+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 87

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Rampant Rumors of iPhone 'Nano' Appear

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
When I was reading about this before, I thought the price point was $200 ON contract. If they could hit $200 retail with this thing they would give Android a
...
  1. #41
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa (ISU for Vet School!)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 310 Times in 264 Posts

    When I was reading about this before, I thought the price point was $200 ON contract. If they could hit $200 retail with this thing they would give Android a thorough beating. But... I simply don't see that price point being hit.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

  2. #42
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    Size matters. #kinkythread


    Save for the fact Hondas stop when you want them too.
    Ohoho daaayumn.

  3. #43
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,224
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 141 Times in 121 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by g12007 View Post
    What if the nano is the iphOne 5 ?
    That would never happen! If it did I might have to go over to android for a year (probably not though)... I like a bigger screen, if anything the screen should get bigger for iPhone 5!
    Last edited by steve-z17; 02-14-2011 at 08:01 PM.

  4. #44
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Method2001 View Post
    I would actually like for them to go bigger. But thats just my opinion lol
    I'd like that as well! Por favor

  5. #45
    Developing Developer moon#pie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,215
    Thanks
    781
    Thanked 372 Times in 307 Posts

    People are failing to realize that to fit even last year's iphone tech into a smaller package, it would cost just as much as the latest and greatest "full size" iphone.


    Twitter: @tshoults

  6. #46
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    470
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 39 Times in 33 Posts

    Would love to be able to stream music from my computer's library over the air to my iPhone... I have like 2000 songs but want to sync only like 400 and stream the rest if I feel like... that'd be a good thing

  7. #47
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    who is the idiot who did this photo show? because the phone is a few cm smaller they tag it as greener?

  8. #48
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    172
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts

    I could see this potentially happening if Apple is going to smarten up against the android threat. Hell it could be a phone with a 3.5" non-retina display and no physical home button. That way Apple could keep costs way low as they have already secured those supply channels. I personally wouldnt buy such a device as I am a self-proclaimed-nerd but this would be a great move to get everyday consumers looking at the lower price range that would normally go for android or BB. quite frankly, as I said I would never buy one, but it would be an excellent excellent move to capture/keep market share from the "oh-so-open android platform!"

  9. #49
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Default Someone didn't get all their info...
    The person posting this article did NOT do their homework... This article was also posted on CNET and Engadget with a wealth of more accurate knowledge...

    First off the pricing point listed by WSJ is $200 w/ no contract and providers would be able to subsidize it for free with a 2 yr contract.

    This phone is 1/3 smaller with an OLED screen instead of retina to reduce cost, as well as a slightly different design on the glass and casing.

    The OS would be the same, just because the phone is smaller does not mean it will require a different OS. Apple will release the phone along with the next version of iOS to support the multi-touch gestures required for the removal of the home button.

    Most likely the phone will come with the processor out of the 3GS or possibly a new lesser version of the a4, again to reduce cost as well as the fact that not as much processing power will be required due to the lesser screen.

    This is a very plausible idea that I believe we will most definitely see from Cupertino this summer along with the next gen iPhone. It will allow Apple to enter the prepaid business as well as reach a much MUCH larger audience.

  10. #50
    Developing Developer moon#pie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,215
    Thanks
    781
    Thanked 372 Times in 307 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by davidkraft86 View Post
    The person posting this article did NOT do their homework... This article was also posted on CNET and Engadget with a wealth of more accurate knowledge...

    First off the pricing point listed by WSJ is $200 w/ no contract and providers would be able to subsidize it for free with a 2 yr contract.

    This phone is 1/3 smaller with an OLED screen instead of retina to reduce cost, as well as a slightly different design on the glass and casing.

    The OS would be the same, just because the phone is smaller does not mean it will require a different OS. Apple will release the phone along with the next version of iOS to support the multi-touch gestures required for the removal of the home button.

    Most likely the phone will come with the processor out of the 3GS or possibly a new lesser version of the a4, again to reduce cost as well as the fact that not as much processing power will be required due to the lesser screen.

    This is a very plausible idea that I believe we will most definitely see from Cupertino this summer along with the next gen iPhone. It will allow Apple to enter the prepaid business as well as reach a much MUCH larger audience.
    You know, everyone can make their own version, as it is only a rumor and nothing more.

    Apple is not going to make a phone for tweens. period.


    Twitter: @tshoults

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to moon#pie For This Useful Post:

    endwaro (02-14-2011)

  12. #51
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Apple is and HAS been in the business for the "tweens", this is was the iPod is all about, especially the touch. Allows younger audiences to play without having to have a cell phone. And now that the cell phone age consistently lowers, it definitely makes sense for Apple to appeal to such a large crowd.

    Not to mention the WSJ was dead on with their last release about Apple plans.

  13. #52
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Davis county. Utah
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cpotoso View Post
    Complete non-sense: the idea that there will be no local storage for media would make this a very expensive phone to operate... OTOH, 4-8 GB are cheap enough these days and enough to hold a couple of movies + lots of music and apps.
    Yes apple could easily get a 4 GB version of the nano iphone. But still the iphone nano for me is a waste. Im getting Iphone 5 and i like it to be as good as it is. The size is perfect for me. A little bigger would be fine but not a must. Smaller yeah????

  14. #53
    Developing Developer moon#pie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,215
    Thanks
    781
    Thanked 372 Times in 307 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by davidkraft86 View Post
    Apple is and HAS been in the business for the "tweens", this is was the iPod is all about, especially the touch. Allows younger audiences to play without having to have a cell phone. And now that the cell phone age consistently lowers, it definitely makes sense for Apple to appeal to such a large crowd.

    Not to mention the WSJ was dead on with their last release about Apple plans.
    Guess what? They are all just rumors an opinions. Yeah, the touch is the kids toy (and mod-ers like me that don't want to screw up an iphone), but I don't see Apple changing up and making a smaller iphone. As it is, the iphone 4 is almost too small.

    Plus, the cost to shrink the 3gs tech and put it in a smaller body would be just as much as an iphone 4 or 5.


    Twitter: @tshoults

  15. #54
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    Guess what? They are all just rumors an opinions. Yeah, the touch is the kids toy (and mod-ers like me that don't want to screw up an iphone), but I don't see Apple changing up and making a smaller iphone. As it is, the iphone 4 is almost too small.

    Plus, the cost to shrink the 3gs tech and put it in a smaller body would be just as much as an iphone 4 or 5.
    With MUCH less power usage, Apple could considerable reduce the battery size as well as the plans to reduce the memory size, so the issue of the smaller body shouldn't be too much of a problem.

  16. #55
    Developing Developer moon#pie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,215
    Thanks
    781
    Thanked 372 Times in 307 Posts

    Where are you getting the MUCH less power usage?


    Twitter: @tshoults

  17. #56
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts

    It's all about money. Apple will do whatever they want to get more of it...

  18. #57
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    Where are you getting the MUCH less power usage?
    Considerably smaller screen, OLED will draw quite a bit less power than the retina as well as the lesser processor will save battery life... These are your two MAIN battery users in any mobile device.

  19. #58
    Livin the iPhone Life Stray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    You Know...
    Posts
    14,071
    Thanks
    675
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

    Not many kids my age want a mini version of the iPhone. Kids want bigger screens, not smaller ones.

  20. #59
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by STRAYunINFIDEL View Post
    Not many kids my age want a mini version of the iPhone. Kids want bigger screens, not smaller ones.
    Not many kids can talk their parents into a $200 iPhone either, but a Free one sounds much nicer.

  21. #60
    Livin the iPhone Life Stray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    You Know...
    Posts
    14,071
    Thanks
    675
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by davidkraft86 View Post
    Not many kids can talk their parents into a $200 iPhone either, but a Free one sounds much nicer.
    Agreed but that there can be some arguments being for the fact that with the iPhone you'll need data with att with means you know that you'll have to pay one way or another.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts