+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: EXCLUSIVE: Best Buy Canada Running Out Of MacBook Pros

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
MMi has received exclusive information that supplies of MacBook Pros have dwindled to almost nothing at the largest electronics retailer in Canada, strongly suggesting an imminent refresh of the product
    MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default EXCLUSIVE: Best Buy Canada Running Out Of MacBook Pros

MMi has received exclusive information that supplies of MacBook Pros have dwindled to almost nothing at the largest electronics retailer in Canada, strongly suggesting an imminent refresh of the product line. Thanks to an insider at Best Buy Canada, we've got images from their inventory database showing almost no MacBook Pros in stock and none in transit. This news comes as AppleInsider is reporting that Apple will release a major redesign of the MacBook Pro as early as March 1. In line with previous reports, the 2011 MBP is expected to have Intel Series 6 Sandy Bridge processors.

Quoting the ubiquitous "person familiar with the matter," AppleInsider says that Apple will introduce the new MacBook Pros within the next two weeks. This would support numerous reports that the rollout was only slightly delayed by the Intel production halt after a design flaw was found in the Sandy Bridge chips. Danish blogger Kenneth Lund was also highlighted by MacRumors after he published an email from one of the three "major chains" selling Macs in Denmark confirming that the new model would be available March 1.

We've seen numerous reports of long delays on replacement MacBook Pros as the supply apparently dwindles. Now, we can confirm that shipments of new laptops to all of Best Buy Canada's 131 Future Shop stores have completely stopped. Given the high demand for these products, this means that Best Buy is clearing out inventory for a refreshed model very soon.

MacBooks are traditionally released on Tuesdays. One week from next Tuesday is... March 1.

Thanks

Good info, I need to step my game up and get a mac.

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

wow nice

i really want that i3 MAC Book with 500gb HD and 4gb ram.
    Last edited by delusion950; 02-16-2011 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

we have our own insider now? When I went into Best Buy last week, they said they aren't getting much more for a while
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

5. The Following User Says Thank You to whereswaldo For This Useful Post:

moon#pie (02-16-2011)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

awesome info!! I was gonna buy me a 15" MBP tomorrow. I am definitely waiting a couple of weeks
    (I wonder if I get my 20% discount on the new line, I hope so...)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I hate to say it as I have been a loyal Mac user since the 80's and before the iPhone(especially in the PPC days) I looked forward to Hardware refreshes oh so much but at this point who cares? I love Apple's hardware but as far as Apple's price point goes I just cant be there right now with so many Hackintosh options. Hell I'm typing this on an MSi Wind running SL flawlessly and well might I add. I'm not criticizing the post but seriously I have always bought Apple for the SOFTWARE.... the hardware is certainly excellent and extremely extremely well-built but if I can get comparable, same or better specs at a lower cost and run my favorite OS I'm going to! ....Sorry! Again I do appreciate the quality of the HW but for what I use my netbook for it cerainly exceeds expectations... Hell I use Adobe CS5 pretty frequently. Sure a MBA would be great and in terms of performance a MBP would be even better but I bought this wind for <$500 about 1.5-2yrs ago and they're going for around $200-$300 presently... don't really see a comparison if you don't need the power. As far as Apple goes in mobile I really don't have a choice as I love iOS and I must admit I do love the i4 HW but would like to see something faster and smoother. Can't wait to see what the i5 and iPad 2 has in store for us.... while new android HW is coming out every week and I would love to have iOS running on something faster it would be way too expensive to change phones more than once a year.... guess I'm just ranting now though!!! lol

Thanks

Wow...can't wait to see what's in store for the refresh!

Thanks

New hardware. Please new hardware! I want better heat management!

Twitter: @tshoults

iPhone? More like MyPhone lostwhiteboyy's Avatar
    Thanks

My wife just bought me a macbook pro for my birthday this past Sunday go figure. But o well i'm happy and i love it just trying to get used to it after using a PC my whole life. I'm assuming that it is just going to be the processor which is not going to be that much different? I hope!
    Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll Die today!

Thanks

It might be a new over-haul because it has been quite sometime since the unibody design came out.

Twitter: @tshoults

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lostwhiteboyy View Post
    My wife just bought me a macbook pro for my birthday this past Sunday go figure. But o well i'm happy and i love it just trying to get used to it after using a PC my whole life. I'm assuming that it is just going to be the processor which is not going to be that much different? I hope!
    Depends how far they went. The new direction for the iPhone may suggest a complete design shift in process.

For all we know, it could be the same, but I expect a new look to be honest...

Performance wise: Apple has always lagged behind PCs in hardware performance, but they make up for it with stable, speedy software. You'll be a little jealous, but not enough to give up the one you have.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,186 Times in 979 Posts

U have 14 days to return it!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone lostwhiteboyy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    U have 14 days to return it!!!
    I was thinking about that, but i just spent all this time setting this one up transferring my info, its my first Mac and I think my wife would be upset if i did that because she picked this one out and she was so excited to buy it for me because i've wanted one since the first iPhone came out! I've been bugging her for one since then.

I have so many other toys, hobbies, and electronics. I spend a lot of money to keep up! haha
    Last edited by lostwhiteboyy; 02-16-2011 at 04:45 PM.
    Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll Die today!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

That's awesome mmi is known for it's tech news and now we are getting exclusive stuff

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks like I'm sellin' the one that I just bought...anyone interested in a MBP 15" Core i7 2.66 GHz 500GB HDD perfect condition??

Edit- With 2 yrs of Apple Care

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was thinking about that, but i just spent all this time setting this one up transferring my info, its my first Mac and I think my wife would be upset if i did that because she picked this one out and she was so excited to buy it for me because i've wanted one since the first iPhone came out! I've been bugging her for one since then.

I have so many other toys, hobbies, and electronics. I spend a lot of money to keep up! haha
    get an external usb drive.... hook it up to that mac... use the time machine to back it up....return it... get the new one... restore the backup.

you wont miss a beat.

Banned
    Thanks

Oooh... How many times before have you said imminent? It becomes cliche, lol

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Looks like I'm sellin' the one that I just bought...anyone interested in a MBP 15" Core i7 2.66 GHz 500GB HDD perfect condition??

Edit- With 2 yrs of Apple Care
    I can do $600, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

this is good news for sure, think ill upgrade this year
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!