Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 3 in September?

My iPhone is a Part of Me iPittsburgh's Avatar
    Thanks

When you say apple owns the tablet market, I think youre referring to just to ipads vs samsung galaxy tab and not something like a fujitsu tablet pc. To say iPad will replace laptops is a pretty big stretch, iPad and laptops are a little different in that one could write code and create programs with a laptop and you couldnt with an iPad

Yawn!
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I could possibly see an iPad Pro come out like the MBP and the MB, two different versions. I'm not sure why they would do that, but its plausible. I think they'll stick with the one upgrade a year though.

talking about b.s. why would apple do this? it just doesn't make any sense at all. If that is the case then I can't wait to get the iphone 6 in December...LOL!!!!

Maybe a high-end, retina display, "pro" version of iPad 2...for a $1,000?

Quote Originally Posted by aimetti View Post
    hey look , the verizon rumors are now over so we have to start up more garbage.
    I agree with this. What about the iPhone 27? No need to get ahead of ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by iPittsburgh View Post
    When you say apple owns the tablet market, I think youre referring to just to ipads vs samsung galaxy tab and not something like a fujitsu tablet pc. To say iPad will replace laptops is a pretty big stretch, iPad and laptops are a little different in that one could write code and create programs with a laptop and you couldnt with an iPad
    I think you missed the point entirely there. Laptops and tablets are not the same. No one said that tablets will overtake them, they won't, at least not for quite a while. Apple DOES own the tablet computing market. You show me a company that has more tablets out there, there isn't one. Fujitsu sells cool tablets, but they are expensive and are for some super niche markets.. Panasonic tough books have convertible options available, but don't come close either. Also, have you not heard of the app store?

Quote Originally Posted by powa View Post
    From the current sources about what iPad2 is gonna be, which is only slightly powerful than an iPad, I'd probably give XOOM or other tablet a try. Apple is planned obsolete on all their product, if they are not willing to offer something more competitive, people will not choose it. Remember, tablet market has lots of potential buyers out there, and the people that buy them aren't dumb either. Unless they are die hard apple fans of course.
    Thing is, Apple knows that between iOS and Android, it is obvious which one offers the far superior interface. Motorola could offer the most amazing specs in the world, but it still has Android sitting atop. I realize that many people are satisfied with it, but I must say that 99% of those I know that own an Android handset have no idea how to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    I think "Own the Tablet" market is a little over the top "IFan" talk.

Fujitsu has had a Huge market share in Business for years.

Also I wait to see more development like many.

If the Ipad evolves ( I think it will) then yes I can see it being more and more mainstream.

What it needs:
    SD slot
    DUal Core processor
    lots of Ram
    Lots of SSD storage ( 120gb more)
    Stylus add on

Would be nice:
    Phone capabilities ( nice if they did it)
    I can agree with you about more memory and storage, but everything else will likely not happen. iPad will not get an SD slot, nor will it get a stylus, or phone capabilities. I can guarantee you that if you asked anyone one the streets to name a fujistsu tablet, they would be surprised to learn that they made them. To say that iPad isn't mainstream is 100% wrong. It is a household name, sold at several different electronics stores, and even Walmart. Not to mention the astounding number of units they sold in less than a year. What else does iPad need to do to become mainstream?

Ok, seriously? Why are we reporting pure speculation as news? How about we find some actual news to report as news? If Apple announces an iPad in spring and fall, then they are asking to fail.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Imahottguy For This Useful Post:

stevelucky (02-12-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    Its a rumor ..............

I have time today because I traveled because my Grandmother passed (She was 102). So forgive me when i read this stuff it gives me something else to talk and think about today.
    Sorry for your loss!

Still don't think they'd come out with one so quickly.
    Last edited by steve-z17; 02-10-2011 at 03:58 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Seriously? This is like trying to say "this is what the iPhone 6 will have" The iPad 2 hasn't even been confirmed, announced or anything and people are already talking about the iPad 3. Gotta find something better to do with 1s time

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyScottie View Post
    Seriously? This is like trying to say "this is what the iPhone 6 will have" The iPad 2 hasn't even been confirmed, announced or anything and people are already talking about the iPad 3. Gotta find something better to do with 1s time
    You don't like reading rumors in the morning? I think its the best part of waking up..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    You don't like reading rumors in the morning? I think its the best part of waking up..
    Haha rumors could be nice if they were realistic but this is just shatty journalism work

--
    Last edited by daffysam22; 02-10-2011 at 10:54 AM.

I'm not a huge follower of Apple's products. However I do know that Apple has never cared what their competition is doing.
    They also have never released a product update more than once a year.
    That said I would love to see a iPad with osX. Same price structure as the current ipads. I'd buy 1 in a heartbeat. I know a lot of other people would as well. The ability to sync my iPhone to a iPad Pro would be very nice. As long as it has USB ports I'd be sold.
    They basically already have it. They just added a keyboard & called it MacBook Air.
    If I can't mod it...I don't want it.

While I agree with everything said, I think you guys are missing the point of a September release, maybe they'd like to release ipads with iPods, during they're media event. It would make more sense to release a facttime enabled iPad now, and a full refresh in September along with ios5 and all of the other iPods. Then continue to release them in September. Getting two ipads in one year would be much better than waiting for a year and a half for one. Maybe they are trying to compete with the android tablets, and have a September release iPad specifically to dominate the new HP tablet coming soon. Super fast iPad now, retina enabled iPad for premium models in September? Who knows!

I personally think the April release date is golden, but the iPad has only been released once, we have no idea if it's going to be on a yearly cycle like the iPods, or a double refresh like the MacBooks. Only time will tell.

john gruber, john gruber, john gruber, john gruber, john gruber, john gruber, john gruber, john gruber, john gruber, john gruber, john gruber, john gruber, john gruber, john gruber, john gruber,

WTF...

Yeah I somewhat agree. Consumers always want the latest and greatest so why would they buy iPad 2 then turn around and iPad 3 comes out. I think what will happen is iPad "s" will come out with a huge upgrade compared to the first one and put those rumors to rest.

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuj29's Avatar
    Thanks

this is all just to get the hype up for ipad2 upcoming release. FACT

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Can I haz iPad 2 first? Thank you.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Lol @ tabaks...

Seriously this rumor mill is getting to be a bit much I don't want to hear about a 3rd iPad when there hasn't even been a 2nd gen

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post

Thing is, Apple knows that between iOS and Android, it is obvious which one offers the far superior interface. Motorola could offer the most amazing specs in the world, but it still has Android sitting atop. I realize that many people are satisfied with it, but I must say that 99% of those I know that own an Android handset have no idea how to use it.
    I agree that people with andriod iphone doesn't know what they are doing. But Honeycomb (Android 3.0) is something that makes Xoom powerful. Honestly, if Xoom runs on Android 2, it will be garbage. Android 3.0 has everything and even more features than iOS 4, however, the ONLY downside would probably be appstore having MORE apps whereas android marketplace isn't. BUT this might change due to the fact that Honeycomb's interface being so much better than iOS (no kidding, look at the gmail app from honeywell, how their interface do), more developer might put their hand on android development.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast