Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Doubles Orders for MacBooks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    Awesome, you know me. I'm no fanboy. I just can't stand people making ignorant comments about things they obviously don't know about. I love it when other companies come out with better products.
    I know! I can't ignorant comments either, but I also can't stand when people bicker over something stupid. The point is: you can't change them!
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

I still can't believe that DRFP thinks that I made that up.

Twitter: @tshoults

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    AMD has a new FUsion chip that claims to extend this further.
    I've always been an AMD fan, but their *** is really in the fire unless Fusion blows the i3/i5/i7 successor out of the water. AMD is a great company because you can get 80% of Intels performance for about half the price but Intel has the volume to beat that back. Fusion is a pipe dream right now and they need something quick because even though they have a leg up on nVidia with GPUs, Intel is giving them the beat down in the desktop/mobile CPU arena. There were even rumors about Apple switching to AMD to gain the ability to keep dedicated GPUs on their mobile products but with nVidia and Intel dropping the lawsuits, things don't look too good for them right now.
    HK-Z on Game Center

Intel suing nvida, which is why the smaller macs have to use c2d

DRFP, read this: Intel sues NVIDIA over chipset license agreement
    Last edited by moon#pie; 02-12-2011 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Not true, if you have a open mind and willing to read, Debate is the mother of learning, the Socratic method.
    Nice try, but this isn't even a Socratic debate. If it were, you wouldn't be criticizing others. Plus, you have to listen to others.

the socratic method was one that the teach would ask questions to induce thought, that would eventually answer the student's question.

DRFP, what version of os x did you use? Snow leopard is much better than tiger or leopard.
    Last edited by moon#pie; 02-12-2011 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    Intel suing nvida, which is why the smaller macs have to use c2d

DRFP, read this: Intel sues NVIDIA over chipset license agreement
    LIES!! No one tells Apple what to do!! /sarcasm
    HK-Z on Game Center

But suppliers can force them.... lol

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't we all just get along? Everyone has the right to like what they want without having ppl hate on them. I'll always buy Mac because that's what I like, but Windows is still a good OS.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to steve-z17 For This Useful Post:

DRFP (02-12-2011)

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Just put a proper heat sink and bigger fans and then let PROPER games start rolling into the App Store.

Please Apple, put a decent graphics chip in the new MacBook Pro's for the price you charge.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MetallicaFan1991 For This Useful Post:

DRFP (02-12-2011)

I did not call anyone names....... I've been called a few in the thread and for what?

Pointing out that Mac's are limited?
    That they are not the greatest Laptops on earth!

That there are some Good Pc Laptops made?

That some statements about Batteries and how the PC laptops operate are not true?

That is Criticizing? Well excuse me for wanting to educate people, about having my thoughts that do not agree with others......

Yeah guess the thought police are coming now...........

Look up Socratic method of learning,

Its asking questions and debating, some arguing to get to the truth.

Jeez................

It does say NViDA then cannot supply all the needed chips to Apple, but....... Intel could or other Chip makers I would think.

I still do not see the big deal, its Intel doing what Apple does and all the companies do these days, Sue sue sue to get more of a tight grip on the market.

Seems to me this is Intel and Nvidia and affects all manufactures not just Apple.

Its not a Conspiracy and this was in 2009 its 2011 looks like Apple got over it.

Its not this Lawsuit fault that Mac books ( air and all) are so limited,

I just looked and half are 2gb to 4gb ram ( if you choose 2gb then your locked in unless you want to take it apart not easy for the average person) Duo Core processor when the average PC laptop sold today has icore 3, 5 and 7.

Anyway its beat to death.... We will not agree on these things.

You all will only be happy if I say All PC's are crap and the only good laptops are MACS........
    That was an article from 2009. Much has taken place since then that wasn't listed. Please try to do some research before you make a fool of yourself calling shens.

I posted that article to give the gist of what happened. If you're not smart enough to do further research...

Really? How is it a non-point? If the stuff wasn't there, then Apple must make due with what they can get, and improve other aspect, such as graphics. I don't think you've ever use a mac. Cause if you did, you would shut the **** up because all your arguments are invalid.

Apple innovates what many other imitate.

Thanks

That they are not the greatest Laptops on earth!
    I NEVER SAID THEY WERE THE BEST! Why do people assume? I'm done.

Me too. This guy obviously has never used a mac for more than 5 mins. You earned yourself a place on my ignore list.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to moon#pie For This Useful Post:

DRFP (02-12-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Nividia is not the only Graphic chip maker on the planet......

ATI and Intel also

( oh yeah Intel is suing NVIDIA over a patent just like Apple does)

Its a non Point because there are at least two other Chip manufacturers Apple can buy from, the law suit is not against Apple so Apple is free to choose design and what to do. Why is that dismissed?

Also I have used a MAC but what does that matter to this debate?

Please enhance your Calm.
    Can't we just decide that each of us likes our own and move on...this conversation is getting ugly and it doesn't need to be. You don't want any hard feelings between each other just because you like different things, that would be lame. Both you guys are better than that!

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Good news because I'm ready to upgrade this year
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

nVidia is not the only graphic chip maker on the planet......

ATI and Intel also

(oh yeah Intel is suing NVIDIA over a patent just like Apple does)

It's a non point because there are at least two other chip manufacturers Apple can buy from....
    nVidia isn't the only chipmaker they can buy from, but there are these things called licensing agreements and contracts where you commit to buy x number of units by a certain date for a set price. You can't just break those agreements whenevr you feel jumpy. If they could switch graphic chip suppliers at whim, don't you think a company as smart as Apple would have done that already?

That's why they didn't go with AMD, and Intel graphics chipsets are garbage. Apple relies on nVidia to build them a chipsets to control the SATA ports, GPUs, memory controllers and so on. AMD doesn't have those chipsets ready to go at the drop of a hat for an occasion when Intel decides to get in a spat with another one of their partners. Apple can't and won't drop a partner that quickly and won't drop a partner that has much better performance and the fabs to produce high volumes very quickly.

Do you seriously not do any research or critical thinking before you start posting anything? You are completely wrong on this. Apple was put between a rock and a hard place by this whole chipset lawsuit fight between Intel and nVidia. They had to use Core2Duo CPUs because Intel would not allow nVidia to build chipsets for their follow on CPUs that had an integrated memory controller. That's why MacBooks didn't have the latest and greatest processors for the past year or so. Seriously. Either make a valid point and support it with facts or just go away, you've been completely wrong this whole time.
    HK-Z on Game Center

22. The Following User Says Thank You to KartRacer For This Useful Post:

moon#pie (02-13-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by JHH09 View Post
    Thats true, but macs are known to last
    Really wish I could agree with this. I recently purchased a Mac Mini new about 3 months ago. With pretty minimal, basic usage, the HDD fails, makes a clicking noise. Unfortunately, there were some pretty important documents on there which I don't really know why I didn't think of backing up, guess I just assumed a new Apple product can last more than a few months. $700 piece of ****. Not about to spend $1000 to get the drive taken apart to manually retrieve data.

Sorry that you had a bad experience, but apple doesn't manufacture the HD's. All HD's have a certain failure rate. In this case, you were the 1 in 100 million that failed. Doesn't that make you feel special?

On another note, it was pretty dumb to not be backing up your computer. Especially now that mass storage is super cheap.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast