+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 3 in September?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
"Gruber made it clear that his guess was pure speculation, Siegler quotes a "very good" anonymous source as saying that Apple is planning a "big fall surprise" relating to the
    OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

"Gruber made it clear that his guess was pure speculation, Siegler quotes a "very good" anonymous source as saying that Apple is planning a "big fall surprise" relating to the iPad 3, and asserts that this is "not a guess."

At least Gruber was smart enough to give himself an out, highly doubt Apple would be this stupid. From a hardware standpoint what are they going to add that would make it more compelling than iPad2 ?
    A real keyboard, ClamCase has already done that but they're missing in action.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    I think "Own the Tablet" market is a little over the top "IFan" talk.
    Give me a break... If anything, I'm a Microsoft fanboy, but the fact is that Apple created a new market that is extremely viable, and is expected to grow by a factor of 12 (!!!) in the next four years. Apple currently controls between 75 and 95% of said market (depending on what numbers you are looking at). Some analysts think this will drop below 50% in two years. Apple does not want this, and it's not unreasonable to think Apple will increase their refreshes closer to computer timelines in an effort to defend their position. We're talking about a $500+ device that will be shipping 150 million units or more a year in four years.

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

I wouldn't be too shocked with iPad 3 in september but I think it's highly unlikely that it will happen as it would definitely upset the fan base of apple products December might be more ok for people but 5 months later is pushing it.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Green Apple
    Thanks

How do I delete or block a writer?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Please lol
    This is kinda funny but I don't bite!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sub zero View Post
    From showing up on the main page? I doubt you can. I wish you could block every article with the word rumor.
    I come to this site for jailbreak and unlock news. It pains me to see blind rumor and speculation written about as if it's going to happen tomorrow. I thought it was supposed to be a place for Apple related NEWS
    The quality of articles in recent years has plummeted.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

I really don't think that this will, and really hope that it doesn't happen
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

My iPhone is a Part of Me iPittsburgh's Avatar
    Thanks

I think you missed the point entirely there. Laptops and tablets are not the same. No one said that tablets will overtake them, they won't, at least not for quite a while. Apple DOES own the tablet computing market. You show me a company that has more tablets out there, there isn't one. Fujitsu sells cool tablets, but they are expensive and are for some super niche markets.. Panasonic tough books have convertible options available, but don't come close either. Also, have you not heard of the app store? - immahottguy

I was actually referring to the point someone made about ipads taking over the pc market. Yes I do agree that iPads do however command the consumer tablet market. What is this appstore you speak of?
    Last edited by iPittsburgh; 02-10-2011 at 02:47 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sub zero View Post
    You don't...its called making your own decisions, if you don't want to read an article about a rumor then don't click on the link. You don't need to say something rude just because you don't like what's written.

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

This a good and crappy at the same time. How many versions before they get the design right?
    Just as you get excited you got the latest, new comes out and you spent $700. Now not only you spent $700 now you must sell it for less spend more to get the latest.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

If the iPad 2 / S is akin to the leap from 3G to 3GS, then I say bring it on. The 2G/3G were so underpowered they were painful to use. The 3GS' hardware made the iOS experience so much better. Of course I do think the staggered release of new internals (3GS) one cycle and externals (iPhone4) the next makes sense. In the end it doesn't really matter though; hardware gets better every week and more robust products are always in the pipeline.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Also, Android is the only threat to iOS. WebOS has no apps and no developer support, and by now we all know it's the availability and quality of a given platform's apps that sell products, not the OS itself.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Only the consumer Tablet Market
    First of all, there were products before the iPad, no doubt, but no markets. The iPad created the market... just like the iPod created a market, just like the iPhone created a market. I had MP3 players and smartphones and yes, even a tablet before the iPad, but the general public wasn't aware of them, nor did they want them.

As I said I doubt the Hospitals and clinics will adopt them fast ( you know they are also a big market)

Also Business are not as Fickle as the Public, remember Newton? I know Apple would love that to be buried forever in History.

If Ipad does not evolve and something cooler and more useful comes along....... it may die. Ipad is not even a year old yet and already we are talking about version 3................
    I just wanted to point out that hospitals and clinics are adopting them. I am an IT Manager for a company in the industry (working with schools, hospitals and clinics) and they are using them in big ways. Our plans for the future revolve around that fact. If you don't think business are using them, you're not paying attention.

8 to 10 million in 2010 to 150 million a year? 15 times? It has not happened until it happens friend..............
    150 million quoted is for the entire industry, of which Apple currently controls, and I'm sure it depends heavily on tablets replacing laptops and PCs as the mainstream device, which is entirely possible. It's true it hasn't happened yet, but you can lose or gain based on your anticipation... many analysts believe 150 million is possible, and based year over year sales growth of iPods and iPhones, it's very possible.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by T4R06 View Post
    john gruber, john gruber, john gruber, john gruber, john gruber, john gruber, john gruber, john gruber, john gruber, john gruber, john gruber, john gruber, john gruber, john gruber, john gruber,

WTF...
    baahahahahahahahahahah

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

T4R06 (02-10-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Without SD slot it limits it for education as well ( I know about the stories though, I'm not sure a Kindle that costs 70% less wouldn't be a better idea)
    This is what stopped the school I worked at from getting them. I bet the iPad 2 will have more space...hopefully

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sem656 View Post
    That's stupid. There is no way they will release 2 different ipads in like 7 months. It's just not how apple rolls
    True.

Green Apple
    Thanks

iPad sucks, it's not a tablet.. It's a freaking giant mp3 player with apps.

These devices shouldn't even call themselves a tablet. A tablet in my eyes has a fully blown operating system, decent specs with all the functionality of a laptop without the huge *** keyboard weighing it down.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Would people still think so greatly about the iPad if it has a Sony logo or a dell logo on the back? No, it's all hype and the fact that people can own an apple product without having to take a second mortgage to afford it. It has about as much use as a used feminine hygiene product.

If the other real tablets advertised themselves as much as the iPad, they'd be the hottest thing this year.

Windows 7 tablet with 4gb ram and 500gb hard disk...... or an iPad with a severely restricted operating system and about as much memory as a goldfish? I know what I'd choose.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,512 Times in 2,730 Posts

already talking about iPad 3 OMG lol
    Instagram: zplit
    Twitter: zplit

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

In september a different size iPad will probably be released.