+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Upgrading iPhone 5 with 4-inch Screen and A5 Processor

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy So just so I'm clear - according to you guys, Apple is releasing two new iPhones and two new iPads this year. K, Got
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    So just so I'm clear - according to you guys, Apple is releasing two new iPhones and two new iPads this year.

K, Got it.

(Cut back on the rumors thx)
    Don't forget the Macbook Pro update/refresh and iPod classic revised edition.
    I've got NPD (New Phone Disorder) every 6 months.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dadubarut For This Useful Post:

NinjaBaby (02-15-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shinygerbil View Post
    I'll wait for the iPhone Shuffle. No screen, one button, who will you call next??

"Hey Mom...it's me...AGAIN. This random algorithm isn't very random..."

On another note: all you people whining about these rumour posts, simply don't read 'em. It's the prerogative of the writers on this site to write what *they* wish to write about, which may not always be what *you* wish to read about. Or at the very least, if you feel you are being forced to read every article at gunpoint, you are surely not being forced to also write a whiny comment?
    Lmao and Amen

My iPhone is a Part of Me iPittsburgh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SwatPac View Post
    If they want to compete with those p.o.s Android phones, they have to release a new iPhone this year.

A 4 inch screen sounds like a bad idea to me. idon't want my iPhone to be the size of an iBrick! That would drive me iNsane!
    If Apple wanted to compete with android they would need to release a new phone every 3 or 4 months.
    Last edited by iPittsburgh; 02-15-2011 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

+1 with whoever it was that mentioned ditching the Home button.
    If they lost the physical button and make it a soft button, or make the physical button a bar-shape instead, they would have enough room in the current physical form factor to fit in a 4" screen.
    4" is the diagonal measurement. Put a ruler on your iPhone 4 and see what I mean.

Thanks

So just so I'm clear - according to you guys, Apple is releasing two new iPhones and two new iPads this year.

K, Got it.

I think you got it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but by taking off the home button (like Apple is rumored to be doing) that will give an extra .5 inch, I can def see this happening especially if they just relocate the home button or do away w it

formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, I would like bigger please. At least 4 inches but bigger would be welcomed too

tys
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I would buy a 4" iPhone in a heartbeat! That 0.5" makes a huge difference, IMO. I'd have an Evo if I could install iOS on it, I tried, but just couldn't warm up to Android. I hope this rumor is true.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

K, Got it.

Not according to Wiley, but those that created the rumor. All other sites are releasing this info as well so no need to beat up the writer.

Thanks

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but then they would need to redraw the whole UI /again/. And it wouldn't even be in the same aspect ratio if they got the 4" by removing the home button. Not to mention all the apps would have to be updated. It'd be like the iPad and you'd have to run them in 3.5" mode until then.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    Not according to Wiley, but those that created the rumor. All other sites are releasing this info as well so no need to beat up the writer.
    I'm not trying to single anyone out and I'm not entirely against rumors because amidst all of them there may be some truth, but rather than having 4-5 articles, I think a weekly rumor mill article would do a better job of picking up and analysing what's going on.

Another issue is how the "iPhone news" section has apparently become the "everything and anything rumor/news/funny-cat-pictures" section. We have Microsoft, iPad, iPod, and Mac articles posted here all the time when they have their own appropriate sub-sections yet I guess this is where the bulk of people hang out so why not just do away with the dead zones of the site and consolidate them if the writers themselves won't use them?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't know I like the size of my i4. No need to turn something this wonderful into a brick.
    And a new A5 chip huh this must be to prevent the shattered exploit from taking play in the next fen iPhone

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple will not go to 4.0", Im unsure tbh.

But i know they won't release 2 iPad variations or an iPhone Nano and they won't add a hardware keyboard before you start an article on that rumor.

ModMyiRumour.com This site is not as friendly or as interesting it was back in 2007/2008. >_<

Android is pretty awesome and the Galaxy S2 looks awesome. Apple is facing a lot of competitors this year.

Also apps will have to be rewritten for 4.0" otherwise apps won't truly be able take advantage of the screen size.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

The vast majority of people who think a 4inch screen on a phone is too big either haven't used one (no, not just "played" with one), or are too stuck up to admit that it's any good. I was there with all of you saying 4"+ screen is too big, but guess what? They fit in the same pockets, are essentially just as light, and the extra screen real-estate is amazing. Nearly everyone I talk to agrees. They hated the idea of a screen that size but once they started using it day to day they can't imagine going back. If you have REALLY small hands, I guess it could be a problem. Either way, nothing wrong with Apple actually giving us more choices than just the storage size on our phones.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iPhone 3GS (S stood for screwed, because every one who bought 3G got screwed) apple will release a inferior product and get every one to buy it then out of no where they will released a 5SH(should have released product then again every one will buy it . Oh and it's been 11 months and Steve jobs has still not replied to my email

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not trying to single anyone out and I'm not entirely against rumors because amidst all of them there may be some truth, but rather than having 4-5 articles, I think a weekly rumor mill article would do a better job of picking up and analysing what's going on.
    That would appease one group of people. Then the others would say "OMGWTF this is old news". You can't win...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    That would appease one group of people. Then the others would say "OMGWTF this is old news". You can't win...
    So true

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hmm sounds good.
    Last edited by Mad Ferret; 02-15-2011 at 11:39 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm hoping for a re-design.as much as I like the current design of the iPhone 4, there is things that bug me!!!

The SS antenna band..looks oh so very nice but it gets scratches so freaking easy. If I wanted to sell my iPhone once the ip5 comes out one thing the person will notice is how scratched up the band is.

Now I do have multiple cases. Apple bumper, Incase snap case, slider, griffin bumper..I even had the clear protector for front back and the band but with that u can't use any cases..

Anyways off topic I am 4 inch display hopefully new design and some better specs is all I want!.
    13" Macbook Pro
    11" Macbook Air
    2nd Gen Apple Tv
    16 Gb iPhone 4
    (patiently waiting for 2nd Gen iPad!!!)

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

This is the first I've heard that the iPad2 is NOT planning on using a Cortex A9 dual core SoC, but rather a rehashed A4. This doesn't compute.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.