+ Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Leaked iPhone 5 Front Panel Points to Larger Screen, Thinner Bezel

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by 2Jaze "longer in width?" you mean WIDER? lol j/k Personally i feel Apple is a trendsetter, not a follower. I would hope they keep the phone the
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2Jaze View Post
    "longer in width?" you mean WIDER? lol j/k

Personally i feel Apple is a trendsetter, not a follower. I would hope they keep the phone the same size and don't start making these huge HTC-like bricks...it's just not their style. I think the multitouch gestures of 4.3 should lead to them doing away with the home button. the space it takes to house that thing is unnecessary. The option to multitouch to homescreen would be phenomenal, as i saw in what i think was the 4.3 demo on iPad, and a nicely textured home button (friendly to the touch) placed on the center right side (seeing as the volume stuff occupies the left) would free up allllllllll that space for more screen.

Who's with me?

HMMMM? u have a point there?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

looks like they're gonna keep the home button i was scared that they're gonna remove it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by delusion950 View Post
    Just like someone said before, it will be called 4GS not 5G!

And bigger screen because HTC HD2 has it Galaxy S has bigger screen mytouch has bigger screen, bigger screen is better =)
    Why would they name it 4gs when the current model is called 4 not 4g??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley John Wright View Post

Speculation about the next iPhone model has vacillated between the device being either much larger or very much smaller. Apple may choose to release both a larger version and a smaller, cheaper model at the same time, however. On the larger front, a new image has just surfaced that shows what is purported to be an iPhone 5 front panel. If this image is an authentic, then Apple may indeed be increasing the size of the iPhone 5s screen. This would make the next iPhone model more competitive with other manufactures handsets, many of which already include a 4-inch screen.

Apple is believed to be redesigning the next iPhone model and may include a 4-inch screen with a smaller bezel. Its difficult to get any measurements from this image without an object to reference it with. If this does turn out to be a genuine Apple component, then they may in fact be releasing the iPhone 5 with a thinner bezel and an edge-to edge screen. I would love to see this component sitting next to an iPhone 4 to compare them side by side.

Rumors suggest that Apple may not want to increase the actual size of the next iPhone, but that they do hope to increase the size of the display. The only way for Apple to accomplish this is to extend the screen to the very edges of the case. This edge-to-edge display could then be larger without the need to increase the size of an iPhone very much or even at all. Its also quite likely that although this screen will be larger, it will still be considered a Retina display, even if the resolution is slightly less than the current model.

If Apple keeps to its usual schedule of releasing new iPhones in the summer, usually either in June or July, then we wont have to wait too much longer to find out more. Until then, enjoy the all of the leaked pictures and plausible speculation that will surely surface between now and then, when the iPhone 5 is actually released.

Source: 9to5 Mac
    looks same like iPhone4 to me

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mad102190 View Post
    does nobody else see that the top part where the earpiece is, is super crooked? Its clearly fake, come on people, why is everyone so gullible all of a sudden. I call 'shopped.
    Clear vision fail!
    Check it again there sparky, it's exactly the same all the way across the top. The way it's sitting makes your eye believe it's crooked.... optical illusion FTW!

iPhone? More like MyPhone newyork0900's Avatar
    Thanks

does nobody else see that the top part where the earpiece is, is super crooked? Its clearly fake, come on people, why is everyone so gullible all of a sudden. I call 'shopped.
    Yes, it probably is a fake, but people would still have the same view if it was real, which still makes it interesting.

The big question, should be, is it likely that Apple will release a new iPhone this year? If the answer is yes, then the talk goes on. If it is no, then there is no point in second guessing, on what is likely to be "all untrue"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to newyork0900 For This Useful Post:

reanimationxp (02-28-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by delusion950 View Post
    Just like someone said before, it will be called 4GS not 5G!

And bigger screen because HTC HD2 has it Galaxy S has bigger screen mytouch has bigger screen, bigger screen is better =)
    i bet you anything its not going to be called either.

iPhone 5

iPhone 4G if anything (no need for the S when theres no 4) is actually obscure and incorrect for many reasons. 4G is not the correct term, therefor im pretty sure theyd go with 5.
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ForumSnoBorderRK For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Sounds like a pain for devs

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Thank you, I'm not the only one that saw that. The line by the home button is straight across, while the line by the earpiece is diagonally across.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to L00i3 For This Useful Post:

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

Ugh! We don't need a larger screen!! I want to be able to put the phone in my pocket! The size of the i4 was/is perfect... sheesh... and I don't like the idea of the resolution going down instead of up.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ins0mniac's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up 4" ftw
    Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    Ugh! We don't need a larger screen!! I want to be able to put the phone in my pocket! The size of the i4 was/is perfect... sheesh... and I don't like the idea of the resolution going down instead of up.
    If you read the article again and look more closely at the picture, you'll see it's likely only the screen that has increased in size, not the phone itself. With the 'edge to edge screen' and tiny bezel, they could move to a 4" screen while maintaining a very similar size in phone dimensions.

Secondly, the resolution would not go down. The author of the article got resolution confused with pixel density. For compatibility reasons and to avoid developers having to write for a 3rd resolution (or 4th if you count iPad) the resolution would more than likely remain at 960x640, which would mean the same resolution as the iPhone 4, but a minor reduction in pixel density due to the extra 0.5".

Personally I'm all for it. 4" is the perfect compromise when it comes to screen size. Any larger would be too big, but you cant seriously look at your iPhone 4 and think that the current 3.5" screen is "perfect"?!

iPhone? More like MyPhone one_crazy_dude's Avatar
    Thanks

Come on I5. Iam already excited to see the new toy. I don't believe any roumer's but it's like tradition to get the next one for me. And I would like to see larger screen on or about the same size as I4.
    I Like Eletronics

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is it just me or is that front facing camera hole on the opposite side?

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks

that is looking pretty tasty right now...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
    But it is longer in width.
    Most people call that "wider".
    Quaerite et invenietis.

Thanks

I can't wait

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Measure it against the home button, the size of the home button hasn't changed across any device.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iamkadaj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ins0mniac View Post
    If you read the article again and look more closely at the picture, you'll see it's likely only the screen that has increased in size, not the phone itself. With the 'edge to edge screen' and tiny bezel, they could move to a 4" screen while maintaining a very similar size in phone dimensions.

Secondly, the resolution would not go down. The author of the article got resolution confused with pixel density. For compatibility reasons and to avoid developers having to write for a 3rd resolution (or 4th if you count iPad) the resolution would more than likely remain at 960x640, which would mean the same resolution as the iPhone 4, but a minor reduction in pixel density due to the extra 0.5".

Personally I'm all for it. 4" is the perfect compromise when it comes to screen size. Any larger would be too big, but you cant seriously look at your iPhone 4 and think that the current 3.5" screen is "perfect"?!
    agreed

Thanks

It probably won't be called iPhone 4gs cos the the 3Gs was the same as the 3G but faster and stuff like that so unless the new iPhone is the same as the iPhone 4 but is just faster which probably won't happen, it won't be called the 4gs

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't care what the heck it's called, I just want it to hurry up and come to market!