+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 3 in September?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by elkyelky iPad sucks, it's not a tablet.. It's a freaking giant mp3 player with apps. These devices shouldn't even call themselves a tablet. A tablet in my
    My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elkyelky View Post
    iPad sucks, it's not a tablet.. It's a freaking giant mp3 player with apps.

These devices shouldn't even call themselves a tablet. A tablet in my eyes has a fully blown operating system, decent specs with all the functionality of a laptop without the huge *** keyboard weighing it down.
    The iPad is a tablet because that's the form factor. What you're talking about is slapping a touchscreen onto a laptop. As long as the device can convert to a slate form then it's a tablet. Not liking the specs doesn't change what type of product it is.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sem656 View Post
    That's stupid. There is no way they will release 2 different ipads in like 7 months. It's just not how apple rolls
    that's what you think. Apple will indeed announce an ipad 3 a few months after the ipad 2. that' what they did with the first ipad.

the ipad 2 will have the features the ipad lacked. then, they iapd 3 will have the features the ipad 2 lacked. thus driving up apple's sales and sending fanboys into bankruptcy trying to keep up.
    meanwhile, the intelligent masses who are tired of new firmwares every 2 months to slowly release "new features" and discourage jailbreaking and "next gen" devices every 6 months will NOT buy an iphone 5 or an ipad 2 and instead wait for an iphone 6 and buy an Android tablet.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    that's what you think. Apple will indeed announce an ipad 3 a few months after the ipad 2. that' what they did with the first ipad.

the ipad 2 will have the features the ipad lacked. then, they iapd 3 will have the features the ipad 2 lacked. thus driving up apple's sales and sending fanboys into bankruptcy trying to keep up.
    meanwhile, the intelligent masses who are tired of new firmwares every 2 months to slowly release "new features" and discourage jailbreaking and "next gen" devices every 6 months will NOT buy an iphone 5 or an ipad 2 and instead wait for an iphone 6 and buy an Android tablet.
    When did apple announce an ipad 2 (especially a few months after, here we are into the year 2011 and i have not heard 1 thing from apple about an iPad 2)? Did i miss something or are you confused?

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    You see thats the point, I'm not an "Ifan"or a "PC" I like what is best and works well

I have both Iphones, Ipods and PC's

I think I'm average in my use, a mix like most people,

If Ipad is upgraded with more storage and Dual Core processors and more Ram then its a big plus, after market can make SD adapters yet it would be a big step forward for Apple to stop being so stupid as to ignore what is mainstream.

Apple has a chance that they can loose,

They need to be careful, the time is right to take over the Tablet market ( I still do not agree they have yet)

A few tweaks then Consumer and Business will use Ipad all around but is Apple smart enough to grab this opportunity?
    They're definitely ahead in the market, that doesn't mean they "own" the market by any means. I think Apple will be smart and do whats necessary to keep the lead. If there was a better tablet out there then the iPad I would give it a shot, but so far nothing. We'll see what the future holds!

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple better squash this or they will threaten to sue someone for disrupting the sales of the ipad2.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

This is the i4/Gizmodo incident all over once again.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    You don't...its called making your own decisions, if you don't want to read an article about a rumor then don't click on the link. You don't need to say something rude just because you don't like what's written.
    If a writer post next week about a possible ipad5 due out in December. What would your decision then be?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeah, i do not quite believe 2 different generations will be released in such a short time.

Banned
    Thanks

Great thread devoted to ipad. Apple has always brought some wonderful products and don't be mistaken if it launches more ipads.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sub zero View Post
    If a writer post next week about a possible ipad5 due out in December. What would your decision then be?
    I read almost every single article anyway, so I'd read it, but not because it's about a POSSIBLE iPad 5. If they said that in their title then you'd know that it wasn't a definite. It's not that hard to decipher whats real and whats not.

No one makes you read the entire article then post about it...

Thanks

That is just ludacris!! Why would you spend $6-900 twice in one year for the same product?? Yes the 3rd iPad may be a leap as the 4G was to the 3GS but come on now...that's just ridiculous! Just like the Verizon iPhone, the AT&T white iPhone, the next iPhone upgrade....just give us the tech without pumping the breaks hahahahha! Not gonna happen i know as Apple reaps Millions with the old "lets drag our knuckles and reap all $$ possible per update" SMART business but it RAPES the consumer....ALL IN hahaha!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (02-11-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Right the Millions sold to hospitals this past year and years before DO NOT COUNT LOL yeah I can prove it with time
    But honestly a statement based on pure emotion like your post is not worth my time.
    Been in medicine for 20 years and I know what we have used, its been the early tablets, true computers with XP tablet.

the form TABLET was not invented by Apple friend. Stop trying to make opinion fact, its a problem on ModMyI forums and I get accused of arguing when I'm debating Facts vs Opinion.

Apple has developed a unique product with Iphone and Ipad but Ipad is not a new idea, its been around for years

UPS and USPS have used Tablet devices since early 2000's you know if you have signed for things.

Oh and Ipad is a Consumer product not a Business product..... if it was Business it would need to be more open for the IT departments to write code for it, most of the tablets I have used has special programs for patient care for each institution. That may change but change like that is slow in businesses they do not like not having control over their devices.

Learn that there is a world besides Apple and you will be happier.
    Nice try. I was in the IT field for years dealing solely with Windows machines so I'm quite aware of the world outside of Apple. (Full disclosure: I'm an Apple user now and find that for my needs they fit the best.) You're correct, the iPad is generally a consumer product, though businesses are adopting it a rapid pace. It's also a new product. It's will become more business-centric in due time.

I'm glad that you've been in the medical field for 20 years, but that gives you no more credibility in this topic than being in IT gave me to diagnose an illness. You're evidence is anecdotal and based off of your experience at the offices and facilities you've worked at. There may very well be more Fujitsu tablets in the world. There may very well be more Nokia smartphones than iPhones in the world as well, but in the Apple vs Nokia race, who would you say has won? "Owning" the market has more to do with current sales and trends than it does past performance.

There's no more emotion in any of my statements that there is in any of yours. Just as you may accuse me of being an Apple fanboy, I would say that you appear to be an Apple hater and are using your emotion to argue a counter-point. You may be referring to my statement that the iPad is the fastest piece of technology in history. There's absolutely NO emotion in that statement at all. If you'll remember this article (iPad "Fastest Adoption Rate Ever:" Report), it stated that "the iPad has had a faster adoption rate than any electronics product in history other than cell phones." I rest my case.

P.S. I never stated that Apple invented the tablet. Bill Gates predicted tablets YEARS ago. I'm just saying that Apple has had the biggest commercial success with tablets.

Well the problem is Apple did not COin the definition nor the term Tablet, IFans assume Tablet only means Ipad and that is sad, true techies have been playing with Tablets since the 90's ( I have) and guess what? They were not Ipads.
    YOU'RE MISSING THE POINT! No one's saying that Apple invented the tablet (well, I'm sure some people are, but we can just disregard them, right?), what I'm saying is that theirs is FAR AND AWAY the best tablet on the market right now. Can it do everything that the other tablets can? Not all of them. But what it does, it does better than just about any tablet out there. I know some (many) may disagree, but the numbers bear the truth. Porsche didn't invent the car, but I'd much rather be driving a 911 than a Festiva (no offense, Ford).
    Last edited by stevelucky; 02-12-2011 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. The Following User Says Thank You to stevelucky For This Useful Post:

mortopher (02-14-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stevelucky View Post

YOU'RE MISSING THE POINT! No one's saying that Apple invented the tablet (well, I'm sure some people are, but we can just disregard them, right?), what I'm saying is that theirs is FAR AND AWAY the best tablet on the market right now. Can it do everything that the other tablets can? Not all of them. But what it does, it does better than just about any tablet out there. I know some (many) may disagree, but the numbers bear the truth. Porsche didn't invent the car, but I'd much rather be driving a 911 than a Festiva (no offense, Ford).
    Have to completely agree with you there is something amaZing about how the iPad works, along with the smooth operating system of iOS it makes the iPad greater, although there are other 'tablets' out there, nothing beats this operating system...hands down...

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Nothing beats it except an actual operating system.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Nothing beats it except an actual operating system.
    I'm not even sure what to make of that. What makes iOS any less of an operating system than anything else? I'm not saying that it's the future of computing, but at least Apple is challenging the desktop computing paradigm. Are you looking for Windows 7 in tablet form? Talk about epic fail...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stevelucky View Post
    I'm not even sure what to make of that. What makes iOS any less of an operating system than anything else? I'm not saying that it's the future of computing, but at least Apple is challenging the desktop computing paradigm. Are you looking for Windows 7 in tablet form? Talk about epic fail...
    For better or worse, the iOS platform is still tied to an actual computer for content management. The iPad is as much of a tablet as an etch-a-sketch is. And by that I mean it's not at all. Once the iPad is independent of an actual computer (like an actual tablet) we'll be in business.

And W7 (the actual OS, no idea how the mobile phone version is) is an excellent OS. It's funny you mention it of all things as W7 has amazing native support for tablets and touch controls.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    For better or worse, the iOS platform is still tied to an actual computer for content management. The iPad is as much of a tablet as an etch-a-sketch is. And by that I mean it's not at all. Once the iPad is independent of an actual computer (like an actual tablet) we'll be in business.

And W7 (the actual OS, no idea how the mobile phone version is) is an excellent OS. It's funny you mention it of all things as W7 has amazing native support for tablets and touch controls.
    Who are you to define what a tablet can and cannot be? So, pretty much everyone recognizes the iPad as a tablet (for better or for worse) but because you come along with a tired quip, that somehow changes things? First of all, the iPad CAN be dependent from a computer. I haven't synced mine in forever and I get media on and off it without a connection.

As far as Windows 7 goes, I think it's a fine OS. Excellent, if you'd like. It may even have great support for tablets and touch controls. And as soon as I see and can use a functional tablet running W7 that I like better than the iPad, I'll comment on it. I've just never seen it. My fundamental problem with that is that the concept is just to take a laptop and remove the keyboard. You've essentially just created a laptop that's more difficult to control. I (and many others) feel that the iPad is a new computing paradigm. Once again, I don't think it will replace laptops or desktops (and least not any time soon), but they've designed an entirely different way to manipulate information and brought it into a killer form factor. Try using Numbers or Pages and tell me that they're not an incredible to create content on a tablet.

Thanks

I wasn't trying to knock down what the iPad can do, which is a lot. I just believe that what it can't do is what's keeping it from truly being a tablet (again, in my opinion). Being able to run multiple apps at the same time (not just multitasking) and utilize the screen real estate to it's maximum potential. Media management is a big one for me. Jailbreaking open this up a bit, but I think it shouldn't come down to that.

I understand what apple is aiming for and I like where it's going, it's just not there yet for me to adapt that aspect of my mobile life. A laptop without a keyboard should be the iPad's ultimate goal. I just feel iOS is sacrificing things it shouldn't for the sake of ease and convenience.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i think it may be true. with the latest "knock off" ipad's they will be wanting to release something MUCH better VERY soon before people work out they are practically the same. also with the "knock off" ipad's you can plug your iphone into it so... you never know

Thanks

I would agree with most of that. I guess I'm just giving them the benefit of the doubt. Remember what the first iPhone was like? We've come a long way in such a short time. You've got to figure that the iPad has been out less than a year. Developers haven't even come close to fully exploring the full depth of what it can do. And Apple still has it's tablet training wheels on. Give this thing a few more years to develop and it will pratically be a totally different device. I'm excited.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234