+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T is Getting Their Network Ready for iPhone 4 Personal Hotspot Feature

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Dizzy714 Get out of here with that cheap AT&T blow guy, hater. Not a damn thing wrong with AT&T's network. I have never had an issue either
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post
    Get out of here with that cheap AT&T blow guy, hater. Not a damn thing wrong with AT&T's network.
    I have never had an issue either and I'm a new AT&T customer.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by glassJAw View Post
    Its like deja vu with the articles
    Not Deja Vu it's a pretty straight forward steal. More people are commenting on this one even though mine was posted first.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Herbie View Post
    Not Deja Vu it's a pretty straight forward steal. More people are commenting on this one even though mine was posted first.

Dude, it doesn't matter if you posted first. You aren't one of the mmi news writers.

People coming to the site are seeing this page on the front page. They are not going to search the members write-in your own news section for the story you wrote.
    Last edited by Skizz; 02-19-2011 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Skizz For This Useful Post:

skj8100 (02-20-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Att made me wait years to be able to send mms thro my damn iPhone so I plan to enjoy my unlimited data and mywii for a long time.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

PdaNet offers a hotspot for one time fee of $15.95(Regular $29). I prefer MyWi. Options for all are there, without needing a $20 monthly fee.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley John Wright View Post
    One day you may actually be able to use your iPhone to make calls on AT&Tís network.
    Living in Houston, Texas, I've never had a problem making calls on my iPhones (original, 3G, 3GS, or 4).
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?
    -- Douglas Adams

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexevo View Post
    Just like everyone else said. $20/month or $20-one time fee for MyWi. For those of us grandfathered into the $30 unlimited data plan MyWi is a godsend and there isn't a damn thing AT&T will do about it. Any change in our unlimited data to capped data represents a material change and lets us out of our contract.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it AT&T. To Verizon, you guys still suck and I use voice/data simultaneously almost every day so suck it.
    HILARIOUS!!!! lol 100% agree, MyWi+Unlimited Data=Win

Thanks

This must be the official intelliborn forums.

Tetherme is only $1.99 with a much cleaner native enabling of personal hotspot.

If you'd rather waste 10x the amount of money for the same thing, that's your business.

It's a shame it took so long for this option to be mentioned. Too many mywi drones in my way.
    Hmm...

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    Unlimited plan + MyWi + 3G Unrestricter = Epic Win

Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi
    +4!!! (family plan)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post

If you'd rather waste 10x the amount of money for the same thing, that's your business.

It's a shame it took so long for this option to be mentioned. Too many mywi drones in my way.
    You use the word drone like you're not an iPhone user... Everybody here is at least a little off the beaten path...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    maybe for the majority of people who don't jailbreak their iphones for whatever reason, but us jailbreakers i think are happy with mywi. I know i am :d
    +100

Quote Originally Posted by alexevo View Post
    just like everyone else said. $20/month or $20-one time fee for mywi. For those of us grandfathered into the $30 unlimited data plan mywi is a godsend and there isn't a damn thing at&t will do about it. Any change in our unlimited data to capped data represents a material change and lets us out of our contract.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it at&t. To verizon, you guys still suck and i use voice/data simultaneously almost every day so suck it.
    lmao!!! Me too & well said!!! :d
    Last edited by CX3NT3_713; 02-20-2011 at 02:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

AT&T is apparently getting their network ready for an anticipated increase in network demand.
    It'd be nice if the so called journalists, here and at appleinsider, would explain exactly HOW AT&T is 'getting their network ready'. I imagine they are spending more time getting their billing systems ready than doing anything at all to their network.

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post

They have to counteract the TetherMe Toads like you who think it's their job to tell people how to spend their money and denigrate people who buy MyWi. Go protest at a funeral.

The TetherMe author has already said he will be raising the price when 4.3 comes out and TetherMe doesn't allow you to control the power output of wifi.

EDIT: I hope the TetherMe author raises his price to $19.99 so all the people who have a pole stuck up their @#$ about the MyWi price will have to make room for another pole.
    Last edited by MikePA; 02-20-2011 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

MyWi, Tetherme, and PDAnet will not last forever. Sooner or later the mobile companies will figure this all out and then start hammering people.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    Unlimited plan + MyWi + 3G Unrestricter = Epic Win

Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi
    I agree The unlimited plan is a good thing to have with all the tethering and hotspot features right now. I have the same nice combo and don't have to worry about going over. If you don't have unlimited get a iPhone 2G and switch to it, use it for a while with the unlimited data then go back to the 3G or iP4 and keep the unlimited data. Nice work around to get unlimited.

Thanks

Who ever wrote this story really should give up!! Apple control what the iPhone can and can't do! Apple saw no need for mms or many other normal features and only add them when they steal the idea from the people that make it work for jailbreakers!

Green Apple
    Thanks

This isnít the first time that AT&T has been slow to add features generally available on other phones. The original iPhone could only send SMS text messages, when most phones at the time could send MMS text messages. They were also slow to add a tethering option, waiting until iOS 3.0 before making it available. This was all before AT&T had any competition, of course. Now they have to keep up with features that Verizon offers to its customers as well. In this way, competition has proven to be a boon for customers using both carriers. One day you may actually be able to use your iPhone to make calls on AT&Tís network. When that happens AT&T might actually give Verizon a run for its money.
    Wow. I spot some serious bias here. And the worst thing? I hate to break it to you but none of that was AT&T's fault. Apple simply hadn't put the functionality in. If the iPhone had been on Verizon from the start there would have been exactly the same story.

What makes me think this? Perhaps it's the existence of, you know, other countries outside the US. Here in the UK it was exactly the same story with O2. If I remember they were rather apologetic that iPhones couldn't do MMS at the time.

It wasn't AT&T "waiting until iOS 3.0" before making tethering available, it was Apple waiting until 3.0 to make it function at all.

Normally I don't complain about any of the front page news here, but this is an atrocious piece of slander and it's embarrassing for a site as big and popular as this.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mastuul's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm so glad that I jailbroke my original iPhone (and every iDevice since) straight out of the box. The benefits are countless and yet people I know are still reluctant to try it. Pretty much every complaint that people have about the iPhone can be solved by doing it. Get on the bandwagon everyone!

Thanks

I think the main problem is that Att did not have to worry about other carriers with the iphone. They were always a little slow reacting to the industry as a whole.
    The whole MMS issue was a perfect example. The functionality was there in June 09 and Att did not enable it until September 25th 09.
    I had it in early beta 3.0 in March 09 doing the old "Sim Switch" which enabled it until Att swept the accounts more regularly.
    Bottom line was Att was not ready with both the billing end of it (unchecking the Opt out box lol) and bolstering the network to handle the data influx.
    This was very poor planing on Att's part and they had plenty of time to be ready for the 3.0 roll out.
    Hell we were supposed to have native facetime over 3g by this past fall according to Steve Jobs at the announcement of the IP4 last year. I'm sure this is an Att issue not an apple issue. They are probably telling them they are not ready for it.
    All this just goes to say that they are a bit slow when keeping up with the competition because they had none. Now the tide has changed and your seeing it with Hot Spot in 4.3
    It may be a little later than Verizon, but it's there and has to be to keep up.
    The next year will be interesting

Smitty

Thanks

Bravo (or anyone with verizon iPhone), can you confirm if 4.3 tether is infrastructure or adhoc hotspot . (can it tether to psp/ps3/x360

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    Bravo (or anyone with verizon iPhone), can you confirm if 4.3 tether is infrastructure or adhoc hotspot . (can it tether to psp/ps3/x360
    Thank You! I wanna know this too! But I was spectating around and MOST LIKELY it's gonna be infrastructure.