+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod Classic Supplies Dwindle: Discontinued or Update?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
For some reason I have been drawn toward purchasing one of these lately. The first iPod I ever owned was a first gen Nano. I have had 3 iPod touches
    Thanks
    For some reason I have been drawn toward purchasing one of these lately. The first iPod I ever owned was a first gen Nano. I have had 3 iPod touches including the new one. But for some reason I want this. Cant figure out why. My touch if 8 GB. I guess it would allow me to get a WHOLE lot more music. And movies. Maybe Im just crazy :/

Green Apple
    Thanks

They need to go back to the original iPod video style from 2005-6, but just increase the capacity. The outer body style and the OS itself were better than the current classic. I'm also pretty sure they were faster than the current model, I don't know, maybe it was just that there were smaller hd storages In those

iPhone? More like MyPhone Spaceman1701's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a 160GB Ipod classic(circa 2007-2008) and would be lost without it. I also have a 32GB IP4, but I keep all my music on my classic. I travel with both. I just wish I could find cases for the older classics. They are thicker than the 2008+ ones
    Last edited by Spaceman1701; 02-09-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Thanks

iPod touch with a mini click wheel? :/

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The classic is becoming a bit a dinosaur. I can only see these being sold to a specific market so I think discontinuing it would be a good idea.

On another note, I think apple should up the iPhones memory to 32 and 64 gb. It would make all of our lives easier !

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is hilarious, I just purchased a 160gb version about 2 hours ago at Walmart before they closed lol.

I've been wanting it for awhile for the simple fact I can fit my whole library on it really appealed to me. Also I love the old style click wheel because I can usually navigate it while its in my pocket without even looking.

If it is discontinued then it will be sadly missed, but I'm glad I got mine

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ceris7356 View Post
    For some reason I have been drawn toward purchasing one of these lately. The first iPod I ever owned was a first gen Nano. I have had 3 iPod touches including the new one. But for some reason I want this. Cant figure out why. My touch if 8 GB. I guess it would allow me to get a WHOLE lot more music. And movies. Maybe Im just crazy :/
    Well I must be crazy cause I actually went out and bought the black one. Something about nostalgia...
    ....that Nano I had was black....

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

The Classic is..well a classic! But I can see Apple getting rid of it unfortunately. I hate what they did with the new Nano, its ridiculous! The last generation was the best, perfect size and everything. Now where are they going to go with it being the size of the shuffle...with the stupid clip on the back?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    The Classic is..well a classic! But I can see Apple getting rid of it unfortunately. I hate what they did with the new Nano, its ridiculous! The last generation was the best, perfect size and everything. Now where are they going to go with it being the size of the shuffle...with the stupid clip on the back?
    I hate the new Nano too! Good thing I get iPod touches instead!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Th3_Amazing_Ath3ist View Post
    iPod touch with a mini click wheel? :/
    You know... I'd be good with that. Put an iPT touch-screen on the body of a Classic, replace the home button with a "home click-wheel" slightly larger than the home button, and call it the iPod Titan. 160GB touch with click-wheel, would be pretty darn cool.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12