+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool 4.2: UnTethered Custom Firmware for iOS 4.2.1

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
How friggin rude of crApple to block PAID FOR books from being read just because the device is jailbreaked. Thats gotta be illegal in crApples part. You paid for it
    Banned
    Thanks

How friggin rude of crApple to block PAID FOR books from being read just because the device is jailbreaked. Thats gotta be illegal in crApples part. You paid for it but they refuse to let you read it?

After you give them money for the device then the ibook you should be able to do whatever you like with YOUR stuff.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    How friggin rude of crApple to block PAID FOR books from being read just because the device is jailbreaked. Thats gotta be illegal in crApples part. You paid for it but they refuse to let you read it?

After you give them money for the device then the ibook you should be able to do whatever you like with YOUR stuff.
    +1

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone? More like MyPhone shabz_de_don's Avatar
    Thanks

All this does is it encourages non cracked apps/books users to use them... Pathetic apple... I'm so annoyed I can't read my books which I paid for and I brought 12 books... What wait I can't read it? ...guess I'll wait for a greenpois0n update. I'm sure @pod2g asked @musclenerd or @comex for permission to use the fix

iPhone? ... No?... MYphone!!!

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Does the wifi issue mean that i will not have to keep putting my password in everytime i use my atv2g? I mean once i put my password in the atv2g will remember it and i will not have to keep entering my password. ?

My iPhone is a Part of Me kimvy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    no if you are talking about an iPhone 4
    Appreciate! Will continue waiting.

iPhone? More like MyPhone KBI2113's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mbeck0265 View Post
    Is there a JB that dosent involve putting the phone in DFU mode. My Phone has a broken sleep button and I am unable to do it.
    Have you tried to download the newest version of TinyUmbrella? I believe they added an "enter recovery mode" button to it, so you don't have to worry about putting in DFU with your phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by kimvy View Post
    Is there a way to use this to unlock a phone already on 4.2.1? I was on 4.0.1, but had an issue and had to restore on 4.2.1 losing my unlock.

Any suggestions/directions would be gratefully accepted.
    Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    What about the iPad?

Thanks
    Thanked 14,861 Times in 6,897 Posts

What about the iPad?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Did they ever fix the Bluetooth in a jailbroken iPad?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm assuming there hasn't been an iPad baseband upgrade, so disregard this if there has: iPad baseband 6.15.00 is unlocked with ultrasn0w upon completion of jailbreaking the iPad.

Also, can I just state the irony that "Greenpois0n does not work on a device that has been restored using a custom firmware." Yet, the dev team is using the Greenpois0n exploit to create custom firmware?

LOL.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I can use this to jailbreak my ATV 2G, right?
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

agreed i was pissed about that and had to rejailbreak with redsnow because after about 5 trys the book would open but on greenpoison it didnt matter how many times i tried so i am excited for these fixes for sure
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theomer View Post
    Also, can I just state the irony that "Greenpois0n does not work on a device that has been restored using a custom firmware." Yet, the dev team is using the Greenpois0n exploit to create custom firmware?

LOL.
    I jailbroke my iPhone 4 that was on custom firmware i was running 4.1 custom firmware all I did was restore to 4.2.1 custom firmware then let greepoison do it's job

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by capn_2o View Post
    +1

sent from my iphone using modmyi
    + 100%

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

Guess they delayed this announcement. Unlock is different! But, this will aloe u to keep your current Baseband, and upgrade iOS.

Unlock is different!!

*** be warned! You mist preserve your Baseband to keep your unlock! Don't forget to preserve your Baseband! ***

Untrasn0w to come.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    New unibody Macbook Pro, the jacked Model.. Iphone 2G, and 3G, 3G's, And 4G.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

hmmm.. I was JB on 4.0.1 iPhone4 and now when I try to do this with iTunes 10.1.1 (4) The apple logo with the status bar on the bottom has been stuck at about 98+% for about 20 minutes now... Should I stop and try it again?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iNfEk View Post
    hmmm.. I was JB on 4.0.1 iPhone4 and now when I try to do this with iTunes 10.1.1 (4) The apple logo with the status bar on the bottom has been stuck at about 98+% for about 20 minutes now... Should I stop and try it again?
    I'm having the same problem too... been stuck there for 30 mins now

Thanks

I checked active monitor and there's still activity on itunes so... I'm leaving it. This is way longer than it's ever been to do this process though.

3rd attempt and still no go. I'm trying to restore back to the previous firmware that I was on 4.1 (sorry not 4.0.1) that was jailbroken via pwnage and it's doing the same thing.
    Last edited by iNfEk; 02-16-2011 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iNfEk View Post
    I checked active monitor and there's still activity on itunes so... I'm leaving it. This is way longer than it's ever been to do this process though.

3rd attempt and still no go. I'm trying to restore back to the previous firmware that I was on 4.1 (sorry not 4.0.1) that was jailbroken via pwnage and it's doing the same thing.
    Yea I gave up trying to use pwnage tool. I ended up using sn0wbreeze 2.2 and now on fw 4.2.1 jailbroken without having to update to the newer baseband. Give sn0wbreeze a try if pwnage tool still isn't working out for you.

Thanks

i figured it out!

i had wifisync installed on my mac. All I did was uninstall it and then tried again after putting the phone back in to DFU mode and it worked!