+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Blocked "in Error" by 3, Still Down in China

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by wakka102 so just get on Cydia with Wifi to download your updates and such, problem solved? This is more of principle, yea these a temporary solution for
    My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wakka102 View Post
    so just get on Cydia with Wifi to download your updates and such, problem solved?
    This is more of principle, yea these a temporary solution for this problem, but it's iike another member said, our devices, we pick the content we want

And it seems like this just a problem for china. The other countries sound like it was an accident but who knows about that
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

iPhone? More like MyPhone xxhorseriderxxx's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Karephre View Post
    China iphone do not have Wifi. It was part of the deal that they made with apple.
    actually, the iPhone 3G for China was without wifi, the iPhone 3GS and 4 both have wifi.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Bahahaha no wifi for iPhones in china what a joke.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm sure Jailbreakers will always be able to find ways around it, but that's hardly the point. It's scary to think Apple may be dictating censorship practices of ISP's.

Green Apple
    Thanks

China iphone do not have Wifi. It was part of the deal that they made with apple.
    Whata ****! I Will not EVER Live in china=|
    I hate when someone says NO!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For 3UK users,pay as you go or contract facing this problem: just go on Safari on your phone at unlockit.co.nz and create a new profile for 3UK from the list,changing APN from three.co.uk to 3internet and install it.User and password remain guest
    This is the connection for broadband mobile,without any filtering
    Last edited by hendon; 02-14-2011 at 03:22 PM.

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wakka102 View Post
    so just get on Cydia with Wifi to download your updates and such, problem solved?
    And when they block WiFi what are you going to do ?
    this is not a connection issue.

Quote Originally Posted by JSkywalker217 View Post
    This is all but dumb...Congress had already confirmed that Jailbreaking IOS devices is NOT illegal, and Cydia is part of the jailbreak community, it will not be blocked.

China and whatever other countries have their own government that locked this down. Our government OKd it.
    You may want to rethink that , there is a bill making it's way through congress that would allow the president to order the internet shutdown. Everyone thinks it happens somewhere else to someone else. "..and then they came for me."
    Last edited by LGgeek; 02-14-2011 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Thanks

^^^The C.O.I.C.A. bill yes. Heres hoping the EFF has some hard core lobbyists in DC right now...
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BioFUSION View Post
    I say go all egypt on there asses... Burn the firewall down and assassinate a few mf'ers while you are at it.
    ahahahhahahahaha :'D

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So it only works with wifi their in china then just get my3G on cydia and problem solved !

Thanks
    All i know is that, If we {As in the good ol USA} some how got banned or blocked from Cydia, Then I would just SELL all of my ios devices and basically never buy another apple product again. I'd really have to consider moving on to another open source platform to indulge in. I know that might not suit some. But as far as I...yeah they'd be gone! The only reason I buy Apples products now a days is of course THE BEAUTY OF IOS & THE ABILITY TO JAILBREAK/FULLY CUSTOMIZE/PERSONALIZE MY DEVICE!! Without those abilities then I'd more than likely rummage through my stock pile of old toys. And revert back to something basic. Why not? I mean I work for my money and have the rights/choice to spend it as I deem necessary. So with that said, If i could not use my device in the matter that i chose {While staying in the boundaries of moral and legal limits} Then why on earth would I decide to buy that Specific product? I mean I understand the strangle hold and persistence when it comes down to cornering the market,But damn! Assuming this is Hypothetical situation would actually take place of course.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The amount of things you hear about the Chinese government, nothing would surprise me.

But as an Irishman, I would almost bet my life that there is some form of corruption going on with this. The amount of stuff that goes on there with the bunch of thieves in power is unbelievable. The main tv and radio stations are state owned, so there is very little light being shed on the all the backhanders and inside deals.

I would easily class the Irish government as the lowest, most corrupt, least honest form of humanity on the planet. And by saying that, I apologize to all the rest of humanity for being forced to drag you into my comparison.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

The 3GS has no wifi, the 4 does.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 737 Posts

Error.. Yea right.
    My latest theme - -

Thanks

LOL why even block Cydia? Have these companies not heard of Wi-Fi? Blocking users of the mobile data is not going to stop the user from hitting Cydia, seriously when will these companies (including Apple) realize they are not the ones in control?

Even if the entire internet blocked Cydia, a new site would come out, you can't keep blocking things forever. Get over it people!
    "Don't hold it like that!"

Thanks

its all about control

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JSkywalker217 View Post
    This is all but dumb...Congress had already confirmed that Jailbreaking IOS devices is NOT illegal, and Cydia is part of the jailbreak community, it will not be blocked.

China and whatever other countries have their own government that locked this down. Our government OKd it.
    You're missing a critical detail...

It may not be illegal to jailbreak, but it's also not illegal for ISPs to block content. You may think the Internet is uncensored, but it is. Providers have the right to limit access in part or whole.

Just because congress wouldn't block Cydia, doesn't mean AT&T can't/won't.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12