+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Leaked iPhone 5 Front Panel Points to Larger Screen, Thinner Bezel

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Default Leaked iPhone 5 Front Panel Points to Larger Screen, Thinner Bezel

Speculation about the next iPhone model has vacillated between the device being either much larger or very much smaller. Apple may choose to release both a larger version and a smaller, cheaper model at the same time, however. On the larger front, a new image has just surfaced that shows what is purported to be an iPhone 5 front panel. If this image is an authentic, then Apple may indeed be increasing the size of the iPhone 5ís screen. This would make the next iPhone model more competitive with other manufactures handsets, many of which already include a 4-inch screen.

Apple is believed to be redesigning the next iPhone model and may include a 4-inch screen with a smaller bezel. Itís difficult to get any measurements from this image without an object to reference it with. If this does turn out to be a genuine Apple component, then they may in fact be releasing the iPhone 5 with a thinner bezel and an edge-to edge screen. I would love to see this component sitting next to an iPhone 4 to compare them side by side.

Rumors suggest that Apple may not want to increase the actual size of the next iPhone, but that they do hope to increase the size of the display. The only way for Apple to accomplish this is to extend the screen to the very edges of the case. This edge-to-edge display could then be larger without the need to increase the size of an iPhone very much or even at all. Itís also quite likely that although this screen will be larger, it will still be considered a Retina display, even if the resolution is slightly less than the current model.

If Apple keeps to its usual schedule of releasing new iPhones in the summer, usually either in June or July, then we wonít have to wait too much longer to find out more. Until then, enjoy the all of the leaked pictures and plausible speculation that will surely surface between now and then, when the iPhone 5 is actually released.

Source: 9to5 Mac

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wiley John Wright For This Useful Post:

pacmac (02-26-2011), reaves205 (02-26-2011)

Thanks

fudge yes i like the looks of that
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

Just like someone said before, it will be called 4GS not 5G!

And bigger screen because HTC HD2 has it Galaxy S has bigger screen mytouch has bigger screen, bigger screen is better =)
    Last edited by delusion950; 02-26-2011 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by delusion950 View Post
    It might be called the iPhone 5 but probably iPhone 4g since it will be on the 4g service but pretty sure it won't be 4gs.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I think you mean that the pixel density may be less because it would likely be the same resolution in at least one measure (horizontal or vertical).

Quote Originally Posted by delusion950 View Post

And bigger screen because HTC HD2 has it Galaxy S has bigger screen mytouch has bigger screen, bigger screen is better =)
    Uhh... no. That would imply that it is LTE or 4th gen, neither of which would be true. iPhone 4S, maybe, but I doubt it. Probably "iPhone 5" or "iPhone HD."
    Last edited by CZroe; 02-26-2011 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone newyork0900's Avatar
    Thanks

A larger screen, would be very much welcomed, by a lot of people. If they keep the phone the same size, but increase the screen radios; then I agree this would be a welcome and competitive addition!

The question for me is, what is the likely hood of iPhone 5 (iPhone 4GS) being manufactured, marketed, distributed, this year??

For me, I hope it is very likely!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

Def 4GS =P

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

HMMM? Thats gotta be a concept screen? Cause, wasn't there a thread on here, sayin that apple might be removing the home button?? I hope that they do remove it,, MORE SCREEN IS BETTER!!! oh n a back 3D cams HEHEHE

Thanks

Take a closer look at that screen. It's definitely longer than the current screen. How much longer, who knows? But it is longer in width.
    Last edited by saunupe1911; 02-26-2011 at 02:57 AM.

Thanks

I think you are all wrong I think it will be a 4gsm iPhone due to being on Verizon and if you look at the future I think they will go to a phone that can go on ANY US carrier! Verizon, AT&T or .....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by motopunk View Post
    I think you are all wrong I think it will be a 4gsm iPhone due to being on Verizon and if you look at the future I think they will go to a phone that can go on ANY US carrier! Verizon, AT&T or .....
    Loool 4gsm sounds like it's abbreviated from fourgasm ;p

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to se23 For This Useful Post:

aidanski (02-26-2011), KBI2113 (02-26-2011)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

The latest iPhone is the iPhone 4, NOT iPhone 4G so why would they call the next one 4GS?

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The6uest For This Useful Post:

bryman21 (02-26-2011), GellBrake'rrrr (02-26-2011), Poseidon79 (02-26-2011), reanimationxp (02-28-2011), vantheman169 (02-26-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

What's encouraging is the presence of the Home button....

17. The Following User Says Thank You to volvik For This Useful Post:

doitchinkstyle (02-26-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's about time to increase the damn screen size. I owned official unlocked 2G, 3G, 3GS and I am sicked and tired of same old 3.5". This is one of the reason why I don't buy iphone 4. Yes, iphone 4 have higher resolution but I don't care. I am moving on to unlocked HTC HD7 with 4.3" screen right now. Never go back to my 3GS 3.5" again. Yes, I still have all those phones. I don't want to sell them. I am waiting for the next iphone coming out with 4" or bigger then I will reconsider going back to iphone again. If the next iphone out this summer with the same old 3.5' screen size. Then SAYONARA iphone forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
    Take a closer look at that screen. It's definitely longer than the current screen. How much longer, who knows? But it is longer in width.
    "longer in width?" you mean WIDER? lol j/k

Personally i feel Apple is a trendsetter, not a follower. I would hope they keep the phone the same size and don't start making these huge HTC-like bricks...it's just not their style. I think the multitouch gestures of 4.3 should lead to them doing away with the home button. the space it takes to house that thing is unnecessary. The option to multitouch to homescreen would be phenomenal, as i saw in what i think was the 4.3 demo on iPad, and a nicely textured home button (friendly to the touch) placed on the center right side (seeing as the volume stuff occupies the left) would free up allllllllll that space for more screen.

Who's with me?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2Jaze For This Useful Post:

deshawn1680 (02-28-2011), MayorFinty (02-26-2011)

Thanks

I still remember companies fighting about smallest mobile phone, now you wanna go large again!?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

They should have 2 different sizes but keep the same resolution.

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Sure is funny how it goes from who's got the biggest, to "let's make it smaller"... Then.... Here comes mine's bigger again. Funny how technology works. We all want the most, but in the smallest format. Oh how it makes me laugh at how we can never be satisfied.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,155 Times in 1,098 Posts

If they would increase screen size they would still stuck to the resolution of the iP4. Wouldn't they loose the asset of "highest density of pixels" aka retina? In case they would maintain the resolution of the iP4, all developers would be forced to develop graphics for a third screen size...again...after 1 year.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to henftling For This Useful Post:

decke (02-27-2011), reanimationxp (02-28-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

does nobody else see that the top part where the earpiece is, is super crooked? Its clearly fake, come on people, why is everyone so gullible all of a sudden. I call 'shopped.
    "99 luft balloons"

27. The Following User Says Thank You to mad102190 For This Useful Post:

L00i3 (02-26-2011)

+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast