+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rampant Rumors of iPhone 'Nano' Appear

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
When I was reading about this before, I thought the price point was $200 ON contract. If they could hit $200 retail with this thing they would give Android a
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

When I was reading about this before, I thought the price point was $200 ON contract. If they could hit $200 retail with this thing they would give Android a thorough beating. But... I simply don't see that price point being hit.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    Size matters. #kinkythread

Save for the fact Hondas stop when you want them too.
    Ohoho daaayumn.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by g12007 View Post
    What if the nano is the iphOne 5 ?
    That would never happen! If it did I might have to go over to android for a year (probably not though)... I like a bigger screen, if anything the screen should get bigger for iPhone 5!
    Last edited by steve-z17; 02-14-2011 at 08:01 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Method2001 View Post
    I would actually like for them to go bigger. But thats just my opinion lol
    I'd like that as well! Por favor

Thanks

People are failing to realize that to fit even last year's iphone tech into a smaller package, it would cost just as much as the latest and greatest "full size" iphone.

Twitter: @tshoults

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Would love to be able to stream music from my computer's library over the air to my iPhone... I have like 2000 songs but want to sync only like 400 and stream the rest if I feel like... that'd be a good thing

Green Apple
    Thanks
    who is the idiot who did this photo show? because the phone is a few cm smaller they tag it as greener?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I could see this potentially happening if Apple is going to smarten up against the android threat. Hell it could be a phone with a 3.5" non-retina display and no physical home button. That way Apple could keep costs way low as they have already secured those supply channels. I personally wouldnt buy such a device as I am a self-proclaimed-nerd but this would be a great move to get everyday consumers looking at the lower price range that would normally go for android or BB. quite frankly, as I said I would never buy one, but it would be an excellent excellent move to capture/keep market share from the "oh-so-open android platform!"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Someone didn't get all their info...
    The person posting this article did NOT do their homework... This article was also posted on CNET and Engadget with a wealth of more accurate knowledge...

First off the pricing point listed by WSJ is $200 w/ no contract and providers would be able to subsidize it for free with a 2 yr contract.

This phone is 1/3 smaller with an OLED screen instead of retina to reduce cost, as well as a slightly different design on the glass and casing.

The OS would be the same, just because the phone is smaller does not mean it will require a different OS. Apple will release the phone along with the next version of iOS to support the multi-touch gestures required for the removal of the home button.

Most likely the phone will come with the processor out of the 3GS or possibly a new lesser version of the a4, again to reduce cost as well as the fact that not as much processing power will be required due to the lesser screen.

This is a very plausible idea that I believe we will most definitely see from Cupertino this summer along with the next gen iPhone. It will allow Apple to enter the prepaid business as well as reach a much MUCH larger audience.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davidkraft86 View Post
    The person posting this article did NOT do their homework... This article was also posted on CNET and Engadget with a wealth of more accurate knowledge...

First off the pricing point listed by WSJ is $200 w/ no contract and providers would be able to subsidize it for free with a 2 yr contract.

This phone is 1/3 smaller with an OLED screen instead of retina to reduce cost, as well as a slightly different design on the glass and casing.

The OS would be the same, just because the phone is smaller does not mean it will require a different OS. Apple will release the phone along with the next version of iOS to support the multi-touch gestures required for the removal of the home button.

Most likely the phone will come with the processor out of the 3GS or possibly a new lesser version of the a4, again to reduce cost as well as the fact that not as much processing power will be required due to the lesser screen.

This is a very plausible idea that I believe we will most definitely see from Cupertino this summer along with the next gen iPhone. It will allow Apple to enter the prepaid business as well as reach a much MUCH larger audience.
    You know, everyone can make their own version, as it is only a rumor and nothing more.

Apple is not going to make a phone for tweens. period.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to moon#pie For This Useful Post:

endwaro (02-14-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Apple is and HAS been in the business for the "tweens", this is was the iPod is all about, especially the touch. Allows younger audiences to play without having to have a cell phone. And now that the cell phone age consistently lowers, it definitely makes sense for Apple to appeal to such a large crowd.

Not to mention the WSJ was dead on with their last release about Apple plans.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cpotoso View Post
    Complete non-sense: the idea that there will be no local storage for media would make this a very expensive phone to operate... OTOH, 4-8 GB are cheap enough these days and enough to hold a couple of movies + lots of music and apps.
    Yes apple could easily get a 4 GB version of the nano iphone. But still the iphone nano for me is a waste. Im getting Iphone 5 and i like it to be as good as it is. The size is perfect for me. A little bigger would be fine but not a must. Smaller yeah????

Thanks

Apple is and HAS been in the business for the "tweens", this is was the iPod is all about, especially the touch. Allows younger audiences to play without having to have a cell phone. And now that the cell phone age consistently lowers, it definitely makes sense for Apple to appeal to such a large crowd.

Not to mention the WSJ was dead on with their last release about Apple plans.
    Guess what? They are all just rumors an opinions. Yeah, the touch is the kids toy (and mod-ers like me that don't want to screw up an iphone), but I don't see Apple changing up and making a smaller iphone. As it is, the iphone 4 is almost too small.

Plus, the cost to shrink the 3gs tech and put it in a smaller body would be just as much as an iphone 4 or 5.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Guess what? They are all just rumors an opinions. Yeah, the touch is the kids toy (and mod-ers like me that don't want to screw up an iphone), but I don't see Apple changing up and making a smaller iphone. As it is, the iphone 4 is almost too small.

Plus, the cost to shrink the 3gs tech and put it in a smaller body would be just as much as an iphone 4 or 5.
    With MUCH less power usage, Apple could considerable reduce the battery size as well as the plans to reduce the memory size, so the issue of the smaller body shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Thanks

Where are you getting the MUCH less power usage?

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's all about money. Apple will do whatever they want to get more of it...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Where are you getting the MUCH less power usage?
    Considerably smaller screen, OLED will draw quite a bit less power than the retina as well as the lesser processor will save battery life... These are your two MAIN battery users in any mobile device.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

Not many kids my age want a mini version of the iPhone. Kids want bigger screens, not smaller ones.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by STRAYunINFIDEL View Post
    Not many kids my age want a mini version of the iPhone. Kids want bigger screens, not smaller ones.
    Not many kids can talk their parents into a $200 iPhone either, but a Free one sounds much nicer.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

Not many kids can talk their parents into a $200 iPhone either, but a Free one sounds much nicer.
    Agreed but that there can be some arguments being for the fact that with the iPhone you'll need data with att with means you know that you'll have to pay one way or another.