed (I'm on 4.2.1)?

Haters are just searching for problems, every device on the planet has a f***ing problem or two. Last week my lab did a test too, apparently if you put an iPhone under water it will NOT allow you to make a call....someone call consumer report.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iDeadman For This Useful Post:

mhtruth (02-26-2011)

"This is true but the phones affected is most to All of them, its been proven to me."

You came to my house and then followed me around all day while I made calls and noted down when I had a "death-grip" experience? Probably not, but even if you had you'd have no data because MY PHONE DOES NOT DROP CALLS. Period. I've had it since last summer, and it has dropped a total of two (2) calls- one to my son, using HIS i4 400 miles away in his house that kills cell phone signals (we've had issues with my Razr, my 3G, my 3GS, his RAZR, his 2G, his 3G, his 3GS, and now the i4) and once to a land line. That's twice in about eight (8) months. My RAZR dropped more than that back before I ever got an iPhone. So your having it "proven" to you is nice, but that's just, like, your opinion, man.
    Senior

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mr117 For This Useful Post:

mhtruth (02-26-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    Stop making excuses..... At the AT&T the Iphone4 was the only phone that DID THIS, Not the Captivate, not HTC Aria, Not Motorola Flipside, not the BlackBerry Curve, none of these phones, held at the bottom or encased in my hands loss a Bar at the AT&T store, yet the Iphone 4 did, holding the bottom we saw 1 then 2 bars disappear like magic!

Yet I just bought an Iphone 4 because I keep it in a case and that insulates it and you do not loose bars,

But just because Steve said other phones ( he did not mention which mind you) does not mean its true............So far I have not found a Current phone that was engineered as "ART" that does this except for the Iphone............

The Iphone4 has a design flaw you should learn to accept it and move on ( stop saying its normal because "Other phones have it too" they don't)
    So just because it didn't do it to some phones you tried it on doesn't mean it doesn't happen to others....I've had it happen on a few phones that I tried it on. And if you read my post you would see that I could care less which phones do and that everyone needs to move on!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to steve-z17 For This Useful Post:

mhtruth (02-26-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by zeroskater61 View Post
    Ummmm hello same damn phone just different network. Yah a few things were swapped around for the device to work on verizon but it wasn't ment to make the issue go away.

Am in AT&T by the way.
    Same phone that was supposed to have the antenna issue fixed. Its not fixed and it is a problem. I don't care though, won't own one ever.

The nexus one suffers from the same thing. I have owned one and if you cover the bottom it'll lose signal and drop calls. If you don't believe me that is fine. There IS a 70 page thread about it(last time I check) about it on Google help forums.

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

Why is everyone's new Favorite word ... "FANBOY" it's really annoying

iPhone? More like MyPhone staterunner180's Avatar
    Thanks

I have the Verizon iPhone and have never had an issue with this. If you go to their site and read the whole report, you'll find out that they say something along the lines of, 'the phone itself still loses signal, but most users will no notice the drop in signal because it's so small.' So in essence, unless you're in an extremely low service situation, for some reason DON'T have a case on your $200 phone, AND are holding it in an extremely awkward position, then you wont notice the drop in signal.
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    i will pound you mercilessly with my bacon rod until your your eyes pop out.

Twitter It Up!!

http://twitter.com/staterunner180

I love my iPhone 4 but I can admit it's 2 faults (death grip and prox sensor)

Can you?

"Hold it different" --Steve Jobs

There you go. Found the no hastle fix you were looking for.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nicrfe View Post
    I love my iPhone 4 but I can admit it's 2 faults (death grip and prox sensor)

Can you?
    I don't have either issue.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

NOT FIXED...the 4.1 software was suppose to make it better and it did a little, but its not fixed. The 4.1 software also made my keyboard touch a little off... i press "A" and I get "S" way more often.

The updates fixed my prox issue, hasn't lit up on me once since (couple months now). It was to the point that I was muting people every single call, and now I'm happy.

As for the death grip, just mentioning it brings out all the trolls huh, lol. I like my bumper, it's way less bulky than those stupid otterboxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2G View Post
    I don't have either issue.
    So you can not admit it.

Good going dude. You may be the only one with a non exposed antenna on an iPhone 4 or your post is bs.
    Maybe you never grip the phone in the incorrect way but If you own the phone you own a phone with an issue. I am sure of it. I happen to be an electrical engineer but this idea is basic. I am sure you can understand it if you just take your head out of Steve jobs *** for a second. Again I love my iPhone 4 but come on it's a flaw; being one of only 2 flaws it's not a big deal.
    Be a man about it and admit the flaw. Then defend the product.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to nicrfe For This Useful Post:

DRFP (02-27-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

It amazes me as to how many people sit here and defend a flawed phone. If you bought a brand new car and the blinker wouldn't ever turn off would you defend it? How about a can opener that almost finishes opening cans? These are phones first and foremost, but they fail at the very thing they are supposed to excel at. Buy a bumper! Buy a bumper! What a bunch of sheep.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

DRFP (02-27-2011), sziklassy (02-27-2011)

My dad has the iphone4 on verizon and the "death grip" is not really a problem i rarely notice it!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    F Mike geekess, bet he uses the iPhone 4.
    Nothing in life is easy.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    Leave it to Consumer Reports (the iPhone Haters) to find this. Can't this rumor be squashed already? Doesn't every phone have this vulnerability to some extent?
    How, exactly, is this a rumor? People are reporting flaws in the (technically) new phone that hit Verizon. Yes, they have something BAD to say about it. Why cover it up?

Quote Originally Posted by ohthatguyagain View Post
    Every major smart phone in existence suffers antennagate to some extent when held directly in-hand versus a case. Thousands of tests back this data up. Google it. Find out for yourself. Don't just take anybody's word for it: the search box on your browser is like 500 pixels away. Seriously.
    Every major smart phone? Your google search must be broken. And fwiw, even the ones that do have this problem, don't tend to drop you from full to zero bars. I've seen plenty of iPhones 4s do that...
    Last edited by sziklassy; 02-27-2011 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Lab as in "we wrapped the iPhone in tin foil, put it in a wire cage, wrapped that in tin foil, put it in a fish tank, put the fish tank in a coffin, burned the coffin until it melted, and then squeezed the ashes as hard as we could, but only after we transported them to the moon. We got bad reception!"

Quote Originally Posted by yair_213 View Post
    Who cares? I got iPhone 4 n im happy. Stop talking crap and go vibrate your phone
    You literally just made my day.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast