Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BGR Says Verizon iPhone Sales May Be Disappointing

Quote Originally Posted by Nickaroni22 View Post
    I believe those numbers are based on the day Verizon released and what ATT sold on those days.
    Ok. The article made it sound like it was comparing launch day numbers for ATT and Verizon ( at least to me anyway).
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The exclusive is out the window. It's all fair game.
    The exclusivity for AT&T is done, but wasn't there a rumor that Verizon was trying to keep the iPhone on AT&T and Verizon only? Haven't seen this rumor discredited yet, and there's been no mention of the iPhone going to T-Mobile (GSM) or Sprint(CDMA). Sure, it will eventually, but why not now since the iPhone is compatible with both networks?

Quote Originally Posted by delusion950 View Post
    that's a lot of iphones and numbers are higher than ATT
    These numbers really arent that impressive

This story doesn't surprise me for few reasons the next gen iPhone is right around the corner. 2 alot off people are locked in Att contract and it's expiensive to buy out the contract especially if you have more than 1 line needing to switch. 3 I don't think IPhone well ever be as possible as it is on Att. Because verizon reps have learned to lead with sailing the android phones first. Thats what they are good at selling at thats what they will stick too. I think very few sales will come from existing verizon customers. I think most will cone from Att/ tmobile customers wanting to switch to verizon because they maybe a better carrier in there area.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

The iPhone has been compatible with TMO since day one! When it went to 3G, all the radio needed was one more band! Very easy for them to tool in!

For them to make a huge change for Verizon, that would be more of a cost!

I'm still hopeful for a IP5 release for TMO! And honestly, I hope SPRINT NEVER GETS THE APPLE PRODUCT! lol

Again, we all see things that, to us, make no sense what's so ever! And to me these are all sort of like

No duh!

In regards to the sales figures being low, and why. What were they thinking? They should have aloes it up, and released with IP5 then numbers would be different!

I just saw, ATT has dropped iph3gs 8 gig to 49.99. How many people does this piss off! And make happy! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    New unibody Macbook Pro, the jacked Model.. Iphone 2G, and 3G, 3G's, And 4G.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

These numbers are the average number of iphones sold during opening week/weekend of the 5 stores(average number sold PER store not for all 5 stores selected) during this month when the ip4 was released on Verizon compared to what AT&T sold at those same stores last year when the ip4 was released(back when it was still on AT&T only).

Thanks

I doubt TMO will EVER see an Iphone @ this point in the Game cause once the Phone goes 2 ANY carrier it seems too push all other phones outta view.
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone5 16GB(Evasion Jailbreak
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Mavericks
    Cydia Account #895872

Two things:

1) The demand was inflated by media.
    2) The release date chosen was retarded!

Had they waited until June and released iP5 on Vz & AT&T, we would see a very different picture. Also, the lines probably weren't there because people came in throughout the day, rather than flooding it at open like we do for AT&T.

It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

Quote Originally Posted by alexevo View Post
    These numbers are the average number of iphones sold during opening week/weekend of the 5 stores(average number sold PER store not for all 5 stores selected) during this month when the ip4 was released on Verizon compared to what AT&T sold at those same stores last year when the ip4 was released(back when it was still on AT&T only).
    Unless I'm missing something here, I find this hard to believe.

Thanks

As was previously stated "That's a lot of iPhone 4's" I think Apple and Verizon expected a little to much, considering it's an old phone now...just a different network. Once contracts run out, people will buy more.

people are waiting for Iphone 5

I have to agree. The numbers are interesting, but useless.

I have more than one friend that wants a Verizon iPhone, but wont go until thier current carrier contract is up. ETF's can be expensive, and not everyone has that $$ to throw away. I have one or two friends on Verizon, that are not due for phone upgrades, but when they are, will switch to iPhone. And my sister WAS going to switch her available upgrade to an iPhone, but I told her to wait for the iP5! LOL

And I'd be willing to bet there are many, many more that these circumstances apply to.

When iPhone came out, it really was the ONLY touch screen phone on the market, so people sucked it up and switched. These days, they can get by with the Driod X or whatever they have until the upgrade is due.

Give it time, it will be Verizon's top selling phone too.

First of all in case no one else has clearly described..... the numbers listed are for the first five days Verizon had the iPhone 4 for sale vs. the SAME days of the SAME week that AT&T was selling it. In THAT case the numbers at Verizon are HORRIBLE! You have to consider how many people on AT&T already have the iPhone 4 (some data suggest up to 50% or more of the 93 million subscribers) vs. how FEW people on Verizon (just over 1% of the 95 million subscribers) have it. To have sales figures anywhere near the same on each network is VERY BAd news for Verizon..... and Apple for that matter.

Now I think this is a combination of MANY factors. A combination of:

-How close it is to the next iPhone release,
    -Many rumors floating around of the white iPhone coming out soon
    -The fact that you can't surf net and talk at same time on Verizon network
    -The fact that AT&T's 3G network is twice as fast as Verizon's
    -People in the middle of contracts that aren't willing to pay to get out..... at least not until the next iPhone is announced.
    -And finally the fact that a lot of people on Verizon, having been left out of the first 4 versions of the iPhone, have already fallen in love with their various Droid based devices and are taking an almost anti-iPhone stance because of this. This is exactly how my good buddy is being.

Just my two cents.

I think eventually and overall the numbers will get much better (once AT&T contracts are up for some, once the new iPhone 5 is released, etc..) I personally have no issue staying with AT&T and frankly do not plan on waiting over a year to move to a network that is slower and more restricted.

If AT&T is smart, when the iPhone 5 comes out, they will allow current AT&T iPhone 4 owners to upgrade for the discounted price by signing a new two year contract :-)

The assessment is based on sales totals gleaned from five Apple stores:

Sales posted are from these 5 Apple stores.

Sales were less than 550,000 pre-orders for Verizon.

Apple sold 600,000 IPhone 4's. According to Apple’s press release, “It was the largest number of pre-orders Apple has ever taken in a single day"

Just AT&T.

The information was pulled from here:

Verizon iPhone didn’t meet initial sales expectations? | TiPb

Just think, if the average is true to non-hype periods... 600 VeriPhones, AND ATiPhones... A DAY! 1200 phones between 8am and 9pm...

That's almost 93 iPhones an hour, in each Apple Store! No way is Droid selling that much, these numbers don't even include Verizon, or AT&T corporate stores. Plus, it's slow because of all the people waiting on iPhone 5, and contracts.

26,000 iPhones/month/store.
    312,000 iPhones per year, not including new release rushes.
    1,560,000 in just those 5 stores.

It's where you are.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by creasy425 View Post
    Am i reading this wrong? cuzz it looks like verizon has sold more iphones per day than ATT did...
    your reading right but the article is just saying that they are ot selling as many as expected.
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    I'm one of those At&t Iphone 4 buyers on 2.17.11

How would you know? Android is a number of brands in the stores

Motorola
    Samsung
    HTC
    Sony
    and a few others many carriers and these phones are low cost and free many times!!!!!

Iphone is one company its so easy to know with two carries how many are sold. This is pure speculation as to how many ANdroids are sold in a period,

Show me the hard numbers then I will agree!
    You are right, it is speculation, however, it's based on educated observations.

I might believe that 93 droids are sold per day/store, but 93 an hour would require craploads of people in each store doing nothing but Droid activations. Now factor in all the different models, and you'd need all of them to be experts on 6 different smartphones.

I understand that Apple stores draw a significantly larger sales area (area around a location, which customers are willing to drive from) and that boosts numbers. So let's make it fair...

300 phones/day
    About 23/hour
    2.6 min/phone

I have been to stores with (in MAJOR markets) only three people in the store, others with 5-7.

In my experience, buying a new phone takes about 45min, start to finish. That's if there's no line, like the 7 hour wait in i4 release day.

So... To cover 23/hour, at 45 min... You would need about 15 people in store to do those sales/activations. Not counting the ones doing other jobs.

Yes, I'm ballparking... I would conduct a study, but I don't have time, lol.

It's where you are.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen. View Post
    You have to take into consideration that for AT&T, the iPhone 4 was released with it, while Verizon is caught midterm between generations makes a lot of people hold out for iPhone 5. At least I know that's why I personally haven't gotten a Verizon iPhone yet.
    The same reason why I haven't gotten my Verizon iPhone too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12