+ Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Geohot Responds to Sony Lawsuit via Rap

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by 4n4c0nd4 It never ceases to amaze me how many idiots come out of the woodwork to establish pointless arguments. I hope you're not talking about me >_>
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 4n4c0nd4 View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me how many idiots come out of the woodwork to establish pointless arguments.
    I hope you're not talking about me >_>

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Co1d Night For This Useful Post:

NinjaBaby (02-15-2011)

Thanks

I can't believe your government is backing this case. Pretty ridiculous indeed. FREEDOM guess you have to leave the U.S. to find it now??? YIKES...what's next, we can't trade or sell games we've purchased, as it would infringe and or stop people from buying the same copy at full price? ahhaha...what a joke!!!!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

NinjaBaby (02-15-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 737 Posts

This was hilarious.. You can tell the legal battles are really starting to get to him though.
    My latest theme - -

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sanady361 For This Useful Post:

NinjaBaby (02-15-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    I can't believe your government is backing this case. Pretty ridiculous indeed. FREEDOM guess you have to leave the U.S. to find it now??? YIKES...what's next, we can't trade or sell games we've purchased, as it would infringe and or stop people from buying the same copy at full price? ahhaha...what a joke!!!!!!
    How are they backing this case anymore than courts in other nations have dealt with similar cases? Up to this point, nothing has been determined. The government has not backed any verdict... there is no precedent in regards to hacking gaming systems so of course the current course of action will take place.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

NinjaBaby (02-15-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    They're not backing the case, they're investigating it. if they were backing it geohot would be in jail right now.

i'm pretty sure this is all going to blow over and george is gonna get his stuff back >_> sony just needs to lay off and realize things have changed in the 21st century as more and more people are getting into technology and machinery. just look at russia
    Last edited by Co1d Night; 02-15-2011 at 09:19 AM. Reason: i made an oopsie
    No confundas mi personalidad con mi actitud. Mi personalidad es quien soy yo, mi actitud depende de quien seas tú.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Co1d Night For This Useful Post:

NinjaBaby (02-15-2011)

"The Napoleon Dynamite of MMI" coloradoxmfan's Avatar
    Thanks

I want this as a ringtone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coloradoxmfan View Post
    I want this as a ringtone
    I don't think it was that great

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Th3_Amazing_Ath3ist View Post
    So you're basically saying you have no proof what so ever that the rk is copyrighted other than Sony got away with putting a restraining order on geohot.

Now tell me this, out of those 14,397,555 ps3 owners how many know how to hack one?
    It is as easy to hack the PS3 as it is the iPhone. And walk into a Gamestop one day to see which console is faring better. The PS3 section has overtaken the Xbox section.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    It is as easy to hack the PS3 as it is the iPhone. And walk into a Gamestop one day to see which console is faring better. The PS3 section has overtaken the Xbox section.
    How many people can hack an iphone? probably 1/3 of the population. Most people either just do not know how to hack their devices or just prefer them stock.

and i bet ps3s are selling better now that they *can* be hacked.
    No confundas mi personalidad con mi actitud. Mi personalidad es quien soy yo, mi actitud depende de quien seas tú.

Thanks

How many people can hack an iphone? probably 1/3 of the population. Most people either just do not know how to hack their devices or just prefer them stock.

I've heard numbers that say less than 10% actually do it

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

The problem with your logic is that you are failing to consider the total quantities sold. There's been over 80 million iPads and iPhones sold (couldn't readily find the iPT #s), and while only 10% or so tend to be jailbroken, that's still over 8 million devices hacked!

Thanks

Anyone else think hes startin to look like Eric of That 70's Show..lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

He's asking for donations guys for the fight against Sony!
    legal trouble

Lets help him out.

Green Apple
    Thanks

ths is my opinion, since all of these electronics are manuactured in China, a communist ( actually a fascist) nation which we should not be doing any business with at all, and furthermore since that country has no labor laws nor intellectuall property laws, then these devices should be open season as if you were in China stealing their plans and selling it to third rate companies making duplicates and selling them under a different label.
    If theses corporations want the protections of the laws of the United States then they should be held to the same standards as the corporations who find it harder to compete by producing on USA soil. **** sony, NIke, apple and all the corporations who circumvent the law for quick and intense profit while basically killing the economy of the homeland that buys all their products.
    this court case should be held in CHINA. see if obama would sell out geo and extradite him to a foreign land.

having said that, im glad there are people like geo who are smart enough to make millions yet also smart enough to feel responsibility to his fellow man and know that what goes on in China is Wrong. If you knew a fascist leader was killing people would we not feel justified in killing this leader for the good of their country? well this is economic warfare and slavery and Geo is using his mind instead of guns. GO GEO. wish i could help, but i dont enough funds to make a difference, nor the brains.
    Last edited by pininfarina; 02-19-2011 at 06:58 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jeffwo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pininfarina View Post
    ths is my opinion, since all of these electronics are manuactured in China, a communist ( actually a fascist) nation which we should not be doing any business with at all, and furthermore since that country has no labor laws nor intellectuall property laws, then these devices should be open season as if you were in China stealing their plans and selling it to third rate companies making duplicates and selling them under a different label.
    If theses corporations want the protections of the laws of the United States then they should be held to the same standards as the corporations who find it harder to compete by producing on USA soil. **** sony, NIke, apple and all the corporations who circumvent the law for quick and intense profit while basically killing the economy of the homeland that buys all their products.
    this court case should be held in CHINA. see if obama would sell out geo and extradite him to a foreign land.

having said that, im glad there are people like geo who are smart enough to make millions yet also smart enough to feel responsibility to his fellow man and know that what goes on in China is Wrong. If you knew a fascist leader was killing people would we not feel justified in killing this leader for the good of their country? well this is economic warfare and slavery and Geo is using his mind instead of guns. GO GEO. wish i could help, but i dont enough funds to make a difference, nor the brains.
    Yawn...you should practice up on your punctuation.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeffwo For This Useful Post:

KnightWing (02-20-2011)

+ Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789