Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 64

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: AT&T is Getting Their Network Ready for iPhone 4 Personal Hotspot Feature

  1. #41
    +1
    I'm so far ahead , that everyday is yesterday !

  2. #42
    My AT&T works fine. It didn't until they did their merger a while back, when I had it the first time I got out of my contract after a year of promises that I could connect where I worked by dragging the gov't in (this was during the time of the Wireless Consumer Bill of Rights that seems to have been totally forgotten by gov't regulators now- unlock on request, remember that one?). But now? No problem in California and, when I travelled back east last year, it worked fine in Philly and Jersey. My older son travels all over the country installing art pieces, and it works wherever he goes. So making some kind of smarmy comment about how it doesn't work just throws the writer's biases into focus and makes me doubt the veracity of what he writes.

    As to tethering, I have TetherMe and it works fine. I don't need it that much (usually I stay in hotels that have WiFi) so didn't see the need to spend more. But if MiWi makes people happy and they get more functionality, I have no issues with them spending more than me. It's opportunity cost and substitute goods in action.

    As to the name-calling, it would be nice if that would just... go away. We all know what opinions are like, and of course OURS doesn't smell. How about just keeping things civil, and leave the trash talk on the Jr. High playground.
    Senior

  3. #43
    Livin the iPhone Life bigboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North East Coast
    Posts
    1,720
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 246 Times in 164 Posts

    Why pay a $20 monthly charge, when you can pay a one time 20-$25 fee?? No brainer to me :]

  4. #44
    MyWi is the best thing out there, AT&T is way late on this hotspot feature, plus they want to charge you $20 more for it. That itself is crazy.

  5. #45
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa (ISU for Vet School!)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 310 Times in 264 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Herbie View Post
    Not Deja Vu it's a pretty straight forward steal. More people are commenting on this one even though mine was posted first.
    You know, I saw a pretty big car accident once on the 101 freeway and blogged about it. I was pretty pissed to hear that more people knew about it from the NEWS COVERAGE than through my blog.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

    Skizz (02-21-2011)

  7. #46
    Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ventura, California, United States
    Posts
    594
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 27 Times in 26 Posts

    They should just bring back unlimited Data for a limited Time.

  8. #47
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa (ISU for Vet School!)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 310 Times in 264 Posts

    AND, on a sidenote, with bandwidth becoming more and more precious these days, I am betting these companies (not just ATT but all cell phone companies) are going to start cracking down on those stealing their tethering plans. Either that, or just start imposing really low data caps... as ATT has already done. Who is to blame? Consumers that don;t want to pay for what they are using. I don't see this as being any different than pirating a game from a major developer. You are getting something for nothing.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

    Skizz (02-21-2011)

  10. #48
    Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Future
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 239 Times in 197 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    AND, on a sidenote, with bandwidth becoming more and more precious these days, I am betting these companies (not just ATT but all cell phone companies) are going to start cracking down on those stealing their tethering plans. Either that, or just start imposing really low data caps... as ATT has already done. Who is to blame? Consumers that don;t want to pay for what they are using. I don't see this as being any different than pirating a game from a major developer. You are getting something for nothing.
    Well yes AT&T hates me, Recieved 133gigs sent 3.4gigs, and all of that is just from Netflix on 3G over the course of about 3 months, I have the unlimited plan haha AT&T

  11. #49
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bayside, NY
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post
    Get out of here with that cheap AT&T blow guy, hater. Not a damn thing wrong with AT&T's network.
    Obviously you don't live in NYC.

  12. #50
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa (ISU for Vet School!)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 310 Times in 264 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Well yes AT&T hates me, Recieved 133gigs sent 3.4gigs, and all of that is just from Netflix on 3G over the course of about 3 months, I have the unlimited plan haha AT&T
    Again, you may think you are "sticking it to the man", but you are just sticking it to yourself in the end. The grandfathered plan won't last forever, nor will ATT's willingness to look the other way.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

  13. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    Bravo (or anyone with verizon iPhone), can you confirm if 4.3 tether is infrastructure or adhoc hotspot . (can it tether to psp/ps3/x360
    Can anybody answer this?? This is the single thing that as of now none of the jailbreak solutions can do. Infrastrucure mode is what we need!(not just for ps3/xbox either a lot of devices are incompatible with adhoc mode)

  14. #52
    Smile RE
    Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    Bravo (or anyone with verizon iPhone), can you confirm if 4.3 tether is infrastructure or adhoc hotspot . (can it tether to psp/ps3/x360
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassination View Post
    Thank You! I wanna know this too! But I was spectating around and MOST LIKELY it's gonna be infrastructure.

    Quote Originally Posted by gustovier View Post
    Can anybody answer this?? This is the single thing that as of now none of the jailbreak solutions can do. Infrastrucure mode is what we need!(not just for ps3/xbox either a lot of devices are incompatible with adhoc mode)


    Yes, it is infrastructure! WPA-PSK is only compatable with infrastructure, and here is a video showing the iphone connected to a laptop with WPA!
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF6jXr0vw0U]YouTube - Firmware iOs 4.3 beta IPHONE 4 HOTSPOT WIFI[/ame]

    EDIT: note that the video is not from me. ow, and i cant believe that the MyWi creatord didn't figure out that an inf network was possible. lol still cheers to them 4 bringing tethering b4 apple!
    Last edited by jmans25; 02-20-2011 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Just wanted to add something :)

  15. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by iCeDmAn View Post
    Obviously you don't live in NYC.
    i live in nyc and my phone works flawlessly aside from certain housing developments (only in elevators duh!) -- thats phone and internet no problem i do know they had some problems after the several snow storms but i havent noticed anything significant

    fact is if you were lucky enough to grab unlimited data plana and you have jailbroken phone none of these new updates should even matter we have them for years and we (jailbreaking community) still remain ahead of the apple curve when it comes to innovative software

  16. #54
    MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    626
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 45 Times in 37 Posts

    MyWi 4 Life ... Well as long as there is Jailbreak anyways !!!

  17. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by santacruzlocal View Post
    MyWi 4 Life ... Well as long as there is Jailbreak anyways !!!
    Not without infrastructure mode.. If it doesnt add it soon the way to go is to enable the OS built in wifispot feature with a jailbreak tool

  18. #56
    Get rid of data caps first. AT&T sucks 2GB I can use that in one day Lmfao!

  19. #57
    Default At&T
    From My experience with MyWi, it only works with other iOS devices. I haven't tried it with a Laptop or PC yet. But I have tried sharing My connection with a Blackberry and HTC Evo to no a vail.

  20. #58
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Outter Space
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 114 Times in 75 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Adw1 View Post
    From My experience with MyWi, it only works with other iOS devices. I haven't tried it with a Laptop or PC yet. But I have tried sharing My connection with a Blackberry and HTC Evo to no a vail.
    MyWi works great with my MacBook pro. MyWi On Demand only works with other iOS devices via Bluetooth. But the WiFi and USB tethering works great!

  21. #59
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,263
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 146 Times in 124 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    MyWi works great with my MacBook pro. MyWi On Demand only works with other iOS devices via Bluetooth. But the WiFi and USB tethering works great!
    Works with mine too.

  22. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Great for those that want to pay an extra $20/month! I'll stick with MyWi On Demand
    +1

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •