Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HowTo: Jailbreak iDevices Untethered (and preserve iPhone Baseband) with PwnageTool 4.2

Quote Originally Posted by turkeysandwich_nopickles View Post
    I have an iPhone on 4.1 jailbroken and unlocked on 01.59.00. I just did this and everything worked out ok, except for the fact that my phone won't get AT&T signal. It is just blank bars. I reset network settings, removed SIM card, rebooted, but no luck. Now it says "No Signal". Any idea how to fix?

For those having the "No Signal" you need to go into Pwnage tool advanced and uncheck "activate". This will be checked automatically so you need to remove it cause if you dont but your carrier is AT&T, you wont get service.

Redo it with this unchecked and it should work fine

I follow everything on this step and it giving me error 29 when it is almost finish restoring......Help!!!!

ah. deleting the "iPod Photo Cache" folder takes care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by vietboi90 View Post
    I follow everything on this step and it giving me error 29 when it is almost finish restoring......Help!!!!

this wasn't the clearest of details. search previous Pwnage tool threads. even the release before this. much clearer for noobs. all in all Pwnage is really easy. it walks you thru step by step with picture tutorials as your jailbreaking. just try again.
    Last edited by rhekt; 02-16-2011 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    killall Terminal[]

How do u delete the ipod photo cache?

I know pwnagetool are usually easy to follow, but mine didnt work this time

Ultrasn0w on Iphone 4 with baseband 02.10.04 does not work. Just blank bars for me. Tried twice with both checked "activate" and activated with my att sim as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djm120607 View Post
    Is this avaible for windows?
    I build this on my pc using Vmware

i got a question if i'm on 4.0 with 5.13.04 want to preserve my baseband to the same on 4.2.1 is this possible ?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,539 Times in 7,105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nickhes View Post
    i got a question if i'm on 4.0 with 5.13.04 want to preserve my baseband to the same on 4.2.1 is this possible ?
    Yes, you can preserve your baseband with this.

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    I build this on my pc using Vmware
    Which package did you use? I've been wanting to do that but hear mixed things about it's functionality. I know what to do just need to know which route works best. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    Halle-freakin-lujah! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!

PwnageTool FTW
    Greenpois0n FTL
    Greenpois0n FTL? Why? I used Greenpois0n on my iPhone 4 and preserved my baseband. I'm running 4.2.1 with the 01.59.00 baseband. This is simply a different technique. They will both do it.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Hello

I have 3gs on 3.1.2 bb 5.11.X the phone was on att network now i am using in Canada however still have the ATT sim card my question

do i have to click activate the phone? or just uncheck and the use the old att card to activate

if i uncheck will it update the baseband because unlock very import to

thanks you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anyone else stuck at like 95% restore? My phone's been sitting here for the last 30 minutes...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanWraith View Post
    Anyone else stuck at like 95% restore? My phone's been sitting here for the last 30 minutes...
    Do you have wifi sync installed?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No. I uninstalled that after it had issues with syncing to my car.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah

Trying it again.

Still hangs at the same spot.
    /sigh
    Let me try restoring to regular firmware...

Ok it seems that my phone just freezes during the restore at a different progress than what iTunes says its at.
    Last edited by SpartanWraith; 02-16-2011 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Sounds like something on your computer is blocking it. Do you have zone alarm installed?

Maybe try another computer.

Default question....
    I have a quick question. I was jailbroken on 4.0.1. I had to do an update through cydia for a few apps I have and that crashed my iphone which resulted in me putting the phone into DFU and doing an update through apple. I am now on 4.2.1 with firmware 03.10.01. I do not need an unlock for my phone. Will I be able to use this pwnagetool for jailbreaking?

Quote Originally Posted by scizod View Post
    I have a quick question. I was jailbroken on 4.0.1. I had to do an update through cydia for a few apps I have and that crashed my iphone which resulted in me putting the phone into DFU and doing an update through apple. I am now on 4.2.1 with firmware 03.10.01. I do not need an unlock for my phone. Will I be able to use this pwnagetool for jailbreaking?
    You could use this but there isn't much of a need. This tool is mainly for people who would like to bake their own firmware and keep their current baseband. Just use a tool like greenp0ison which jailbreaks the current iOS on your phone. If you use Pwnage tool you'll have to do a restore

20. The Following User Says Thank You to kraziebone For This Useful Post:

scizod (02-16-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hurray for having bootcamp'd windows. And Greenpois0n for simplicity.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast